I'd like to know this also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 07:26 AM
    I have a 16gb playbook and a blackberry 9700 on tmobile. I plan on getting the 9900 and was wondering how the upgrade would affect the use of my playbook. I would think that if i tethered my playbook to my 4G 9900 that I would have 4G speed correct? I am not talking about the bridge browser i am talking about tethering mode where the phone acts as a modem. Does it work this way or will i just be connecting a tmobiles regular 3g network? Thanks in advenced
    08-03-11 11:21 AM
    well like you said, it uses the bb as a modem, so whatever connection your phone is on, it will port it to the pb...
    don't know for sure, but I think that it works that way, anyone who can confirm this?
    08-03-11 11:30 AM
    I'd like to know this also.

I'd like to know why random posts are being bumped up to the first post
    08-03-11 11:36 AM
    well like you said, it uses the bb as a modem, so whatever connection your phone is on, it will port it to the pb...
    don't know for sure, but I think that it works that way, anyone who can confirm this?
    I also think that it works like this. So therefore if your phone is receiving a 4G signal, that is what will be used to transmit and receive data onto your device, and then transmitted via BlueTooth to your Playbook.

However, I think the real limiting factor will be the BT connection, as I believe the max speed of BlueTooth 2.0 is ~2.1mbps
    08-03-11 11:39 AM
    Ya that's weird

08-03-11 11:40 AM
    It would be pretty sweet. Kind of like having a 4G playbook with you at all times (If it does indeed work this way)
    08-03-11 11:47 AM
    If you are used to WiFi, this would be S L O W !
    08-03-11 11:52 AM
    I'm used to wifi at home and its really fast but being out and having a stable browser with 4g speed i think it would be a pretty good speed. Right now using tmobiles 3g isnt nearly as fast as wifi but imo its not that bad at all especially with the recent OS update.Its actually pretty fast tethered. I guess its just a matter of how available the 4g network for tmobile is.
    08-03-11 12:09 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/site-qu...-order-635079/
    troubles in paradise
    08-03-11 12:54 PM
    You'll be limited to maximum bandwidth throughput via bluetooth. I doubt you'll see higher transfer rates then 1.5-1.8Mbit/s (0.18-0.22MB/s) with all the overhead.

Version..............Data rate...............Maximum application throughput
    1.2....................1 Mbit/s................0.7 Mbit/s
    2.0 + EDR..........3 Mbit/s................2.1 Mbit/s
    01itr and HaTaX like this.
    08-03-11 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD