Agree! The fact that the iphone 4S announcement was at all relevant to how you felt about your BB means that RIM needs to keep working.
    I don't know if your competitive, but I am. While I'm practicing, learning, or training, the other guy/girl should do the same because if not your title, belt, job, girlfriend/boyfriend, reputation, business will be taken while you just sit thinking your the best and only option. That being said, I never under estimate the competition and I love to see what they have been doing to improve. I also love when my team wins like they did in this case
    10-04-11 03:48 PM
    I love to see what they have been doing to improve. I also love when my team wins like they did in this case
    Your declaring victory without any sales figures? Umm, ok...
    10-04-11 03:53 PM
    I don't know if your competitive, but I am. While I'm practicing, learning, or training, the other guy/girl should do the same because if not your title, belt, job, girlfriend/boyfriend, reputation, business will be taken while you just sit thinking your the best and only option. That being said, I never under estimate the competition and I love to see what they have been doing to improve. I also love when my team wins like they did in this case
    Ah... I can go with your enthusiasm. I like it! ")

One thing... I would hesitate to say RIM has "won" just yet.
    10-04-11 03:58 PM
    While I can't disagree that RIM rehashes, to what extent? Between the 9650 and the 9930? A whole lot of changes were made. New materials etc.

People wanted a whole new iphone. I am just saying that is what people want and I answered your question.

The glass back is still stupid.
    RIM rehashes too, I agree. The 9630 to 9650 only added two new features. Trackpad and wifi. I couldn't justify another two year contact and $200 for that move.

Storm 1 to Storm 2 wasn't a huge upgrade either.

I think all phones have pretty incremental changes from model to next model. You kind of have to change platforms, then return two or four years master to really notice an upgrade!
    10-04-11 04:07 PM
    Yes it is an iPhone 4 refresh but now is sporting a 1Ghz Dual core cpu with a great gpu. It will trump my 9900 performance wise. Just hate they copy Android notifications and BBM clone iMessage and make it look like they invented it and its on the first smartphone ever. Always annoying how Apple does that.
    kbz1960 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    10-04-11 04:20 PM
    Yes it is an iPhone 4 refresh but now is sporting a 1Ghz Dual core cpu with a great gpu. It will trump my 9900 performance wise. Just hate they copy Android notifications and BBM clone iMessage and make it look like they invented it and its on the first smartphone ever. Always annoying how Apple does that.
    I see your point, but every tech company "borrows" ideas. When did they act like they invented it?
    Chrisy and moiselles like this.
    10-04-11 04:24 PM
    I found it interesting how wrong all the bloggers were. The iPhone 5 rumors were practically at fever pitch. Lol. BGR.com was even about to pop an artery over the idea that Sprint would have an iPhone 5 *exclusive* announced today. Wrong.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-04-11 04:24 PM
    Ah... I can go with your enthusiasm. I like it! ")

One thing... I would hesitate to say RIM has "won" just yet.
    I should have been a little more careful with my words. I meant won in MY book. I feel that the Bold 9930 is the best on the market and I can say that with ease now that a big player has nothing to hide. We're on a very positive move up it seems and hopefully today felt like a personal win for many on team BB.

Lets go BB... Lets go!
    10-04-11 04:28 PM
    [...] the 9900 isn't that much of an improvement to the BlackBerry line. To many the iPhone 4 still trumps anything that RIM has out at the moment so unless you were really going to switch [...] you would've already gone to the iPhone 4.
    With this announcement, I think that Apple will hold steady at 28% market share. But the threat to RIM hasn't really been the fashion forward crowd anyway ... it's been Android.
    10-04-11 04:35 PM
    Wonder what the iPhone5 will look like spec wise now?

Also, I bet dollars to cents that the 4s will still sell well. Some impressive internal specs and it's not like this is the first time they did this as a few of ya already mentioned.

This coming from someone who loathes Apple products, but is confined to reality.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-11 04:57 PM
    I feel like Apple focused on unneeded specs. 15 months for camera upgrades and a gimmicky voice search? The processor just seems like a easy throw in and unnecessary with out some powerful new feature to run. I havent seen any of these new features on any Iphone wish lists.
    10-04-11 05:08 PM
    point to be noted is RIM is already back in the race with 9900..people are yet to realize it..9900 will not only stop the bleeding but will also win back the Blackberry faithful who left to the dark side. QNX is like a nitro that pushes them even further in the race, that said lets watch out for the devcon and see what is the composition of QNX Nitro. Along with that 2 strong quarters of OS 7 sales is all what RIM needs now to boost investor confidence.
    10-04-11 05:38 PM
    point to be noted is RIM is already back in the race with 9900..people are yet to realize it..9900 will not only stop the bleeding but will also win back the Blackberry faithful who left to the dark side. QNX is like a nitro that pushes them even further in the race, that said lets watch out for the devcon and see what is the composition of QNX Nitro. Along with that 2 strong quarters of OS 7 sales is all what RIM needs now to boost investor confidence.
    I wouldn't say they're quite back in the race. They just took off while the other devices on other platforms are miles ahead. But at least they started. The frustration with RIM has been 2+ years in the making. It's not an overnight, new phenomena.

The new BBOS are good but we waited a while for them. If the same thing is true for QNX devices, there will be the same disappointment and frustration with RIM which is why so many went to (as you call it) the dark side. People were tired of waiting for a new device that was behind regarding specs such as a good browser and front facing camera. If the Bold Touch Nd Torch was released 12-18 months ago, many long time blackBerry users would not have defected in the first place.

We will see in two years when we are waiting to upgrade from the 9930 and wanting a QNX device. I hope RIM delivers.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-04-11 at 05:47 PM.
    10-04-11 05:45 PM
    I found it interesting how wrong all the bloggers were. The iPhone 5 rumors were practically at fever pitch. Lol. BGR.com was even about to pop an artery over the idea that Sprint would have an iPhone 5 *exclusive* announced today. Wrong.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    those buggers at BGR were propagating the IP5 rumors on their site until like 10 minutes before the Apple event began, they also posted some IPhone 5 case mate cases as a proof to prove their point. But whatever that fella Jonnathan is got caught with his pants down as he refuting and belittling all the analysts who opined that would be only one phone - IP 4s announced this year. Moreover even he even went to the extent of predicting the combo of IP 5 and IP 4S would smash and kill the completion. Now I have a point to go to his site and leave a sarcastic comment whenever he has a rumor or a speculation posted on his site.
    dloreski likes this.
    10-04-11 05:49 PM
    NO NFC on the Ip4s is a big let down.
    10-04-11 05:58 PM
    iOS 5 / Dual core / Better battery / Better camera's front and back

big upgrade from iphone4.

iphone 5 will be a slight upgrade from iphone 4s. Just like iphone 4 was a slight upgrade from 3GS.
    Caymancroc likes this.
    10-04-11 06:03 PM
    I wouldn't say they're quite back in the race. They just took off while the other devices on other platforms are miles ahead. But at least they started. The frustration with RIM has been 2+ years in the making. It's not an overnight, new phenomena.

The new BBOS are good but we waited a while for them. If the same thing is true for QNX devices, there will be the same disappointment and frustration with RIM which is why so many went to (as you call it) the dark side. People were tired of waiting for a new device that was behind regarding specs such as a good browser and front facing camera. If the Bold Touch Nd Torch was released 12-18 months ago, many long time blackBerry users would not have defected in the first place.

We will see in two years when we are waiting to upgrade from the 9930 and wanting a QNX device. I hope RIM delivers.
    Exactly. Hopefully if/when RIM reveals QNX..it doesn't come with a bunch of half baked "coming soon" promises..because their track record with timelines is terrible.

People are expecting RIM to use this oppurtunity now to get QNX out the door and regain some of their marketshare..but are forgetting that RIM is notorously slow at getting anything out the door. They had a huge opportunity with the Playbook..but because it took them 8+ months from time of unveiling to time of launch..they lost a lot of "buzz". Hopefully with the unveiling of the new phone..they can actually get it into the hands of consumers before no one cares anymore (ala Playbook)
    10-04-11 06:09 PM

iphone 5 will be a slight upgrade from iphone 4s. Just like iphone 4 was a slight upgrade from 3GS.
    Actually..I think most people would be agree that i4 from the 3GS was a major upgrade..whereas the 3 to the 3GS was a minor.

If this was RIM doing the upgrading..everyone would be on their feet cheering. How soon we forget RIM's idea of "upgrades"
    Storm 2: 256MB ram (up from 128)
    WiFi

I think that pretty much sums it up..
    10-04-11 06:14 PM
    "Your team" is winning?!? What is this, a little league game?

It's just cellphones and gadgets dude... There is no "your team" unless you're on RIMs employee roster.

And besides, if you really insist on using sports analogies, then Android and iPhones are at the stadium getting ready for kick off, while RIM is the team stuck at a gas station 50 miles away, arguing over who's paying for the gas for this trip.

Dualcore CPUs and 8 MP cameras are now the standard for precomium phones, which reflects badly on RIMs 9000 series.

And it was a smart move of Apple to save the iPhone 5 upgrade for next year. RIM better
    launch their Qnx phones early next year, if they want to avoid being completely ignored and having their big Qnx reincarnation completely drowned out by an iPhone 5 launch.
    au
    10-04-11 06:24 PM
    I'm just glad the new iPhone is finally announced. Now we can get the ball rolling at the office to get orders in to replace Blackberries with iPhones. I'm quite sick of my 9800. Too little horsepower to run the software RIM wrote for it. Like has been said before, the 9810 is what the 9800 should have been. We don't see any point in getting BB 7 devices. It's a dead end after RIM starts releasing QNX devices. Given past performance we have no faith in RIM getting the QNX devices right on first try either. Adding RIM's terrible financial situation to the picture doesn't help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-11 06:25 PM
    "Your team" is winning?!? What is this, a little league game?

It's just cellphones and gadgets dude... There is no "your team" unless you're on RIMs employee roster.

And besides, if you really insist on using sports analogies, then Android and iPhones are at the stadium getting ready for kick off, while RIM is the team stuck at a gas station 50 miles away, arguing over who's paying for the gas for this trip.

Dualcore CPUs and 8 MP cameras are now the standard for precomium phones, which reflects badly on RIMs 9000 series.

And it was a smart move of Apple to save the iPhone 5 upgrade for next year. RIM better
    launch their Qnx phones early next year, if they want to avoid being completely ignored and having their big Qnx reincarnation completely drowned out by an iPhone 5 launch.
    au
    Why was it a smart move to wait a year? What is a precomium phone?
    10-04-11 06:37 PM
    But yes, I felt even more underwhelmed with this announcement than I did with the 3GS only for the sole reason that the smartphone market is way bigger than what it was when the 3GS was out. You'd expect Apple to make a bigger leap than the 4S given the amount of competition.
    What is a bigger leap to you? This iPhone 4-iPhone 4S update is the biggest of any iPhone yet:

iP4 5MP camera - iP4S 8MP camera is a 3MP increase, which is the most ever by Apple.
    iP4 single-core - iP4S dual-core is the biggest by almost two times the next biggest processor bump.
    iP4 512MB RAM - iP4S 1GB RAM is double the next biggest iPhone RAM upgrade.
    iP4 - iP4S - 7.2mbps theoretical speed - 14.4mbps is double, and coincidentally technically 4G by most standards.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    10-04-11 07:25 PM
    point to be noted is RIM is already back in the race with 9900..people are yet to realize it..9900 will not only stop the bleeding but will also win back the Blackberry faithful who left to the dark side.
    Unless their carrier is AT&T of course.
    10-04-11 07:41 PM
    Eh yeah the 4S isn't the big jump people feared it might be and I say this as a true BlackBerry fan but in most areas it does still trump anything BlackBerry has to offer.

The iPhone 4S has a higher res screen, dual-core processor, front facing camera, many important apps that BlackBerry is missing, and a better camera (8MP/1080p) than anything BlackBerry has.

On the flip-side BlackBerry has a way better notification system, NFC (except on my phone >.<), a more customizable fluid OS, and their amazing keyboards going for them.
    10-04-11 07:49 PM
    After the announcement of the 4S, I held my 9930 up like a boxer who just one the fight and said "your still the best phone in the world" and my LED blinked right back at me. Does anyone else get that same confirming feeling about their new Bold after this 4S announcement?
    You are completely wrong. The 9810 is the best phone in the world!
    sir.dangerfield likes this.
    10-04-11 07:54 PM
287 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD