I don't understand why i am getting 27.8% discharge when all i am using is tdameritrade app and browser. very light usage. in 2 hours i am at 70%
    09-09-11 01:30 PM
    I am not familiar with TDameritrade, But does it refresh or poll for information every 15 mins, half hour, hour? If so, then this can be VERY taxing on the battery. I know when I had Facebook polling every hour it would drain my battery almost as fast as your seeing with yours.
    09-09-11 01:37 PM
    The 9900 is fail in the battery department.

No one wants to admit it.

I bought 3 new batteries from Verizon to test if its a batter issue and its still a battery fail. I get 6 hours max for regular use.

People that say they get 2 days out of it are lying.

Massive epic lies.

RIM killed the one great feature we adore.
    drfever and Brov like this.
    09-09-11 01:41 PM
    not really...i get a whole days of usage on my 9930. from 6am to 8pm...so NO its not a fail...heavy usage =] i know many of friends who have 9900/9930 and get good battery life.
    09-09-11 01:46 PM
    Try switching to 2G yet? 3G doesn't matter unless you surf/stream a lot anyway
    09-09-11 01:46 PM
    I got a 9930 with verizon stock os. My battery lasts all day long, with no issues. The other day I went 19 hours before putting it back on the charger (I charge via the pod, when I go to bed). I do a lot of txting / bbm and have never run into any issues with my battery life. I also have screen brightness on 10, disabled twitter refreshing. My FB is set to refresh once an hour. I do moderate web browsing too. No issues, I love my 9930.
    09-09-11 01:50 PM
    love the 9900, but not a fan of the battery
    09-09-11 01:53 PM

I bought 3 new batteries from Verizon to test if its a batter issue and its still a battery fail. I get 6 hours max for regular use.

Massive epic lies.

No way! I use mine very regularly and I put it on the charger before bed at around 10:30 and still have 35-40%....battery life is as good as any I've had.
    09-09-11 01:54 PM
    I got a 9930 with verizon stock os. My battery lasts all day long, with no issues. The other day I went 19 hours before putting it back on the charger (I charge via the pod, when I go to bed). I do a lot of txting / bbm and have never run into any issues with my battery life. I also have screen brightness on 10, disabled twitter refreshing. My FB is set to refresh once an hour. I do moderate web browsing too. No issues, I love my 9930.
    Yup...sounds like me...people who say battery is bad have either a bad battery or bad phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 01:55 PM

Massive epic lies.
    you know what! your right, i mean all those meterberry shots with 4% per hour and such useage from different users are blatanly photoshops! im so so supprised i didnt see it before, thanks for making me notice it now

/sarcasm

i own a 9900, iv gotten a day and a half out of mine on `normal` useage for me, which is the same as i got from my 9800. however that was more as just a test, normally i recharge my phone while i recharge my own batteries. makes sense to me plus bedside mode means i don t get disturbed by people trying to tell me im lying
    Fnord likes this.
    09-09-11 02:08 PM

This is exactly where I am too but lots of email rather than texting, except my screen brightness is at 40.
    09-09-11 02:11 PM

Massive epic lies.

Honestly people are getting 2 days. i had the exact same problem as you an then i updated to the leaked update and now i finish a hard usage day on around 50%
    09-09-11 02:24 PM
    In case anyone is curious, my phone was made in MEXICO5. No complaints whatsoever, it's a great BB.. very happy I made the switch back from Android.
    09-09-11 02:31 PM
    I have a 9930 on Verizon with heavy use all day and by far the best battery life hands down. And how fast it charges is amazing! A lot of people are complaining about battery life maybe hardware issues?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-09-11 02:40 PM

Massive epic lies.

dang dude.. every post u make is so negative!! return your device already!

with my usage at
    1h16m of browser
    30m on FB
    5m on twitter
    10n on BBM
    45m on Phone

took the charger off at 7:30am .. my discharge rate is at 4.3%

you should really learn from this guy:

I have a 9930 on Verizon with heavy use all day and by far the best battery life hands down. And how fast it charges is amazing! A lot of people are complaining about battery life maybe hardware issues?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    he seems to have turned a new leaf and is not loving his 9900
    09-09-11 02:49 PM
    battery life has a lot to do with coverage. When I'm in my office in Ft. Lee, NJ, battery drains somewhat fast (50% by 6-7 PM; off charger at 7 AM), because I do not have great reception but when I'm home I get somewhere around 12 hours out of it. Yes, it's true battery life was better on my old 8330 but that was because of the specs of the device.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    09-09-11 03:12 PM
    All day bbm with couple of people and having %5.2 discharge rate at most. Happy with .353 leak
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    09-09-11 03:16 PM
    My battery runs about -6%/hr, +/-1%. Something's wrong with either your battery or your device. Take it back and exchange it. I don't even think an OS update would fix that.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    09-09-11 03:54 PM
    Okay so I found out the problem....

I am sad to say that the problem with everyone having these faulty batteries is RIM's fault for poor built I went today to return my phone and get a different one. I get my other one half of the keyboard lit up, the trackpad made terrible squeaky noise, the battery with the charge it had left in it died in 45mins. So i go back and get another one. This one so far its been 2 hours since i got it and battery has barely moved. Only problem with this one is that the buttons on top where the bb, call, back, end call is that whole plastic piece is not flush with the screen. If anyone knows how to fix that please let me know. Other then that the phone is operating as it should be. Battery is lasting long so far. It seems that rim has launched a bunch of premature phones.
    09-09-11 04:49 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tinued-647470/

I was having the same issue; it was definitely the battery. if you read through, I explain the differences I saw, some physical differences between the new and old batteries, as well.

If I hadn't seen the differences myself, I would have readily agreed that people were blowing smoke about the 3-5% discharge rates and 15 hour battery life.
    09-09-11 04:49 PM

Massive epic lies.

Are you kidding?? I get way over 6 hours. I'm averaging about 14-16 hours daily I swear. I definitely don't get 2 days though. Hopefully we see even more improvements in battery after some more software updates/optimizing.

I also frequently text, Tweet, Facebook, BBM (in a group), make phone calls, and browse the web.

You must be in a very poor signal area to only get 6 hours of regular use.
    09-09-11 06:40 PM
    I got Sprint to send me a new battery, waiting for it to show up so I can test if the battery is bad or it is the OS or the phone... I'm on Sprint, 241 I believe (latest OS) and I'm at 12% per hour over night unplugged on bedside mode, so I'm waiting to see which it is, but I cannot get through 6 hours of normal use without the battery dying right now.
    Last edited by zabes64; 09-10-11 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Oops screwed up and wrote new phone when they sent a new battery
    09-09-11 06:41 PM
    I got Sprint to send me a new phone, waiting for it to show up so I can test if the battery is bad or it is the OS or the phone... I'm on Sprint, 241 I believe (latest OS) and I'm at 12% per hour over night unplugged on bedside mode, so I'm waiting to see which it is, but I cannot get through 6 hours of normal use without the battery dying right now.
    I noticed it takes a couple of uses to get better battery life. It's almost as if the battery has to be broken in. It's weird because I thought new battery tech doesn't require cycling them. But it could be a software related feature. It definitely takes a few cycles after loading a new OS to get optimal battery for me usually.

Also, I'm using .353 and getting great battery life with it. You could try upgrading.

Good luck.
    09-09-11 06:48 PM
    Get it replaced. Its faulty.
    09-09-11 07:15 PM
    Just don't understand why so many people are having different experiences with the battery :/
    09-09-11 07:34 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD