My mom always says about rude or mean folks"just consider the source." They're not worth your time to get upset over. But I agree, if that was said it was rude. Though, I highly doubt he said a word.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-10-11 at 04:47 PM.
    avt123 likes this.
    10-10-11 04:21 PM
    ...Though, I highly doubt he said a word.
    And those doubts would be unfounded.
    To answer your earlier post, no he didn't look like he could hold a job, pay a mortgage, etc. Kind of a loser, and definitely not what Apple would want for a poster boy.
    @AVT - This guy couldn't asskick his way out of a wet paper bag. Besides, I don't know how they do things down south, but there are not many public asskickings up here in Canada. We tend to use words, not fists.
    10-10-11 07:02 PM
    @AVT - This guy couldn't asskick his way out of a wet paper bag. Besides, I don't know how they do things down south, but there are not many public asskickings up here in Canada. We tend to use words, not fists.
    Lol. Nah you don't see many public asskickings depending on where you live. Back when my parents where growing up in the Bronx it was a daily occurrence. It still may be depending on the area. My friend grew up in Yonkers and he got jumped daily (not for being rude, for being a relatively small kid which made him an easy target).

I use words as well. I'm just saying, something like that can easily make someone want to punch you in the face. But the way you make it sound, this guy probably has a glass chin anyways.
    10-10-11 07:07 PM
    ... I convinced both my mom and little sister to get a Torch...
    Why?
    You should just let them get the phone they feel is best for them.
    Are you going to "convince" them to buy an iPhone now?

Some people justify meddling in others affairs just because they are a relative. Notice I didn't try to convince buddy to not buy an iPhone... just asked a simple question to gauge if he was serious about taking his daughters advice on buying an expensive piece of electronic equipment.

People need to excercise due diligence and research what's best for them. Otherwise they are just sheep. Pretty simple.
    mithrazor likes this.
    10-10-11 07:23 PM
    Not sure why anyone would spend one second of their lives caring what phone someone else would buy with their own money. Calling them names is even more perplexing. If Blackberry were the only manufacturer of smartphones, you would see people screaming bloody murder that they are not innovating because they have no competition. Choice is good.
    10-10-11 07:33 PM
    Why?

Some people justify meddling in others affairs just because they are a relative. Notice I didn't try to convince buddy to not buy an iPhone... just asked a simple question to gauge if he was serious about taking his daughters advice on buying an expensive piece of electronic equipment.

People need to excercise due diligence and research what's best for them. Otherwise they are just sheep. Pretty simple.
    Maybe the Torch was the best smartphone for them. How would you know? All they person was saying is that a lot of parnts and grandparents ask their children/grandchildren for advice on newer technology. My mom knew that I know smartphones pretty well and know mulitiple platforms so when she decided she wanted one she asked for my advice on it. She ended up with a Samsung Facsinate. It was the perfect phone for her at the time (Nov. 10'). I didn't suggest it and talk her into it because I liked the phone but because it was good for her. I am sure the same type of thing happened in the situation that you responded to. Why be so judgemental? It's just rude.
    10-10-11 07:36 PM
    Exactly. This is why I find it funny that many BB users are complaining about no new redesign, and some think the hardware upgrade is a disappointment. Meanwhile if the case design changed, had the iPhone 5 branding an had the same internals, no one would be complaining at all.

Well that's not true, people will always complain about something.
    BB users are far from complaining. just giving back a bit of what fanbois have thrown in there face for so long. Its funny to see this pointless back and forth but as a BB user I'm happy with the new products.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-10-11 07:38 PM
    I routinely stand in shoe stores and insult people who are trying to buy wingtips. Freakin' sheeple...
    10-10-11 07:39 PM
    Too bad over 1 Million people who pre-ordered this phone did not think the same thing... coming from sites calling the 4S the same crap phone hahahah.
    too bad 990,000 of those people have never had a chance to use a BlackBerry, let alone the 99x0 so I don't blame them for falling into to the only advertising they are exposed to. If one does not message friends much, or receive urgent e-mails from work very often, if security is a non issue, and having the most reliable hardware is a waste, or if one has low expectations of a gaming experience and needs something that touches on a little bit of everything, or if one does not mind backspacing a few auto-corrections per message on a very tight numb keyboard, and one has a lot of time to waste daily, then the Iphone is a cool little gadget to pass the time with. Luckily for me, I need a smartphone that is focused on communication and helps me be efficient throughout my day and my 9930 is the best tool on the market for my daily activities.
    10-10-11 07:47 PM
    too bad 990,000 of those people have never had a chance to use a BlackBerry, let alone the 99x0 so I don't blame them for falling into to the only advertising they are exposed to. If one does not message friends much, or receive urgent e-mails from work very often, if security is a non issue, and having the most reliable hardware is a waste, or if one has low expectations of a gaming experience and needs something that touches on a little bit of everything, or if one does not mind backspacing a few auto-corrections per message on a very tight numb keyboard, and one has a lot of time to waste daily, then the Iphone is a cool little gadget to pass the time with. Luckily for me, I need a smartphone that is focused on communication and helps me be efficient throughout my day and my 9930 is the best tool on the market for my daily activities.
    ALL of what you just typed out is not based on fact at all and is purely opinion.
    howarmat likes this.
    10-10-11 07:49 PM
    I routinely stand in shoe stores and insult people who are trying to buy wingtips. Freakin' sheeple...
    This is funny.
    10-10-11 07:51 PM
    ALL of what you just typed out is not based on fact at all and is purely opinion.
    your right! It's kinda crazy how I let my own experience and opinions be the deciding factor in my life. If anyone reading this has yet to try, I highly recommend it, it is very liberating.
    10-10-11 08:04 PM
    Why?

They freakin' asked me for my opinion. I wasn't meddling, so don't speak about things that you have no knowledge about. Quit being rude and judgemental.

You know, maybe the guy really loves his daughter and holds her opinion in high esteem. Who the heck are you to judge? So just sit down and be quiet. No one cares what you think.
    Last edited by moiselles; 10-10-11 at 08:36 PM.
    MissJennell#IM likes this.
    10-10-11 08:32 PM
    To answer your earlier post, no he didn't look like he could hold a job, pay a mortgage, etc. Kind of a loser, and definitely not what Apple would want for a poster boy.
    I work in finance, and the people who usually have the most money don't look like they have any. So maybe you should try not to pass judgement on someone you don't know.
    10-10-11 08:43 PM
    What about the people who have owned numerous blackberrys and purchased an iPhone... Are we sheep too?

I don't understand why everyone thinks that people who buy Apple products are sheep. As a consumer, I have nothing but positive things to say about my dealings with Apple and their support team. Had to call them concerning an issue my wife was having with her iPhone 4, and we got disconnected, the representative immediately called me back and apologized for the disconnection. That was my "wow" moment. It would have been very easy for them to wait for me to call again, but they didn't. And I appreciate that.

It's not always about the product. At some point the service and support after the sale has to count for something.
    moiselles likes this.
    10-10-11 08:47 PM
    Almost every thread on this forum is pointless. What's your point?
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-10-11 08:58 PM
    What about the people who have owned numerous blackberrys and purchased an iPhone... Are we sheep too?

I don't understand why everyone thinks that people who buy Apple products are sheep. As a consumer, I have nothing but positive things to say about my dealings with Apple and their support team. Had to call them concerning an issue my wife was having with her iPhone 4, and we got disconnected, the representative immediately called me back and apologized for the disconnection. That was my "wow" moment. It would have been very easy for them to wait for me to call again, but they didn't. And I appreciate that.

It's not always about the product. At some point the service and support after the sale has to count for something.
    I completely agree with you there. I love that on Sprint, Blackberry has their own support team. they really helped me get started on BlackBerry and it's a huge peace of mind knowing I can get on the phone with someone to fix or change anything that has to do with BlackBerry phones. Support is a very important factor as Sallenthornton mentioned.
    10-10-11 09:02 PM
    Almost every thread on this forum is pointless. What's your point?
    This thread has gotten way out of control and is no longer talking about what the OP even had to say.

I'm done with it. Have a good night everyone.
    10-10-11 09:02 PM
    too bad 990,000 of those people have never had a chance to use a BlackBerry...
    This statement is HIGHlarious! Are you kidding? So now people have iPhones because they don't have access to a blackberry? I'm sorry but in Houston, you can get a BB from Cricket Wireless which is basically a Bad Credit, Prepaid, Month to Month, over priced cell service for those who CANT get it with anyone else or don't want to sign a contract for their kids. I see more Cricket BB then I can handle. Don't tell me people don't have access...

BlackBerry� Curve
    10-10-11 09:43 PM
    Maybe the Torch was the best smartphone for them. How would you know? All they person was saying is that a lot of parnts and grandparents ask their children/grandchildren for advice on newer technology. My mom knew that I know smartphones pretty well and know mulitiple platforms so when she decided she wanted one she asked for my advice on it. She ended up with a Samsung Facsinate. It was the perfect phone for her at the time (Nov. 10'). I didn't suggest it and talk her into it because I liked the phone but because it was good for her. I am sure the same type of thing happened in the situation that you responded to. Why be so judgemental? It's just rude.
    Try reading before shouting comments from the peanut gallery.
    She said she had to "convince" them to buy a Torch. Hardly sounds like the best choice for them.
    10-10-11 10:07 PM
    ...No one cares what you think.
    Looks like you do.
    10-10-11 10:11 PM
    I said nothing about access or anything you just ranted about. I said most people who pre-ordered haven't had a chance to use the 99x0. So they can't know what they're missing.

I love my 9930 even more now, after the release of the 4s because the 4s is a top competitor and it didn't bring any game changers for me.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-10-11 10:32 PM
    Nexus Prime will be the new measuring stick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-11 10:56 PM
    Ill need to hear of a Android with extra exceptional battery life before I can even consider going back. The keyboard of the Evo also left a horrible taste. The screen size was nice, but I feel I sacrificed too much for too little with Android. BB is doing it right in my eyes
    10-10-11 11:12 PM
    too bad 990,000 of those people have never had a chance to use a BlackBerry, let alone the 99x0 so I don't blame them for falling into to the only advertising they are exposed to.
    "...use a Blackberry (comma) let alone the 99x0" Did I miss something

I said nothing about access or anything you just ranted about.
    Your correct, this has gone from a discussion to a rant. I feel like I'm talking to my 14 year old. Good luck with your phone boys and good day.
    10-11-11 07:00 AM
287 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD