With all the doom and gloom that is easily found roaming around the web, I'm really encouraged that I've noticed a lot of new people here saying they are new to the 9900/9930 and also the forums. So it seems that the CrackBerry Nation / RIMpire is growing with new subscribers. I know there is a "got my 9900/9930" thread in here somewhere, but that's not quite what I'm going for here.

I'm just excited that not only have I seen a major decrease of members talking about bricking issues, but enjoying their devices and looking to get the most out of them. The Bold 99xx series is in my opinion the best BlackBerry to date and when it comes to getting things done blows everything else out of the water.

I know a few people that have some of the newer Android phone that have switched from BlackBerry, and when they are trying to something functional on it, I can run circles around them and leave them in the dust. So if you are reading through these threads trying to decide of you want to go BlackBerry or some other platform, understand that BlackBerry is (in my opinion) the most productive communication tool on the planet. Isn't that why we have phones in the 1st place, for communication?

Be it calls, texting, BBM, other messenger clients, Facebook, Twitter, email, blogging, uploading video to Youtube, and all the other ways we all communicate with one another that I'm not thinking of at the moment, you simply cannot beat BlackBerry and the almighty RIMpire.

Cheers.
    4wheel likes this.
    03-12-12 01:51 AM
    I am very happy there are a lot less bricking threads. I was livid when my first 9930 nuked on me. So happy the issue *appears* to be resolved.
    axllebeer likes this.
    03-12-12 04:25 AM
    Do you figure the bricking was a result of a hardware issue that was present when the phone was first released that has since been fixed through newer releases, or was it a software issue that led to the problem that has since been patched in later OS updates?

JB
    03-12-12 07:20 AM
    I'm on my first BB of recent years, i had a curve a long time ago (8900) and i have to say BB has come on leaps and bounds. i've had my phone about 4 days, but i honestly can't imagine not having it now! It is a shame about the lack of apps, but the necessities are there, so i can't really complain! I hope people keep coming to BB, as more people increases the chance of more developers targeting BB as a platform
    03-12-12 07:22 AM
    I'm on my first BB ever, only my second smartphone.

I switched from an Android phone to this, and in terms of the way I use my cell phone, BB is way better. I get all of my notifications instantly, and I rarely, if ever, need to check my personal email on a computer anymore. The keyboard is excellent, and still have a touchscreen certainly makes up for the crummy trackpad scrolling in webpages (love the trackpad in all other situations).

I'm looking forward to seeing what the BB10 phones have to offer. I'll be waiting until the next big BB with a full keyboard comes out. RIM needs to stay away from full touchscreen phones. The 9810 seems like an interesting concept, but I think the 9900 shows that classic-styled Blackberry's are the way to go.

JB
    03-12-12 07:32 AM
    Do you figure the bricking was a result of a hardware issue that was present when the phone was first released that has since been fixed through newer releases, or was it a software issue that led to the problem that has since been patched in later OS updates?

JB
    To my knowledge, RIM never officially released the info on what the problem was. It could have been a combination of the original hardware and the software not playing nice together. I don't think there has been any hardware changes since the Bold 99xx series was 1st released, but I don't have any info on it. I'm inclined to think it was a serious software glitch. Does anyone else?
    03-12-12 09:29 AM
    I'm on my first blackberry as well as first smartphone.

Honestly, i don't know how i got through life without a blackberry. I have a 9900 and i can't get enough of it. It's made soo many things soo much easier. The main reason i chose this over any other phone was the keyboard, call me old fashioned but i need a keyboard. My only drawback is that the browser doesn't support flash.

All in all, great phone, no complaints, can't wait until the new BB10's come out.
    03-12-12 10:16 AM
    I'm on my first blackberry as well as first smartphone.

Honestly, i don't know how i got through life without a blackberry. I have a 9900 and i can't get enough of it. It's made soo many things soo much easier. The main reason i chose this over any other phone was the keyboard, call me old fashioned but i need a keyboard. My only drawback is that the browser doesn't support flash.

All in all, great phone, no complaints, can't wait until the new BB10's come out.
    Very true that Flash is not supported. However, HTML5 video is and it's becoming more common all the time. Even many Youtube videos are encoded as HTML5 now instead of Flash and the Bold handles it quite well actually.

Before I got my 1st BlackBerry a few years back, I was checking out at a game store and the guy at the register had a BlackBerry. I had been thinking about it as my 1st smartphone and I asked him what he thought. He had about as dull of voice as one can imagine, but he perked right up and said "honestly, now that I have it, I don't think I could live without it. "

I now understand how he felt.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 03-12-12 at 10:30 AM.
    03-12-12 10:24 AM
    With all the doom and gloom that is easily found roaming around the web, I'm really encouraged that I've noticed a lot of new people here saying they are new to the 9900/9930 and also the forums. So it seems that the CrackBerry Nation / RIMpire is growing with new subscribers. I know there is a "got my 9900/9930" thread in here somewhere, but that's not quite what I'm going for here.

I'm just excited that not only have I seen a major decrease of members talking about bricking issues, but enjoying their devices and looking to get the most out of them. The Bold 99xx series is in my opinion the best BlackBerry to date and when it comes to getting things done blows everything else out of the water.

I know a few people that have some of the newer Android phone that have switched from BlackBerry, and when they are trying to something functional on it, I can run circles around them and leave them in the dust. So if you are reading through these threads trying to decide of you want to go BlackBerry or some other platform, understand that BlackBerry is (in my opinion) the most productive communication tool on the planet. Isn't that why we have phones in the 1st place, for communication?

Be it calls, texting, BBM, other messenger clients, Facebook, Twitter, email, blogging, uploading video to Youtube, and all the other ways we all communicate with one another that I'm not thinking of at the moment, you simply cannot beat BlackBerry and the almighty RIMpire.

Cheers.
    You may be on to something. The tone has gotten a lot more positive over the past few weeks. I've had a 9930 since the day is was available on Sprint, and it was Warzone on here...since then though it has calmed down. Maybe the UN sent in some Peace Keepers or something.

In all seriousness though, great thread.
    axllebeer likes this.
    03-12-12 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD