I would be interested to hear if yours is like the one I have. Mine needs to be coded after any restart.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Same with mine. I don't mind it. Maybe the manufacturers weren't smart enough to include NVRAM chips with the batteries so only one decoding would be enough.
    01-20-12 06:14 PM
    News on how the Gold Battery's going?
    01-20-12 06:18 PM
    I would love to see your review, and by any chance can I get the link that you ordered the item from?

Cheers
    01-20-12 08:27 PM
    I would love to see your review, and by any chance can I get the link that you ordered the item from?

Cheers
    GOLD 2430MAH J-M1 HIGH CAPACITY BATTERY + DECODER FOR BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 9930 | eBay
    01-21-12 05:04 AM
    Well been running my 3500mah battery for a day and its been awesome

Downloaded 1GB worth of podcasts over Wifi.
    Made about a hour worth of call
    spent a few hours on the web
    used blackberry maps for 45 mins.

And its at 35% and it came off charge at about 1pm.

And even better is that its kept its code after about 8 resets and even removing the battery.

Not bad for a tenner, and hopefully it will get better as the battery has a few charge cycles

I even like the battery door ( it has NFC antenna as well )

I happy camper here

Intravenously expelled from my BlackBerry 9900 using mindcontrol.
    01-21-12 05:06 PM

And even better is that its kept its code after about 8 resets and even removing the battery.

Not bad for a tenner, and hopefully it will get better as the battery has a few charge cycles

I happy camper here

I'm working long hours so I have the 3500 in mine as well. You can basically just forget about battery life altogether. Mine seems to have a short term memory as far as battery pulls goes. I just tossed the programmer in my lunch box in case there is a problem.

01-21-12 06:17 PM
    That's excellent that the battery is taking to the phone... But does it actually last longer than the stock battery is the question...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-12 09:26 PM
    That's excellent that the battery is taking to the phone... But does it actually last longer than the stock battery is the question...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Mine does.
    01-21-12 09:27 PM
    Mine does.
    Now the question is, how much longer?

The stock battery being 1230mAh and this one 3500. Does it last however much the match equals out to?

Does it fulfill the equation:
    (3500 divided by 1230) multiplied by (how long the phone lasts on the stock battery) equals to (answer)?
    01-22-12 12:18 AM
    Now the question is, how much longer?

The stock battery being 1230mAh and this one 3500. Does it last however much the match equals out to?

Does it fulfill the equation:
    (3500 divided by 1230) multiplied by (how long the phone lasts on the stock battery) equals to (answer)?
    For me, three times as long depending on usage. Each usage pattern is different per user. I use an external charger to charge mine when it gets low and I swap stock and extended each time.
    01-22-12 12:19 AM

I happy camper here

Got a link to the one you ordered?
    I had a look on ebay and e-cell seem to have 2 different types available. I want to order the one you've got if it retains it's code.
    01-22-12 02:03 AM
    My 3500 mah battery started discharging quickly last night. I guess its showing it $10 roots. LOL

I think our solution is obvious. Carry a second (or third) battery. Just slap it in and you're fully charged in a minute or two. Something some of the other phones on the market can't do with fixed batteries.
    I ordered an external charger so it should be a painless process.

My drain is around 2.5% sitting idle and collecting email. If I start searching the web, it jumps to 20% or so.

01-22-12 01:39 PM
    And what about the 2430 mah battery?
    01-22-12 02:08 PM
    And what about the 2430 mah battery?

Working fine.

01-22-12 03:03 PM
    Okay, thanks. I'm gonna try it.
    01-22-12 04:45 PM
    Okay, thanks. I'm gonna try it.

Its a decent battery. I'm using it as the starter battery for the day and then using the original battery to finish out the day if needed.

01-22-12 10:54 PM
    Doesnt it get you thru all the day?
    01-23-12 01:38 AM
    Doesnt it get you thru all the day?

It would get you through what I would call a normal day. I used it pretty heavy and it went "red" at 8 hours.

01-23-12 03:01 AM
    i laugh like a horse!
    Lol @ laughing like a horse. This guy is laughing like a horse all over crackberry. I guess he's had an overdose of oats.
    01-23-12 03:30 AM
    Update:

I've been using 2 of the Gold Batteries and using an external charger. Battery life seems better using the external charger. I just swap batteries every day. On the weekends I get 2 days on a battery.

02-13-12 07:08 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD