It previously displayed (and as reported) that on the Three site it had August as the expected release.... however now they changed it from August to september

NOOO!
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=jTjxpwY7
    06-17-11 03:04 AM
    um i think it is set to come out 30 days after north america launches...correct me if i am wrong.but thats why it says that it releases in the UK and the great east
    06-17-11 03:30 AM
    I TOLD YOU ALL THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!

What you will read in the news about RIM and the 9900,m in the next day or two, will be the closest thing you are going to get to a REAL launch date for the 9900!

SEPTEMBER! If we are lucky, October is more likely.

I blame it on the POS PlayBook!
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 06-17-11 at 05:04 AM.
    06-17-11 05:02 AM
    um i think it is set to come out 30 days after north america launches...correct me if i am wrong.but thats why it says that it releases in the UK and the great east
    not the way it usually is. With blackberry, they are usually out in the UK a month or two before north America. The way things look set, it will release to vodafone before any other UK carrier. Especially three who is not as major as orange, vodafone, O2 and Tmobile. But Vodafone should get an exclusivity period in the UK like they usually do with blackberrys.
    06-17-11 05:45 AM
    not the way it usually is. With blackberry, they are usually out in the UK a month or two before north America. The way things look set, it will release to vodafone before any other UK carrier. Especially three who is not as major as orange, vodafone, O2 and Tmobile. But Vodafone should get an exclusivity period in the UK like they usually do with blackberrys.
    As a UK Voda customer with an update due, I hope you're right. This would fit with their release of the video two weeks ago and the 'launching soon', neither of which scream August or September to me, although that may be wishful thinking...

06-17-11 05:58 AM
    That's not the way it usually is...

Vodafone had a 6 month exclusive with Verizon on the Storm, but that was it. The UK has seen a couple of models release earlier over here than North America, but that was more by luck and it was only by a few days.

This time RIM is delaying the 9900 release until ALL their other touchscreen OS7 devices are ready, and they'll all be hitting the market at the same time. Nobody will have exclusivity, they will all release together... but that won't be until September at the earliest.

Releasing the PlayBook too early to a market that expects their devices to work right out of the box has hurt RIM badly, and they won't be making that mistake again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-11 06:15 AM
    im probing into this. my mate works for 3 UK so ive badgered him to find out any gossip he can get... if any.

06-17-11 07:57 AM
    I like what you did there badger... good luck with the badgering

06-17-11 08:00 AM
    That's not the way it usually is...

Vodafone had a 6 month exclusive with Verizon on the Storm, but that was it. The UK has seen a couple of models release earlier over here than North America, but that was more by luck and it was only by a few days.

This time RIM is delaying the 9900 release until ALL their other touchscreen OS7 devices are ready, and they'll all be hitting the market at the same time. Nobody will have exclusivity, they will all release together... but that won't be until September at the earliest.

Releasing the PlayBook too early to a market that expects their devices to work right out of the box has hurt RIM badly, and they won't be making that mistake again.

I'm sure the torch had an exclusivity period??
    06-17-11 09:20 AM
    I'm sure the torch had an exclusivity period??
    They just happened to bag it first. Vodafone did have a very short exclusive on the white Torch though.

06-17-11 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD