I can last about 8-12 hours I switched from a battery from mexico/japan to korea/china much better maybe try exchanging ur battery and let ur battery settle down first took my 5 days. I came back from school today and still had around 40 percent left and I bbm a lot and go on fb/twitter
    09-09-11 07:39 PM
    The battery isn't awesome by any means. But I did get about 11 hours out of it with heavy use. (social media, texts, lots of emails, and maybe an hour of voice calling). I have the screen brightness set to 50%.
    09-09-11 08:26 PM
    Just don't understand why so many people are having different experiences with the battery :/
    That is be because everyone has varying levels of coverage, which is the key factor of battery life.
    09-09-11 08:49 PM
    My battery dies after 10 hours. Thinking of reloading the OS. Very frustrating to have a phone die before I can get home from the office. Gonna have to invest in a cradle for the office, disappointing that it has to come to this. Definetly not favorable when travelling on business.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 10:42 PM
    Honestly people are getting 2 days. i had the exact same problem as you an then i updated to the leaked update and now i finish a hard usage day on around 50%
    Same with me. Updated to .353 and now I'm good. Last all day of heavy usage and charge on the dock when I go to sleep.
    09-10-11 12:32 AM
    34 hours of average usage on .353 and still at 38% remaining, with a discharge rate of 2.1%.

And for the doubters...

rafiks likes this.
    09-10-11 01:48 AM
    The 9900 is fail in the battery department.

No one wants to admit it.

I bought 3 new batteries from Verizon to test if its a batter issue and its still a battery fail. I get 6 hours max for regular use.

People that say they get 2 days out of it are lying.

Massive epic lies.

RIM killed the one great feature we adore.
    First... The whole epic/fail started 3-4 years ago and is clearly being used too much now. Get some internet originality in 2011. 'The 9900 is fail in the battery department'. Really? When you read that, do you think it's funny and/or cool? The 9900 fails in the battery department. See how easy that is? And it makes sense.

Second... I am running OS version 7.0.0.353 on my 9930 and the battery is very good now.

Try it before you knock it.

09-10-11 04:08 AM
    34 hours of average usage on .353 and still at 38% remaining, with a discharge rate of 2.1%.

And for the doubters...

WoW, Phil. That's some incredible battery life. I'm using .353 and get 12hrs consistently with about 30% remaining with moderate usage. I'm not unhappy, but world love at least 6 or so hours just in case, I don't get caught out from heavy usage one of those days.

Can you pls list the apps you are running, if you don't mind?
    09-10-11 06:24 AM

I bought 3 new batteries from Verizon to test if its a batter issue and its still a battery fail. I get 6 hours max for regular use.

Massive epic lies.

Nuff said.
    09-10-11 10:21 AM
    Well glad to inform you guys it is a device issue. I'm on my 3rd 9900 and now i am at 7% with very heavy use. Although there are still some little perks and what not such as the call and end call key is not flush with the screen.
    09-10-11 11:25 AM

Massive epic lies.

LOL just lol...thats because your an epic fail yourself...i get close to 2 days battery life on my 9900...u just need to be smart and follow the tips given on increasing battery life. I do agree with u somewhat that the battery should have been a higher capacity but it isnt so just learn to suck it up
    09-11-11 11:23 AM
    Here is something that will help, let the battery run down once all the way, recharge it. Then let it run down into the red. I did this and I seem to be getting better life. I know that they say this is not necessary, but if it works....
    09-11-11 11:49 AM
    thought i'd share my bb 9900 experience with you.
    i've had it for a couple of weeks now.
    had terrrrrible battery performance to begin with.
    read all kinds of forums and was trying to decide what to do.
    i live in a place where batteries are not readily available .. nor did i want to spend even more money on a new battery after spending a bundle on my new smart phone.
    anyway, i read something about deleting the 'social feeds' app .. which i felt i also didn't want to do (not using it now, but i may in the future)
    SO ..
    I went into the options for the social feeds app .. and into the 'integrated applications' sub category .. i unchecked ALL the applications. then i went into the 'notifications' and unchecked everything in there. so the app was essentially disabled but still installed.

the result was that i got 'better' battery performance but still not as i had hoped.
    finally, i went into the 'facebook' mobile app and set the 'check for news feeds' tab to NEVER!!! (which still allows you to receive FB notifications)

people, i am now getting very very good, almost excellent, battery performance. I would say i use my phone on a medium to heavy load and am now getting a day and a half minimum .. sometimes more before i have to charge up.
    hope this helps some people.
    ciao tutti.
    09-11-11 11:54 AM
    My phone discharges fast when I leave on Facebook Chat through the app. Its a constant power hog. I bet alot of people are doing the same not knowing that leaving that online, even if facebook is closed the chat still goes. MAJOR DRAIN
    09-11-11 01:02 PM
    Is there any way to update to a leaked FW version using OS X?
    09-11-11 01:37 PM
    Is there any way to update to a leaked FW version using OS X?
    As of yet there is no way. All I have at home is Macs. I went out and bought myself a little netbook on craigslist for 140$ its a nice laptop, battery lasts up to 10hrs, comes with 1.6ghz dual core atom processor, 2gb ram and 160gb hd. Its a little windows that I use when my mac can't run certain programs. Thats my best advice for you, or use bootcamp.
    09-11-11 01:50 PM
    My mum has a wee netbook but its not very powerful tbh, where would i find the FW version I need?
    09-11-11 02:33 PM
    No way! I use mine very regularly and I put it on the charger before bed at around 10:30 and still have 35-40%....battery life is as good as any I've had.
    I have to agree and have had good battery life. Not two days but a good days use with 50% left over when it is dropped in the charger.
    09-11-11 02:40 PM
    My mum has a wee netbook but its not very powerful tbh, where would i find the FW version I need?
    It will do the job. You don't need much power. You can find the firmwares around the forum.
    09-11-11 02:45 PM

Massive epic lies.

I am getting the best battery life of any device I have ever owned! I am a heavy user all day long I would think this wide of a difference points to a hardware issue if you have already changed batteries.

09-11-11 02:58 PM
    I am getting the best battery life of any device I have ever owned! I am a heavy user all day long I would think this wide of a difference points to a hardware issue if you have already changed batteries.

Mine isnt as good as my 9700 or 9000, but after deleting some apps that were not optimized for os 7 and doing a clean install, rather than porting over from my old BB, I am getting 3-5 % discharge an hour, which is completely awesome and reasonable for the amount of power that is packed in compared to old BBs. I agree that it is either a hardware issue, or an app issue. I freaking love this phone.
    09-11-11 03:01 PM
    I'll search or something. Very new to the Blackberry world and dont have a clue about them
    09-11-11 03:14 PM
    Try switching to 2G yet? 3G doesn't matter unless you surf/stream a lot anyway

You shouldn't have to switch from 3G to 2G or whatever. When you get your phone it should work as advertised. I know its taxing on the battery but you shouldn't have to switch data speed to conserve battery. If you do then its a crappy battery or design

James

enzozenuni likes this.
    09-11-11 03:20 PM
    I've had the 9930 for 2 weeks now and it's the best Blackberry ever. The battery is amazing for how thin it is. Easily go through a day of calls, BES emails which is always running in the background, and apps like Google maps, browser, camera, and texting.

I was super skeptical before I tried it out.
    09-11-11 03:41 PM
    I took Agent 99 off the charger at ~11:30AM yesterday, put her back on the charger 14.5 hours later with 36% left.
    09-12-11 08:16 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD