Since I upgraded my sprint bold to 7.1 I figured I want to take advantage of the mobile hotspot feature....

Since when is it 35 bucks .....is it me or does anyone else think thats a massive ripoff
    12-17-11 02:05 PM
    welcome...
    nothing is free...
    pay or sit back... let other to come and pay...
    12-17-11 02:08 PM
    I think most other carriers mobile hotspot features are there phones are similarly priced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-11 02:18 PM
    rogers is free or at least for me i havent been charged for it
    12-17-11 02:31 PM
    I notice a lot of people are surprised by the fact that there's a price for tethering on a mobile phone. It's been like that for a while now.
    12-17-11 02:48 PM
    It is free for me too on Telus BIS plan. Any Telus BIS plan on or over $50 get free tethering as long as you are under your data BIS data cap.

But then again, Canada has one of height mobile rates.
    12-17-11 03:04 PM
    For Fido, I asked at the corporate store, tethering and hotspot comes out of the normal data plan. No extra cost.
    12-17-11 03:05 PM
    For Fido, I asked at the corporate store, tethering and hotspot comes out of the normal data plan. No extra cost.
    May I ask how much do you pay for your plan?
    12-17-11 03:06 PM
    I understand nothing in life is free but I think that this price is a bit excessive
    kbz1960 and bcbbanga4l like this.
    12-17-11 03:12 PM
    Lol did people really think that it would be free on the blackberry but sprint would just charge iOS and android users?
    12-17-11 03:13 PM
    May I ask how much do you pay for your plan?
    200 minutes anytime
    Unlimited weekends and weeknights starting at 5
    1000 fido to fido
    2500 text messeges
    Caller ID
    Voicemail
    500MB data (includes tethering and hotspot. If you go over you get bumped to next data teir)

$45 before tax
    Last edited by narci; 12-17-11 at 03:18 PM.
    mssca likes this.
    12-17-11 03:16 PM
    200 minutes anytime
    Unlimited weekends and weeknights starting at 5
    1000 fido to fido
    2500 text messeges
    Caller ID
    Voicemail
    500MB data (includes tethering and hotspot. If you go over you get bumped to next data teir)

$45 before tax
    Wow...ok.

I have this plan:
    200 anytime local min
    Unlimited family local calling
    Free weekend local calling
    Unlimited SMS
    Caller ID
    Voicemail up to 3
    500MB data (includes free tethering and hotspot as long as under this limit. Also BBM data will be calculated to this too... but it is soooo small anyway.)

$58 before tax....

I used to pay $57 but when I renewed my contract for Bold 9900, Telus told me they have increased the caller ID fee by $1. FML!

We pay about $170 per month for 2 Blackberries and one iPhone in my house!
    Man I hate Canadian mobile companies!
    Last edited by mss-ca; 12-17-11 at 04:46 PM.
    12-17-11 04:43 PM
    At the end of the day both android users and ios users are using their phone free hotspot after jailbreaking or rooting so we should have it too!
    12-17-11 05:34 PM
    T-Mobile Classic Plan
    $59.99- Unlimited talk and text
    $20.00- Unlimited BB Data Plan with 2 GB High Speed Data

The high speed data is what is used first for mobile hot-spot and then after the 2 GB is used up, regular speeds are being used but still its FREE cause its unlimited data plan.
    12-17-11 05:58 PM
    That's how it should be and stay that way. Why should I have to pay twice for using the same thing?
    12-17-11 06:03 PM
    T-Mobile Classic Plan
    $59.99- Unlimited talk and text
    $20.00- Unlimited BB Data Plan with 2 GB High Speed Data

The high speed data is what is used first for mobile hot-spot and then after the 2 GB is used up, regular speeds are being used but still its FREE cause its unlimited data plan.
    Doesn't tmo slow you down to 2g speed when you hit your limit?
    12-17-11 06:16 PM
    That's how it should be and stay that way. Why should I have to pay twice for using the same thing?
    rogers and fido recently adopted this model. before, tethering and hotspot required a data plan of 1GB or more.

in some ways, and i hate to say this, the canadian carriers are actually good.

telus even advertise on tv free bridge between pb and bb.

as well, my 200 voice minutes sounds like little but fido is one of the few providers that still charge per second usage.
    12-17-11 06:52 PM
    Not really sure, I haven't ever used all of my 2 GB data lol
    I am really happy with the browser on my 9900, and I usually either tether on my train ride home from school which is roughly 30 mins
    12-17-11 08:12 PM
    Not really sure, I haven't ever used all of my 2 GB data lol
    I am really happy with the browser on my 9900, and I usually either tether on my train ride home from school which is roughly 30 mins
    Yeah, I don't know for sure either. I just know the commercial I kept hearing for awhile said that.
    12-17-11 08:19 PM
    Idk if they slow down to 2g speed but they do slow it down after you hit like 2 gbs, if you pause the tv towards the end of a tmobile commercial you can see it on the fine print.
    12-17-11 09:26 PM
    yea, when you hit 2gb they will slow it down for sure.
    12-18-11 03:46 AM
    welcome...
    nothing is free...
    pay or sit back... let other to come and pay...
    you know that you already paid for the data traffic, do you?

If you have to pay this again only because you now also can use the already paid amount via wifi this I call ripoff.

Especially if they wants such an amount.
    12-18-11 05:12 AM
    yea, when you hit 2gb they will slow it down for sure.
    is it 2G or a fix Kbit/s rate?

Where I live most of the plans slowing you down to 56Kbits or 64Kbits when you generated more data traffic. 2G here with good connection is up to 320Kbits which I would really happy with as minimum speed - even Youtube should be ok if it's not a high res vid and not too long

My 3G is ~3mbits here but as it sucks so much of the battery I only use it when I need.
    (with other providers we got here up to 14mbits - all 3G as there is not really 4G extisting and only marketing of "3.7-3.9"G like hsdpa or LTE (without A) )

I only have a 300MB data plan but with tethering as it is a old contract and there it was not excluded. The problem I have this is not enough for me anymore and the next plan with 1gig does not have tethering anymore included. Only the biggest, 5GB plan still offering tethering - so it I not get one or to wifis (at work and girl friend (and there I already working on ^^) the 300MB are gone at the 25th of each month since OS7 and I have nothing to use for tethering or I upgrade to the 1GB plan an would have enough to also use for mobile wifi hotspot but can't as it is not allowed or - I buy the big data plan and only use 1/3 of it but pay 4x the price I do now

Everything is just a ripp off :'(

My plan was originally to use the 9900 as the �ber-communicater an additonally using a 7" wifi tablet but the tablet I want does only have wifi and other tablets with 3G cost more and of course add 10+ for a small data plan too
    12-18-11 05:32 AM
    I am with Telus and pay $30/month for 6gb it includes tethering.
    12-18-11 08:22 AM
    Wow...ok.

I have this plan:
    200 anytime local min
    Unlimited family local calling
    Free weekend local calling
    Unlimited SMS
    Caller ID
    Voicemail up to 3
    500MB data (includes free tethering and hotspot as long as under this limit. Also BBM data will be calculated to this too... but it is soooo small anyway.)

$58 before tax....

I used to pay $57 but when I renewed my contract for Bold 9900, Telus told me they have increased the caller ID fee by $1. FML!

We pay about $170 per month for 2 Blackberries and one iPhone in my house!
    Man I hate Canadian mobile companies!
    You just have to push back a little bit and know what you're talking about.

6GB
    400 minutes
    Unlimited evenings and weekends @ 6
    Unlimited intl text
    Unlimited Canadian LD
    Call ID, VM, etc.

$64 after tax
    12-18-11 10:43 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD