I read an article ( in the WSJ I believe) that stated that "40% of BB Users were going to switch to the iPhone 4S when it becomes available". There was no source of this supposed poll.

What does everyone think.
    10-09-11 09:07 PM
    This has nothing to do with the 9900/9930

Should be posted in here... News & Rumors Forum
    10-09-11 09:15 PM
    No effing way! Take your BS somewhere somebody gives a **** please!
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-09-11 09:56 PM
    I read an article ( in the WSJ I believe) that stated that "40% of BB Users were going to switch to the iPhone 4S when it becomes available". There was no source of this supposed poll.

What does everyone think.
    40%? on what basis? how was this research done? via his bbm contact list lol?
    10-09-11 10:07 PM
    I think it's a load of doo doo. :P

Next time you make up statistics. Remember that 40% is actually a big number.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-09-11 10:09 PM
    Some lies are better left UNSAID......this is one of them.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-09-11 10:14 PM
    Well, with over 107m iPhone 4s's anticipated to be sold, you'd expect some BB people to switch teams. 40% though? That would be 25 people!! Only joking .... I'm still loving my 9900 (I actually bought a Samsung GS2 on Friday ... and just put the SIM back in my 9900).
    10-09-11 10:19 PM
    the iphone is a very good device and i am afraid if RIM does not come out w/ something even better than the current iphone, they will be in bigger trouble than they already are.

even if they make a phone that is on par w/ the iphone, i dont think they will gain marketshare.

like everyone has been saying, RIM needs to develop their ecosystem (apps, music, etc) much like Apple and their iTunes.

I for one will stick with RIM as long as they keep making those fantastic keyboards!
    10-10-11 12:51 AM
    Maybe people with old Bob's but I highly doubt anybody with a 99xx would give up that amazing keyboard for a all touch screen phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-11 01:20 AM
    by now, most bb that wants to defect have already done so (including me). I came back after 1.5 years though. 25% is too big of a margin. No way. It's not like the 4s is even an amazing new device compared to the regular 4.
    10-10-11 01:35 AM
    Androids are for kids to play games on. iPhones are for young adults to play music and games on. Blackberries are for adults who have work to do.

Plus, typing on glass is ********.
    Giancarlobc and Jake Storm like this.
    10-10-11 02:12 AM
    for me, phone without bbm is useless
    10-10-11 02:22 AM
    Androids are for kids to play games on. iPhones are for young adults to play music and games on. Blackberries are for adults who have work to do.

Funny but that's true.. I've been an iphone user since the very first one came out.. Sold my i4 last year. And I was 'thinking' about getting the iphone4s, before it came out, but nope it doesn't wake any interest for changing to it.

But I prefer to have a BB, and an ipad2. That's logic, bigger screen, same specs. And that way I don't mix important stuff with games or other distractions that can absorb my precious time in my day to day life
    10-10-11 02:38 AM
    Actually I got myself a BB9900 yesterday and got rid of my iphone4
    lawlsucry likes this.
    10-10-11 02:44 AM
    Read the fine print:

40% of BB users* will leave for iPhone 4S..

*who are 5'1" or shorter, own white cars, work at taco bell, has the middle name 'Frederick', whose age is an odd #, has red hair and blue eyes, and don't like chocolate.
    10-10-11 03:05 AM

lololol well said. Gotta admit bb9900 have a sweet keyboard
    10-10-11 03:26 AM
    I will definitely switch over to the iPhone. The very instant that BBerries stop being manufactured. Because it's the only other platform I like and would trust. Until that day, I will use Blackberries. Tried them all except Symbian, like BB best.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-10-11 03:30 AM
    Next time provide the link of the article with the date and section accordingly. It is obvious you made this up.
    He didn't make it up - I saw the same article about a week ago, but disregarded it as there was no illustration as to how they had worked out their figures.
    10-10-11 03:51 AM
    I have also read that article, and I feel this is not gona happen. the people who are comfortable with keypad phone won't switch to iphone 4S as iPhone 4 have been there from many years now and there isn't any big attraction in iphone 4s that it will grab such a big chunk if BB users.
    10-10-11 04:07 AM
    Read the fine print:

40% of BB users* will leave for iPhone 4S..

*who are 5'1" or shorter, own white cars, work at taco bell, has the middle name 'Frederick', whose age is an odd #, has red hair and blue eyes, and don't like chocolate.
    Forgot "Those that live with their parents.."
    10-10-11 04:14 AM
    Oh I'm switching to the iPhone 4s!
    It's the newest super phone and I got to have it! I am going to stand in line for days and camp just to get a stupid piece of electronics!

NOT!

My Bold is my baby!
    10-10-11 06:05 AM
    Like some BB die hards, I was lured to iphone, bought an iphone 4, used it, liked it, must say it is a solid device, but...why am I still back to BB? Using a bold 9900 now, the best BB yet, my iphone has been sold, not missing it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Cozmik likes this.
    10-10-11 06:13 AM
    I have tried many android phones and apple i4 and 3gs but always came back to BB nothing beats typing on a physical keyboard I've gotten so use to my keyboard I can practically type with my eyes closed full messages emails

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-11 06:19 AM
    Someone should start a poll here. Sure some will say it's bias, it's on fan site so what would you expect. But isn't that what the other poll is targeting? bb users!
    10-10-11 06:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD