cant believe someone would use that ugly battery and mess up such a great looking phone. Sorry I just dont see whats the big deal with all these battery issues. Finally RIM makes an awesome looking device and you guys make it into an eyesoar.
    10-24-11 07:22 PM
    technically speaking, you haven't voided anythign, as long as you show up to the verizon store with the original battery in, you should be ok, and leave the techs pretty confused.
    Choose your poison......
    10-24-11 07:38 PM
    1st full charge with wipe and reinstall .. 16 hours .

Thank Q.
    That's lousy! I would expect at least 2 days with 3 times the juice.
    10-24-11 07:41 PM
    It charges the battery to full around same time as original jm1 . And recognize this battery as jm 1 . The mv still the same as before .

I don't know what that means ..

I think the IC in the battery have to do with it . Not as simple as we think ..?

Thank Q.
    10-24-11 07:59 PM
    looks clunky....i'd rather just carry a spare jm-1. Anyway, for a 3000mah battery, 16 hours of life is pretty lousy. i can get that with my OEM jm-1.
    10-24-11 08:07 PM
    I had the 2600mAh battery from Seidio for my 9650 and I got almost 3 days of moderate to heavy usage before needing a charge. 3000mAh only gets you 16 hours?? I get 16hours of moderate use on my JM1. IF Seidio ever comes out with an OEM size extended I'll get it if not I'm not going to bother.
    10-24-11 08:57 PM
    Please enlighten the owners of 99xx how to achieve 16hrs of moderate use on the original JM1 battery on the 99xx phone... Please help me and many many others!!

Do you have any data plan on the phone?
    What sort of Network Mod are you using?
    How many minutes you spend on BBM in a day?
    How many minutes you spend on phone in a day?

- Charles
    10-25-11 12:05 AM
    yeah id never put that on my bold lmao.
    10-25-11 02:33 AM
    Please enlighten the owners of 99xx how to achieve 16hrs of moderate use on the original JM1 battery on the 99xx phone... Please help me and many many others!!

Do you have any data plan on the phone?
    What sort of Network Mod are you using?
    How many minutes you spend on BBM in a day?
    How many minutes you spend on phone in a day?

- Charles
    They use their phone for paperweights ...
    10-Dee-Q and aloofkid like this.
    10-25-11 02:55 AM
    They use their phone for paperweights ...
    well said nuke, :P

seriously those who says their 9900 can last for a full day is either bullish***ng
    or use their phone only for paperweight or cosmetic accessories.

i sell bb here in my country
    and 99% who buy 9900/9930 in my shop have complained about the battery life .

this also means that RIM's saying about how the OS7 has been design to be more "effective" than the previous OSes thus makes the newer OS7 devices can run longer on a single charge is also BullS***t

this phone barely last for half a day
    in my busy day, i charged my phone 3 times daily.
    for comparisons, on my 9780 i charged once a day.

Sure this phone has the best keyboard , and also boast a nice screen.
    but the battery life is a joke

i ended up charging it where ever i go
    in my home, in my car, in my office.

maybe the title of this phone should be changed to
    Smart "landline" phone.
    cause it does need power wherever you go.

tips for the battery to last for a day ?
    really can't think about anything at all.
    even if you don't touch your phone at all.
    the battery will be flat in less than 24Hr

i did try this
    i took of from the charger at 12 am
    when i wake up at 9 am the phone only has 35% of battery juice left.

for those who ask you to turn off 3G, turn off location based, turn off this and that.
    I'm sad for them.
    this is smartphone and it supposed to run at its best.
    turning off those functions, will give you nothing but a not so smart phone.
    10-25-11 03:11 AM

seriously those who says their 9900 can last for a full day is either bullish***ng

i sell bb here in my country
    and 99% who buy 9900/9930 in my shop have complained about the battery life .

this also means that RIM's saying about how the OS7 has been design to be more "effective" than the previous OSes thus makes the newer OS7 devices can run longer on a single charge is also BullS***t

this phone barely last for half a day
    in my busy day, i charged my phone 3 times daily.
    for comparisons, on my 9780 i charged once a day.

Sure this phone has the best keyboard , and also boast a nice screen.
    but the battery life is a joke

i ended up charging it where ever i go
    in my home, in my car, in my office.

maybe the title of this phone should be changed to
    Smart "landline" phone.
    cause it does need power wherever you go.

tips for the battery to last for a day ?
    really can't think about anything at all.
    even if you don't touch your phone at all.
    the battery will be flat in less than 24Hr

i did try this
    i took of from the charger at 12 am
    when i wake up at 9 am the phone only has 35% of battery juice left.

for those who ask you to turn off 3G, turn off location based, turn off this and that.
    I'm sad for them.
    Some of us aren't ************ about battery life. Just because yours isn't lasting as long as someone else's doesn't mean that's the norm and universal across the board. People's usage differs and signal strength plays a big part - if it's always having to adjust and hunt for a better signal the battery will suffer. For some, talking a lot on the phone is a killer.

I have a great signal and use mine all day for communication - phone, emails; chatting on yahoo/gtalk/BBM; texting, Twitter refreshes every 15 minutes; social feeds, Facebook, BerryWeather (with GPS location) every hour; I use the browser like some people play games to kill time, I'll open 5-10 tabs whenever I check Twitter and feeds, sometimes leave them open until I get around to reading them. I leave WiFi and Bluetooth on at all times, and out of my 18-20 hour day my 9930 is using WiFi for about 4-5 hours. With the way I use my device I might get down around 20% by 4am after taking it off the charger around 8 or 9am.

This isn't meant to be a slap in the face; I realize you and other users just aren't getting the same mileage out of their devices as some of us. Your arrogance in assuming yours is what the 99xx IS and everyone who's getting different results is a liar is what irritates me. Signal matters. Usage matters. And with different factories assembling the units, there's an additional factor of not quite being made the same. There's more than a couple threads on that subject alone - and people getting different results even out of the same factory.
    Last edited by Reubechs; 10-25-11 at 05:38 AM. Reason: language filter missed
    10-25-11 05:36 AM
    my signal is full on 3G as well
    I'm running the latest OS
    and mind you in my home theres 2 9930 and 3 9930
    my family phones,
    cause here in my country BB is very popular and almost everybody uses one.

daily routines on mine would be on the phone for about 1 hour, constant BBM and groups, (only 3 groups) several SMS, browsing, i don't even use Facebook, twitter, YM, or anything.
    signal is set to 2G and 3G
    and most of the time Full bar on 3G!

i can say that because i sell phone, and also blackberries
    and i use 9700 and 9780
    before
    so i know this 99xx phone battery life is abysmal.
    compared to the previous devices.

i'm not arrogant at all
    I'm just frustrated by this phone
    just look at the threads in this forum.
    is how many person "praise" the 99xx battery life ?
    and how many person "complained" about it ?

as an owner of 9900 phone,
    which is the most expensive BB on the market right now
    i humbly admit that my BB battery is **** big time!
    it's my phone , and i know i should be proud of it.
    but like my previous thread says, i'm proud of the screen and the keyboard.
    one of the best i've ever use
    but the battery life is totally ****.

so sorry if i insults some of you guys,
    but i never met anyone who are actually happy about the battery life in their 99xx .
    maybe it will be fixed on later OS but at least not for now.
    10-25-11 06:09 AM
    My battery lasts 34 hrs with the iPhone battery emulation module.
    10-25-11 06:52 AM
    I think this phone is blocking the battery IC ... Last barely 11 hours ,

I got my staff extended battery for her 9000. 6 hourly charge extended to over a day ! ..

Indonesia is no.1 user of bb and we pay full price her for the phone .

So RIM if u hear. Pls unlock this phone battery whatever , to accept any kind of extended battery.

Thank Q.
    10-25-11 07:01 AM

[...]

I'm sad for them.
    I completely agree with you.

Mine lasts half a day, I charged it last night @ 11pm until 2am then unplugged it...this morning 10 am the battery was 35% charged...WTF ??!

The battery sucks, I may upgrade to a last version, seems to last longer, but I have a mac and it doesn't work on it, I need to use a PC for this update..

I'm really glad about this 9900, but also disappointed about the battery, I bought 4 USB cables to have one in each jacket (or bag), wherever I am, if the battery is low, I can charge it... (found on Dealextrem for cheap!)
    10-25-11 07:10 AM
    1st full charge with wipe and reinstall .. 16 hours .

Thank Q.
    This is not great! I get 20 hours with the JM1 and I think this is bad..

It charges the battery to full around same time as original jm1 . And recognize this battery as jm 1 . The mv still the same as before .

I don't know what that means ..

I think the IC in the battery have to do with it . Not as simple as we think ..?

Thank Q.
    Leaving it charging for hours doesn't change anything? Did you try the calibration with full charge, full discharge and full charge?

i can say that because i sell phone, and also blackberries
    and i use 9700 and 9780
    before
    so i know this 99xx phone battery life is abysmal.
    compared to the previous devices.
    What's was your battery life with the 97xx? I had twice the power with my 9780 vs 9900.

i'm not arrogant at all
    I'm just frustrated by this phone
    just look at the threads in this forum.
    is how many person "praise" the 99xx battery life ?
    and how many person "complained" about it ?
    I'm also disappointed. We were told the battery was 20% smaller and the power management would somehow provide about the same battery life. But the battery life is half the 9780. Plus I checked reviews like endgaget and bgr they both told two days or so on light use. I mean no disrespect but I don't think they test those devices on the field as their main device.
    10-25-11 07:14 AM
    I can use my phone pretty much all day, listening to music, browsing, messaging, using plenty of differnt apps and i get a good day out of it.
    I unplug 6:30am and it doesn't go back on charge until 10pm.
    I am smart with my phone though, when in the office i switch to 2g only mode as i barely get a 3G signal anyway and it really drains the battery constantly trying to establish one.
    I think thats the key really- if you messaging and taking calls do you really need a superfast data connection? one thing i love about BB's is the ease of changing this option and also how easy it is to disable/enable WI-fi.
    10-25-11 07:25 AM
    I completely agree with you.
    I'm really glad about this 9900, but also disappointed about the battery, I bought 4 USB cables to have one in each jacket (or bag), wherever I am, if the battery is low, I can charge it... (found on Dealextrem for cheap!)
    A spare battery with charger bundle should be more pratical. Charge both batteries at night and you are good to go. But draining so much battery at night is strange.

I can use my phone pretty much all day, listening to music, browsing, messaging, using plenty of differnt apps and i get a good day out of it.
    I unplug 6:30am and it doesn't go back on charge until 10pm.
    I am smart with my phone though, when in the office i switch to 2g only mode as i barely get a 3G signal anyway and it really drains the battery constantly trying to establish one.
    I think thats the key really- if you messaging and taking calls do you really need a superfast data connection? one thing i love about BB's is the ease of changing this option and also how easy it is to disable/enable WI-fi.
    I agree plus switching to 2G when you have WIFI coverage is no big deal. This should save the battery a lot. Maybe someone can build a software to toggle the 3G. Or RIM could add 3G to the connection manager.
    Last edited by lostOzone; 10-25-11 at 10:55 AM.
    10-25-11 07:37 AM
    Ok , let me try that calibration charge ..

Thank Q.
    10-25-11 09:41 AM
    Ok , let me try that calibration charge ..

Thank Q.
    It might be a myth, but one I'll support. The day I bought mine I ran it down until it powered off on its own, charged it overnight so it had time to just sit on the charger, then ran it down to radio shutoff. Charged overnight, and have been happy since.

Those of you with poor battery life - if you're pulling it off the charger immediately upon 100% it's been observed that for some users this results in a faster discharge rate. If this applies, see if you get better mileage simply leaving it charging overnight, uninterrupted, with at least an hour of sitting on the charger/plugged in afterwards.
    10-25-11 02:15 PM
    It might be a myth, but one I'll support. The day I bought mine I ran it down until it powered off on its own, charged it overnight so it had time to just sit on the charger, then ran it down to radio shutoff. Charged overnight, and have been happy since.

Those of you with poor battery life - if you're pulling it off the charger immediately upon 100% it's been observed that for some users this results in a faster discharge rate. If this applies, see if you get better mileage simply leaving it charging overnight, uninterrupted, with at least an hour of sitting on the charger/plugged in afterwards.
    That's what I do. I have no battery issues, i love it. I use the FREE holster that came with it as a case because of sleep mode! That's like the key haha. But yeah like you said so many people don't get how to properly set up their phone to save battery.
    10-25-11 02:25 PM

It's not a myth "Short discharges and recharges do not fully synchronize the battery's fuel gauge with the battery's state-of-charge. This can result in the amount of power available in one cycle being less than expected or the battery meter being inaccurate." from HP battery Health Center page
    10-25-11 02:29 PM
    Leaving on the charger once its at 100% doesn't do any good. Its like a gas tank - once its full, it can't accept any more.

Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 02:54 PM
    this is my 3rd Bold in a row but today was my first day using it in anger, fully charged over night and by midday id had 2 telephone calls totalling 1 hour, 3 txt, 3 bbm`s and checked facebook several times at this point my battery was displaying the last segment in orange.

this battery is incapable of providing 1 days use!

in my book that's insufficient for such a phone. (wireless and bluetooth both turned off).

Battery sucks big time.
    10-25-11 03:33 PM
    Leaving on the charger once its at 100% doesn't do any good. Its like a gas tank - once its full, it can't accept any more.

Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Right. Once it's full, it's full. However it's been noted that letting it "settle" for a while seems to factor in a good deal.
    10-25-11 03:44 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD