Ok, I admit it. While I've had Blackberries for years (my first was the original 850 pager), I was tempted by the "other" phones; not so much the iPhone (it's a fine device, just not for me; and I'm with TMO, so iPhone isn't an option), but more so by the Android phones. I've been using Google Apps for my business for years, and rely heavily on several Google services: Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Voice.

Last weekend TMO had a sale. It was finally time to pull the trigger on a new 9900 and retire my beloved 9700. There was just one problem...the other phone. The HTC Amaze. 4.3 inches of glorious qHD display, 1.5 Ghz dual-core processor, 1 gig of RAM.

Long story short (well maybe not so short), I left the store with the Amaze, instead of the 9900. The Amaze was everything they said it was: huge display, blazing fast internet, awesome Google integration, apps galore...but after 4 days I realized what is wasn't...my Blackberry.

Oh how I missed my BB form factor, especially the keyboard. I missed the battery life on a BB. I missed how easy it was to actually get something done: send emails, text, chat, make calls...real stuff, work stuff.

This isn't a thread slamming the Amaze or Android (or iPhone). The Amaze is an awesome device! In a perfect world, I'd have two phones, 9900 and Android, but if I only get one, it's a the Bold, and it's not even a close race.

As soon as I took the Amaze back and unboxed the 9900 I knew I had made the right choice...all was right in my world again. The 9900 is AWESOME!!!

Is the 9900 better than the iPhone or Android? I don't know and I don't care. The 9900 is the best phone for me.

I hope RIM survives, because I'm already looking forward to the BB10 version of the 9900.
    bruteforce037 likes this.
    12-22-11 08:34 PM
    as long as people like you and we crackberry's live..
    RIM will survive.
    I hope BB10 will keep B*R's article incorrect.
    welcome to forum and congrats on buying new BB
    12-22-11 08:47 PM
    Glad to hear you have the device you not only want but also need. I agree, all the smart phones out are amazing. It's finding the one that suits you best that is important. I also can't see myself carrying anything but a bb...specifically the 9930. It is darn near the perfect device I need on a daily basis.
    12-22-11 08:50 PM
    ....The 9900 is AWESOME!!!

Is the 9900 better than the iPhone or Android? I don't know and I don't care. The 9900 is the best phone for me.

I hope RIM survives, because I'm already looking forward to the BB10 version of the 9900.
    I couldn't agree more. I am a first time BB user and hope BB survives. I am hooked!
    Elbojemio likes this.
    12-22-11 11:49 PM
    As soon as I took the Amaze back and unboxed the 9900 I knew I had made the right choice...all was right in my world again.
    I know exactly how you felt. I went through the same thing a few months back with the Samsung Galaxy S2. Beautiful phone, it just didn't work for me.
    12-23-11 12:06 AM
    if people keep returning all these android devices after purchase,what are the stores selling?they want to deplete their inventory don't they? a great example would be when at&t launched the 9800.remember how much stock they had to squeeze out of people.its amazing that all the high tech specs android has,its still on the backburner.and folks are idiots.then don't do their research before purchase."they are like oh its the newest and greatest and i must get it".
    12-23-11 12:30 AM
    Now, let's see if the 9900 battery is suitable for you. You'll probably have the same problem.
    12-23-11 12:37 AM
    This story was like a dramatic/romantic movie where true love is found in the end, after a series of missteps! Glad you like you're 9900. I've never even considered another phone that isn't a BlackBerry. I really think part of me would be missing.
    12-23-11 01:27 AM
    Stockhold Syndrome
    12-23-11 01:32 AM
    Stockhold Syndrome
    Nope. Having a choice and going with what works best.

Welcome back to the Berry!!!!

I have an Android device and while I love using it, it does not alter my personal preference for my BBerries.

To get things done in a hurry, no fuss, no drama, I reach for my BBerry....whichever one I happen to be carrying that day!!!
    12-23-11 03:42 AM
    Hey my little sausage!
    I am just waiting for the 9790 to land here in the uk and my iPhone 4s will be cleaned and boxed.
    Been back over to the iOS side for 2 months and just cannot get away from the fact that the blackberry way is just the best for me...........

Hey Blackberry WHOOO IS DA MAN!!!! YOOO IS DA MANNNNNN!!!!!
    12-23-11 04:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD