WOOOOOO!!! Only had to pay 249.99 no early upgrade fee at all
    08-10-11 10:00 PM
    I've been with them since I had my first cell phone. 8 and a half years.

How many hardware upgrades have you done? I've only done 1 prior to the the bold 9900

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 09:12 AM
    That's a lie.

You won't be able to get a retentions plan or anything like me without having a long history and good revenue generation.

They still tier their customers. Like I said, the ONLY reason I got my bold for 160 while re-upping my 3 year (which expires in September) along with a way better plan at a little less was because of how long I've been "Taking it on the chin" with respect to the amount paid per month.

They felt like with my low complaint, prompt payments, and high monthly bill, that I was worth swallowing an additional 90 bucks on the phone heh.
    You need only 6 months with Rogers to get a retention plan,
    I have one and I moved to Rogers with the purchase of my Torch

08-11-11 09:18 AM
    So I talked to retentions twice today and nobody would budge. I've been with Rogers for 10 years. All of a sudden they increased their HUP from 24 to 30 months.

And now that Bell and Telus have released pricing for the 9900 ($169 and $149 respectively), I'm even more pissed. Why is Rogers charging an extra $100 for this phone?? I asked them to price-match and they said they couldn't do that. I even asked for 3 months free service to make up for the extra...they said no. I even threatened to go to Telus in 6 months when my contract is up and they also didn't budge.

So damn frustrating!!!

08-11-11 11:11 AM
    So I talked to retentions twice today and nobody would budge. I've been with Rogers for 10 years. All of a sudden they increased their HUP from 24 to 30 months.

And now that Bell and Telus have released pricing for the 9900 ($169 and $149 respectively), I'm even more pissed. Why is Rogers charging an extra $100 for this phone?? I asked them to price-match and they said they couldn't do that. I even asked for 3 months free service to make up for the extra...they said no. I even threatened to go to Telus in 6 months when my contract is up and they also didn't budge.

So damn frustrating!!!

Damn, that sucks. I wonder why so many other people are having luck and you're not.
    08-11-11 11:13 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD