Found the battery via local .. Says 3800 mah , but the seller say 3000 mah .. About 32 bucks . Let's see what happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-11 02:46 AM
    m.kaskus.us/thread/10368394

10-22-11 02:54 AM
    Hmmm, so there's a picture of the battery, slightly thicker thank the jm-1. Then another pic of the battery inside what looks like a standard bb battery charger. Were there any links to buy? Does anyone who knows more about batteries have any thoughts?

10-22-11 05:40 AM
    I would NOT buy this for two reasons:

1. This looks like fake if the seller is saying it is for 9900

2. Even if this is not a fake, you should not put a battery that not made by a major battery manufacture because it could damage your new phone.

I really really need a new battery. But I am waiting for someone like Seidio come up with one. You should be able to trust your energy source for the BB because it could burn down the IC chips or power circuits in the phone....

Also, just because the battery works during first few weeks doesn't mean that it is good. Example would be I replaced the battery for my server UPS power back up unit with a one sold on ebay. It worked well for two weeks and during a power outage it burnt out the internal circuits and almost gave my awesome sever a power surge as a result.

If you love your Bold 9900 like I do, I would NOT buy these batteries.
    10-22-11 06:53 AM
    I have used Aftermarket Battiers with higher mAh for many Android and BlackBerry phones and have never had a problem. There cheap to.
    10-22-11 07:07 AM
    Kaskus is a real community here, something like an Ebay but forum format . And this guy a reputable seller . So ... Should be real..

It look like its going to be 3-4mm thicker . The seller is currently using it and he report approximately 1.5 days of very heavy bbm usage . Facebook . I asked if it will explode or overheats he says no , its thoroughly tested .I'm receiving on Monday . So excited .

Will spoil my phone?? I hope not ...

We pay via local wire transfer and he send it over .. He mention made in China . Bought 2 battery , another for my colleague
    Last edited by nuke99; 10-22-11 at 09:14 AM.
    10-22-11 09:09 AM
    Horrible battery life good bye ... Man ... Only around 10 hours per charge when I'm awake .
    10-22-11 09:30 AM
    Kaskus is a real community here, something like an Ebay but forum format . And this guy a reputable seller . So ... Should be real..

It look like its going to be 3-4mm thicker . The seller is currently using it and he report approximately 1.5 days of very heavy bbm usage . Facebook . I asked if it will explode or overheats he says no , its thoroughly tested .I'm receiving on Monday . So excited .

Will spoil my phone?? I hope not ...

We pay via local wire transfer and he send it over .. He mention made in China . Bought 2 battery , another for my colleague
    Of course the seller going to say its not going to explode or overheat.. He is a seller!! Plus its not as if he manufacturer it himself and guarantee the quality of the product.

On a side note, I think there's a low chance of battery exploding or overheating so I think its pretty safe to buy it. If the product is available, I am sure it will be on eBay anytime soon but just say bye bye to NFC.. (but who uses NFC??)

- Charles
    10-22-11 11:48 AM
    10-22-11 12:01 PM
    3 left in quantity.
    10-22-11 06:02 PM
    Man... added 7-8 mm to my phone... trying battery life now....
    Then i cut out my casing to accomodate battery. which looks fine

you need to train the new battery with the battery connector

but battery life ... still unknown... its jumping around now the battery life ... And it cannot charge to max it seems ... 4192 mah is max ... maybe i should have gotten the charger first?.

4 % an hour first charge.. lets see how it goes in this few days.
    Last edited by nuke99; 10-24-11 at 02:59 AM.
    10-24-11 02:56 AM
    Man... added 7-8 mm to my phone... trying battery life now....
    Then i cut out my casing to accomodate battery. which looks fine

you need to train the new battery with the battery connector

but battery life ... still unknown... its jumping around now the battery life ... And it cannot charge to max it seems ... 4192 mah is max ... maybe i should have gotten the charger first?.

4 % an hour first charge.. lets see how it goes in this few days.
    Hmmm....
    My first thought after seeing the pictures: Oh gosh.... It looks so ugly :-(

Second thought: well, the extra juice may be worth it, but not for me... it looks so ugly...

Hope it works great for you! I will wait until perhaps some Li-Poly batteries appear, that have a little bit bigger capacity but fit the phone with the original backplate. Another option for my is waiting for the Seido to come up with something...
    10-24-11 03:32 AM
    omg soo ugly
    10-24-11 04:02 AM
    I'd rather buy an extra battery and charger than putting this ugly turtle's back to my beloved BOLD
    10-24-11 04:23 AM
    i've used this kind of battery on my 8900, the problem is not the battery but rather with the back door LOL
    10-24-11 04:37 AM
    Its pretty Fugly .. 7-8 mm more..

Well at least i keep it till the seido one is out... right now .. work > vanity...
    10-24-11 05:23 AM
    not something i would use every day but the days im snowboarding on the mountains, stereo bluetooth can really drain the battery over a day so just having it in my pocket will work perfectly.
    10-24-11 05:34 AM
    I don't like to depends on a mating device. Obviouly if amything happen you have to have it with you. I'll keep my spare with the charger.
    10-24-11 10:50 AM
    10-24-11 03:08 PM
    Does someone want to see if the otterbox commuter case hack will work with this?

Strike that, Pairing device is a fail for me.
    10-24-11 03:36 PM
    I've had experience with unheard of branded, so-called extended batteries, and let me tell you they rarely work better than the OEM batteries.
    10-24-11 03:38 PM
    That is quite a bold look there with the tortoise shell battery door.
    10-24-11 03:41 PM
    1st full charge with wipe and reinstall .. 16 hours .

Thank Q.
    10-24-11 06:36 PM
    Just wait until the insides of your device go quirky.....I'm sure you've voided the warranty by using this battery.
    10-24-11 06:42 PM
    Just wait until the insides of your device go quirky.....I'm sure you've voided the warranty by using this battery.
    technically speaking, you haven't voided anythign, as long as you show up to the verizon store with the original battery in, you should be ok, and leave the techs pretty confused.
    10-24-11 06:48 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD