Well there is no denying the battery life is quite good with this battery. Should easily last you 24 hours. I pounded it pretty hard and it made it. It's ugly though, and does not survive a reset without re-coding.

Its $10, hard to go wrong if you can live with it.

I'm testing the 2430mah "Gold" battery now. It's the same size as the original battery so the standard back fits. This battery, once coded, seems to survive battery pulls. I did two pulls in a row and it came up each time.

More to follow.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    mine didn't seem to last much longer than the oem battery.I just bought a seperate wall charging unit for it that u drop the batt in to see if it will make a difference.Theoretically this 3500 should almost triple battery life but definately not in my case.I'll see how it works when it gets a seperate charge by itself out of the BB.
    01-18-12 03:38 PM
    And you are using this 'gold' battery? Have you had to recode it at all?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-12 04:50 PM
    call me vain... but id rather have less battery life but keep my 9900 looking sexy!
    01-18-12 04:53 PM
    i would just carry an extra battery around rather than that bulky add-on. thats just me though.
    01-18-12 04:53 PM
    same problem here, less then a hour, my fully charge phone drops down 12%! less than a hour!

i would love to buy this battery but i dont think i'm going to sacrifice my sexy 9900 and put a hunch on its back
    hit the nail right on the head.
    01-18-12 04:55 PM
    Well there is no denying the battery life is quite good with this battery. Should easily last you 24 hours. I pounded it pretty hard and it made it. It's ugly though, and does not survive a reset without re-coding.

Its $10, hard to go wrong if you can live with it.

I'm testing the 2430mah "Gold" battery now. It's the same size as the original battery so the standard back fits. This battery, once coded, seems to survive battery pulls. I did two pulls in a row and it came up each time.

More to follow.

Waiting for news about this as soon as possible. Thanks man.
    01-18-12 06:00 PM
    Its a shame people have to go about getting bigger batteries for their Berry's.

No way I would have that that on any phone. Just would hot swap batteries.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    01-18-12 06:19 PM
    And you are using this 'gold' battery? Have you had to recode it at all?

Yes, using the Gold battery. No problems so far. 3 battery pulls and no re-coding yet. I'll get a sense of the battery life after tonight.

01-18-12 10:25 PM
    ^Very excited!!!! Thanks man!!
    01-19-12 07:50 AM
    Yea I am curious on how this battery worked out.
    01-19-12 08:36 AM
    Well I got home this morning and I had 30% battery left. I tried to use the phone as much as I considered normal for me. Which is quite a bit. There are a lot of variables so this is far from scientific. I think the battery does better than the stock one. How much better is hard to quantify. Also mileage may vary as one other person said he did not do any better with the Gold battery. When I got home this morning I pulled the battery and compared it closely to the original battery and the Gold battery is slightly thicker. No mistake here, it is somewhat thicker. Its fits perfectly in the battery compartment. Also, this makes 4 battery pulls and no re-coding has been needed. So, this battery may be the best you're going to do and keep the standard shape of the phone.
    I'm going to roll with this one.
    The seller is on ebay and is in the UK. The battery is made is japan (supposedly).

Hope this helps.

01-19-12 10:37 AM
    Read somewhere else that the gold battery is slightly better than the stock battery, but not much.
    I doubt by the size being the nearly the same as the OEM that it will be above 2000mah. Its chemically impossible to increase capacity without have more of the chemicals in the battery.

I am sure that if RIM could have made a 2000mah battery they would have.

Be silly not to.

Intravenously expelled from my BlackBerry 9900 using mindcontrol.
    01-19-12 10:55 AM
    Read somewhere else that the gold battery is slightly better than the stock battery, but not much.
    I doubt by the size being the nearly the same as the OEM that it will be above 2000mah. Its chemically impossible to increase capacity without have more of the chemicals in the battery.

I am sure that if RIM could have made a 2000mah battery they would have.

Be silly not to.

I would tend to agree with your assessment. The size of the battery would need to be increased or a way found to increase the chemical density. I know Apple, and probably others are working on this. The Japanese are pretty clever, so not much is impossible. The bottom line is; even a little better, is still better.

01-19-12 11:27 AM
    I would tend to agree with your assessment. The size of the battery would need to be increased or a way found to increase the chemical density. I know Apple, and probably others are working on this. The Japanese are pretty clever, so not much is impossible. The bottom line is; even a little better, is still better.

Hi,

Could you give us the URL for the 2430mah "Gold" battery from eBay that you bought ? or seller details.

Thanks

Ash.
    01-19-12 01:10 PM
    If you type in 9900 battery it should pop up.

Gimme a second and I will find it for you.

01-19-12 01:34 PM
    Here you go

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...item2eba4a9f1d

UK seller

Ash_786 likes this.
    01-19-12 01:36 PM
    So you ended up with 30% battery at the end of the day? What is considered typical for you? I'm curious to know how it pansa out the next few days. My extended batts I used to use on my bberries would get better and better over 1-2 weeks worth of draining/recharging, so one day isn't a great way to judge the battery.

01-19-12 01:51 PM
    I have the same phat battery and I just roll with it. Got my decoder and it rocks. Hmm, maybe the HongKong made batteries don't have a NVRAM chip that stores the decoding once initially cloned. Doesn't bother me, as long as it lasts long and got me decoder and stock battery, i'm a happy camper. I just can't stand thin smartphones.
    01-19-12 04:21 PM
    Well I got home this morning and I had 30% battery left. I tried to use the phone as much as I considered normal for me. Which is quite a bit. There are a lot of variables so this is far from scientific. I think the battery does better than the stock one. How much better is hard to quantify. Also mileage may vary as one other person said he did not do any better with the Gold battery. When I got home this morning I pulled the battery and compared it closely to the original battery and the Gold battery is slightly thicker. No mistake here, it is somewhat thicker. Its fits perfectly in the battery compartment. Also, this makes 4 battery pulls and no re-coding has been needed. So, this battery may be the best you're going to do and keep the standard shape of the phone.
    I'm going to roll with this one.
    The seller is on ebay and is in the UK. The battery is made is japan (supposedly).

Hope this helps.

So how many hours before having to charge it?
    01-19-12 06:57 PM
    So how many hours before having to charge it?

I'd say about 10 hours. And I still had 30%. The battery is new and I have noticed the battery's tend to improve after some usage. The real test will be tomorrow when I pull a long shift.

01-19-12 10:23 PM
    Man, this thread has been excellent, like a suspense novel! N9qzd - what are your usage patterns?? From a 100% full charge how do you use the phone?? Tonnes of e-mails?? Notes turned on?? Facebook, Twitter etc etc. Stacks of racy texts to the wife?? Then, at the end of that day, what do you have left??
    01-20-12 12:57 AM
    And I would like to say a big "thankyou" to everyone who posts on these forums. I've learned a deal from reading them. More than I ever got in the Telus stores in Toronto!! I think they do an IQ test and if you get under 40 you're in. My 9780 is superglued together after two epic years of abuse on the construction site ; tis a beast. Its on its way to phone Valhalla I'm afraid (sob) and I need a new one. I'm terrified of the 9900 and its 1230 battery tho. Battery life and call volume are king for me. All these giant touch screens look great but would smash in two days with my lifestyle. Gah!! What do I do?? Battery life is king. King I tell you!! Would have loved to have been in the meeting where they went for a 1230. Wtf?? You imbeciles. Anyways I think this hot toddy has made me slightly rambling-ish. Do I get the 9900 from Telus?? Is the Colt going to have a gi-normous battery and I'll cry because I should have waited like one more month?? I really hate making decisions.

One of the keys to real happiness is knowing exactly how much stress you can cope with.
    01-20-12 01:15 AM
    Man, this thread has been excellent, like a suspense novel! N9qzd - what are your usage patterns?? From a 100% full charge how do you use the phone?? Tonnes of e-mails?? Notes turned on?? Facebook, Twitter etc etc. Stacks of racy texts to the wife?? Then, at the end of that day, what do you have left??

Lots of email/text. Lots of web searching. Lately lots of Tapatalk lol. Some facebook. Podcast playback and music playback. Listen to Slacker from time to time. Also a fair amount of shopping with Amazon, or Ebay apps. Its all pretty variable.

Usually not much battery left.....

01-20-12 01:54 AM
    Just got my 3500 mah battery and its added loads to the back but it fits so much better in my hand.

Let's see how long it lasts.

01-20-12 11:48 AM
    I would be interested to hear if yours is like the one I have. Mine needs to be coded after any restart.

01-20-12 06:13 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD