I have a DSLR. Unfortunately that is not the camera I always have with me (which is my 9700).
    I don't think anyone is arguing that the IP has a good phone camera. To me, the gap in quality between the cameras of top BB and IP is much smaller than the gap in everyday efficiency and reliability of the same devices. I cant give up getting 100 things done quickly for a camera that's only a little better and use only once a week MAX. the 9930's shutter speed makes it a great baby cam too.
    10-05-11 01:26 PM
    Yeah, I did feel like some Apple fans will be let down by this announcement. However, the iPhone does have a competitive edge over the Bold and Torch and we can't forget that even an underwhelming announcement will still spur some to buy/upgrade to Apple's latest and greatest.
    10-05-11 01:44 PM
    Look, if any of you don't like your 9930 give it to me. I don't have the money for one and I am sure it would be the best phone I have ever used.
    10-05-11 01:50 PM
    iOS is far superior to BB OS in every respect that matters (architecture, apps, performance). However, BBs are great messaging phones because of the keyboards and keyboard shortcuts built into the OS. If you take the keyboard away you are left with an obsolete OS running on cheap hardware (9850 even has a plastic screen). The 9900 is the best BB ever made in terms of look and feel and there are still plenty of complaints about buttons popping off and battery covers scratching as soon as they are looked at.

The problem with your BMW analogy is BMW also makes SUVs some of which offer "better handling, responsiveness, acceleration, interior and build quality" than some of the coupes they make.
    I disagree with you about the OS, but you might appreciate pretty colors and bleeping sounds more than I do. In a smartphone I appreciate getting to the point now, so you have time to play with real toys later, not apps that help you procrastinate or fart around while you should be working.
    10-05-11 01:53 PM
    If they also increased the screen size to atleast 4", maybe it couldve been worth it but its Apple, anything goes for their followers (aka iZombies)..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 01:53 PM
    It's called Siri. But you're out of luck broskiiiiii. Apple removed the app from the app store.

One Per Cent: Apple kills off original Siri app, tells users to upgrade
    WTH?!? I don't know how I missed this app. It does look like they added some additional functionality but they basically saw a great idea, bought it for millions and improved it. God bless the USA. Wish I was the original developer lol
    10-05-11 01:55 PM
    Here is apples problem with the 4S

People that are into gaming and video are going to drop the "awesome specs" and go for the even bigger, faster, more powerful droids.
    Business or get 'er done types are in love with the Bold 9930 and many organizations will never give them up because of security.

The iPhone has another problem. Because they made a standard model with the intent of being app friendly, they have painted themselves into a corner. Now, they can't change the screen or offer a keyboard without losing their app advantage.
    Their only hope is that they can convince you that it is the phone to have. They will spend fortunes to get you to believe this but consider this. Unless you are running multiple programs a 1.2Ghz processor is faster than a 1Ghz processor (you don't have 2 cores running the same program do you?

RIM fell asleep on their laurels and they paid the price for it but now they got the memo and this just proves that.

On a side note, RIM is a much more ethical company and I like to do business with people that can be trusted. Apple has behaved much like Microsoft in the past. Both spend tons of money suing people daily. Apple learned the wrong lessons from their near death experience at the hands of Microsoft.
    10-05-11 01:59 PM

People that are into gaming and video are going to drop the "awesome specs" and go for the even bigger, faster, more powerful droids.
    Business or get 'er done types are in love with the Bold 9930 and many organizations will never give them up because of security.

The iPhone has another problem. Because they made a standard model with the intent of being app friendly, they have painted themselves into a corner. Now, they can't change the screen or offer a keyboard without losing their app advantage.
    Their only hope is that they can convince you that it is the phone to have. They will spend fortunes to get you to believe this but consider this. Unless you are running multiple programs a 1.2Ghz processor is faster than a 1Ghz processor (you don't have 2 cores running the same program do you?

RIM fell asleep on their laurels and they paid the price for it but now they got the memo and this just proves that.

On a side note, RIM is a much more ethical company and I like to do business with people that can be trusted. Apple has behaved much like Microsoft in the past. Both spend tons of money suing people daily. Apple learned the wrong lessons from their near death experience at the hands of Microsoft.
    G, you made me smile. If you think RIM is, for some reason, less willing to make a buck via unethical ways than any other corporation, I think you are at best mistaken. Not telling you to do business with any entity you don't want to... just saying that ethics and big business are mutually exclusive terms in my book.

There are also a bunch of current BB device owners that would say RIM has been less than forthcoming with their treatment of current device owners with regards to features they promise to deliver by certain dates.

BTW, RIM does the patent dance as well as anybody in Silicon Valley. Just food for thought.
    10-05-11 02:11 PM
    After the announcement of the 4S, I held my 9930 up like a boxer who just one the fight and said "your still the best phone in the world" and my LED blinked right back at me. Does anyone else get that same confirming feeling about their new Bold after this 4S announcement?
    10-05-11 02:13 PM
    Yeah, Apple is in big trouble

You clearly don't know much about modern operating systems and applications. They are all running multiple processes simultaneously. Also iOS on a single 1GHz core is going to be faster than BB OS on a 1.2 Ghz core.
    10-05-11 02:18 PM

1) Sounds like you should have been a board member telling Mike Lazaridis the way you felt a few years ago!

2) RIM fell asleep and is still asleep, the Playbook proves that.

3) RIM...trusted? You mean from all the lies they keep telling about Playbook updates or the broken promises from CEOs on quarterly conference calls?
    10-05-11 02:35 PM
    Apple improved almost every major part of the iPhone 4 with the iPhone 4S. The only thing they didn't change is what it looks like. There's a new antenna, new dual-core processor, upgraded RAM, better camera, better battery, option for more storage, a new operating system.

I think people are underestimating or not realizing the strategic advantage in Apple's decision to focus primarily on software for the past year. People are too blinded by hardware specifications. It's not nearly as difficult to have superior hardware as it is to have superior software. And in relation, superior hardware does not mean much when superior software does not accompany it. With a focus on quality software a strategic advantage is set for years to come. The eventual upgraded hardware will then set it much farther ahead than the hardware specification-intensive competition. Usability is everything.
    ADGrant, avt123 and moiselles like this.
    10-05-11 02:36 PM
    It's called Siri. But you're out of luck broskiiiiii. Apple removed the app from the app store.

One Per Cent: Apple kills off original Siri app, tells users to upgrade
    I believe the person that you quoted was asking if there was an app available on BlackBerry that could do what Siri can.

I love HRP. They make me laugh every time. The FeigelStation ones are hilarious.
    10-05-11 03:09 PM
    Apple improved almost every major part of the iPhone 4 with the iPhone 4S. The only thing they didn't change is what it looks like. There's a new antenna, new dual-core processor, upgraded RAM, better camera, better battery, option for more storage, a new operating system.

I think people are underestimating or not realizing the strategic advantage in Apple's decision to focus primarily on software for the past year. People are too blinded by hardware specifications. It's not nearly as difficult to have superior hardware as it is to have superior software. And in relation, superior hardware does not mean much when superior software does not accompany it. With a focus on quality software a strategic advantage is set for years to come. The eventual upgraded hardware will then set it much farther ahead than the hardware specification-intensive competition. Usability is everything.
    they improved on but didn't develop anything new. the antenna seems to be a low budget bandaid, the processor was built for another device, re-advertising a old voice app doesn't appeal to me, a better camera never hurts, hardly better, but also less standby non removable battery still doesn't sound great. It all sounds like quick fixes to me. This 9930 software is quality and well thought out for efficient communicating, while other companies do not seem to have that in mind and that makes BlackBerry an easy choice for me.
    10-05-11 03:13 PM
    Prediction: The iPhone 4s is the "superphone" that RIM will struggle to bring a copycat version to market in a year and a half from now, with buggy software, incomplete cloud services and dodgy hardware.
    I am inclined to agree with you...unfortunately. RIM's a follower now, no longer a leader.
    10-05-11 03:40 PM
    I am inclined to agree with you...unfortunately. RIM's a follower now, no longer a leader.
    Do you not consider NFC, unmatched security, lowest failure rate, Wikitude, BBM, BES, BIS, most beautiful (99x0 IMO), or best keyboard to be leading factors?
    10-05-11 04:04 PM
    Do you not consider NFC, unmatched security, lowest failure rate, Wikitude, BBM, BES, BIS, most beautiful (99x0 IMO), or best keyboard to be leading factors?
    No one is using NFC, BIS email sucks and BBM is much less useful (for me at least) now my friends all have iPhones.
    Caymancroc likes this.
    10-05-11 04:10 PM
    I don't understand why anyone would ever buy a Torch 9850. The iPhone 4 (never mind the 4S) is better in every respect. The 9900 at least has the best keyboard on any smartphone ever sold. The 9850 doesn't even have a keyboard.
    BBM? Not having your phone hacked in 6 seconds? BIS/BES? Notification LED?

I can see lots of reasons why an iphone isnt better than a 9850.
    10-05-11 04:11 PM
    Ummm..no.

And please provide links for "lowest failure rate"..
    10-05-11 04:12 PM
    BBM? Not having your phone hacked in 6 seconds? BIS/BES? Notification LED?

4S will have iMessage. I see BIS as a disadvantage compared with the iPhones EAS. Notifiction light is nice, but not worth giving up all the advantages of iOS (e.g. app developer support).

If you need BES access of course, an iPhone is not going to work so well.
    10-05-11 04:25 PM
    they improved on but didn't develop anything new. the antenna seems to be a low budget bandaid, the processor was built for another device, re-advertising a old voice app doesn't appeal to me, a better camera never hurts, hardly better, but also less standby non removable battery still doesn't sound great. It all sounds like quick fixes to me. This 9930 software is quality and well thought out for efficient communicating, while other companies do not seem to have that in mind and that makes BlackBerry an easy choice for me.
    Suddenly I understand why you get no respect.
    10-05-11 04:31 PM
    Just ordered me a brand spank'n new 9900. Weeeeeeeeeee!
    10-05-11 04:34 PM
    And I'm sure someone can offer reasons why the iPhone is better. The "better" argument is never-ending, and is incredibly safe since there really is no right or wrong answer. Now, if you're willing to claim that the 9850 might outperform the iPhone market-wise, that would be saying something.
    10-05-11 04:38 PM
    Suddenly I understand why you get no respect.
    take a wild guess how many times I have heard that in my entire life. when you respond, please also have something significant to say.
    10-05-11 04:43 PM
    Ummm..no.

And please provide links for "lowest failure rate"..
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...issues-625502/
    10-05-11 05:07 PM
287 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD