first of all i love this phone. its been great for me so far. I've been getting iPhone 4S envy here and there, but i think i would felt the same way about the 9900 if it was the other way around anyways.

anywho, so i did a speed test with my BB and my iPod touch. although the BB FEELS better, surprisingly, my typing speed is the same or FASTER on my iPod touch. i really feel that the auto spell check on the iPhone is what makes it quicker. is there an app or future plans to implement this in OS 7? i don't understand why it doesn't give this option

i'm also having trouble configuring my hosted email account. how can i sync both the sent and received emails? when i send emails from my phone or on my computer, my phone displays them on the phone, but only for my gmail account. is there a way to configure this on my hosted account also?

TIA!
    10-15-11 07:22 PM
    is it even possible to sync my sent mail with my hosted account?
    10-17-11 02:08 PM
    first of all i love this phone. its been great for me so far. I've been getting iPhone 4S envy here and there, but i think i would felt the same way about the 9900 if it was the other way around anyways.

anywho, so i did a speed test with my BB and my iPod touch. although the BB FEELS better, surprisingly, my typing speed is the same or FASTER on my iPod touch. i really feel that the auto spell check on the iPhone is what makes it quicker. is there an app or future plans to implement this in OS 7? i don't understand why it doesn't give this option

i'm also having trouble configuring my hosted email account. how can i sync both the sent and received emails? when i send emails from my phone or on my computer, my phone displays them on the phone, but only for my gmail account. is there a way to configure this on my hosted account also?

TIA!
    If by spell check you means that after 2 or 3 letters, the phone provides you with some suggestions expecting your word, this is already there in the 9900 and in older versions as a matter of fact.
    Options > Typing and Language > Typing > predictive.
    If you r looking for spell check in your emails then :
    Options > Typing and Language > Spell check > and choose the options you want.

Hope this is what you are looking for.
    10-17-11 03:27 PM
    The spell check on the iPhone, or in my case iPad is what I can't stand about it. The way bb works is so much better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 03:40 PM
    thanks M.Seif. i actually didn't know about the predictive option.

however, i noticed that it doesn't auto-correct the word if you misspell it. i can see how this would bother people, but for me it actually saved a lot of time.
    10-17-11 05:12 PM
    thanks M.Seif. i actually didn't know about the predictive option.

however, i noticed that it doesn't auto-correct the word if you misspell it. i can see how this would bother people, but for me it actually saved a lot of time.
    If you choose the 2nd option I mentioned, it will correct your spelling in the emails before sending but will not auto correct.
    10-17-11 06:18 PM
    yes, but i found it to take more time than just the auto correct. it's fine though, i just thought it would be cool if it had that option.

also, can anyone advise on the email issue? when i send an email with my BB, is there a way to sync it with my computer? i have a hosted account and i am using Mail on my macbook pro.
    10-17-11 08:42 PM
    yes, but i found it to take more time than just the auto correct. it's fine though, i just thought it would be cool if it had that option.

also, can anyone advise on the email issue? when i send an email with my BB, is there a way to sync it with my computer? i have a hosted account and i am using Mail on my macbook pro.
    I will tell you something but I do not know if this is what you mean. You can automatically send yourself a BCC of any email you send fro your mobile. I am doing that and then I have a copy on my email server and on my laptop when I DL my emails. You can do that from email setup.
    10-18-11 06:27 AM
    thats a good idea. i never knew you could auto set that. i will do that from now on. thanks
    10-18-11 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD