10-26-11 02:21 PM
57 123
tools
    A spare battery with charger bundle should be more pratical. Charge both batteries at night and you are good to go. But draining so much battery at night is strange.
    I thought about it too, but why the **** should I buy another battery whereas everyone just got 1 and have no problem with it ?

That's strange, I don't know where this loss comes from..
    10-25-11 04:51 PM
    I thought about it too, but why the **** should I buy another battery whereas everyone just got 1 and have no problem with it ?

I meant the spare battery is a better solution as one day you may not have a usb port to charge. And you might run out of battery. Plus it will eliminate any doubt about a defective battery.

10 hours is a very short charge. You should upgrade to the leaked 440. If not enough you should disable location, 3G, WIFI, BT and NFC and switch on each, one by one to find the culprit. You should also calibrate your battery.

If this doesn't help you can wipe your device and do a selective restore as few have mentioned this helps. The least you can restore should be messages, sms, phone history, phone log, bbm, contacts and so on. Be careful before restoring your messages to configure how long you want to keep the messages. By default it is set at 30 days. And messages older than 30 days will be lost (I usually keep all messages). Then put back one by one your apps. One detail if you are on a BES then wiping your device is useless. You'll need to have your BES account reset otherwise during the activation the BES restore settings on it's own..
    ArnoFR likes this.
    10-25-11 05:12 PM

I bought one for my last BB thinking I'd need it; turned out I would just keep one charged and swap batteries before going to work. Advantage: never having to plug in my device.
    ArnoFR likes this.
    10-25-11 05:15 PM
    alright I think its safe to say and everybody can agree that the 9900 does not have good battery life in general. RIM expected this as they increased the power but decreased the battery size, something had to give right?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-25-11 05:20 PM
    I meant the spare battery is a better solution as one day you may not have a usb port to charge. And you might run out of battery. Plus it will eliminate any doubt about a defective battery.

10 hours is a very short charge. You should upgrade to the leaked 440. If not enough you should disable location, 3G, WIFI, BT and NFC and switch on each, one by one to find the culprit. You should also calibrate your battery.

If this doesn't help you can wipe your device and do a selective restore as few have mentioned this helps. The least you can restore should be messages, sms, phone history, phone log, bbm, contacts and so on. Be careful before restoring your messages to configure how long you want to keep the messages. By default it is set at 30 days. And messages older than 30 days will be lost (I usually keep all messages). Then put back one by one your apps. One detail if you are on a BES then wiping your device is useless. You'll need to have your BES account reset otherwise during the activation the BES restore settings on it's own..
    I don't want to switch off 3G and location, for Wi-fi it's always off if I don't use it, and I don't use NFC.

Otherwise, thank you very much for your answer, I'm gonna do what you said, a spare battery and a complete wipe, good idea!

For the upgrade I just have to find a PC to do it, what a shame I can't even do it with my mac..:/

I bought one for my last BB thinking I'd need it; turned out I would just keep one charged and swap batteries before going to work. Advantage: never having to plug in my device.
    Cool! Which one did you get ? the Official one or another which is supposed to last longer ?

Thanks.
    10-26-11 06:17 AM
    Fyi , my original jm1 only last 8-11 hours on 2G . And I follow every think was told . Charge maybe 3 times on average daily .

.. Well I rather live with the thicker , fugly version for now even it last a solid 16 hours . At least I don't run around looking. To charge my phone .. Irritating ..

Thank Q.
    10-26-11 08:07 AM
    Cool! Which one did you get ? the Official one or another which is supposed to last longer ?

Thanks.
    Official, from CB accessories. During the 1st few months with my last BB battery life wasn't the greatest, I had spare chargers for work and car before getting a spare battery and charging pod. Battery life improved over time to the point where I'd just swap batteries before work and usually be good for the day.
    10-26-11 02:21 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD