Hi,

I just received the BB 9900.

The keyboard and the touch screen are amaizing.

Unlucky I have 2 issues, one mentioned and the other one not sure.
    The first one is about the edge on the plastic covering the buttons and the screen.

The second one is that when the keyboard light is on, I see like one of the dots in the menu button is more intense. Also something similar happens on the back button. I guess some of the leds are not properly aligned.

Anyone else is having this issue?

I like this BB a lot but I am evaluating to request a replacemenet.
    08-25-11 05:11 PM
    Replace.

Go go go.
    08-25-11 05:24 PM
    I've had no issues with mine...both buttons are fine. Maybe, you just received a faulty one? I think this is the best blackberry yet!
    08-25-11 05:58 PM
    I dont think any lighted keyboard has symetrical lighting. Its normal. In a few months the phone will be old and you wont even care. i wouldnt lose sleep over it. If it works fine and all the buttons are lighted fine you are good to go.
    08-25-11 06:14 PM
    As said it here before... please replace your phone ASAP.
    08-25-11 07:05 PM
    Yeah you could live with it by why would you on a $550+tax device.
    bobj66 likes this.
    08-26-11 01:16 AM
    Hi,

I just received the BB 9900.

The keyboard and the touch screen are amaizing.

Unlucky I have 2 issues, one mentioned and the other one not sure.
    The first one is about the edge on the plastic covering the buttons and the screen.

The second one is that when the keyboard light is on, I see like one of the dots in the menu button is more intense. Also something similar happens on the back button. I guess some of the leds are not properly aligned.

Anyone else is having this issue?

I like this BB a lot but I am evaluating to request a replacemenet.
    go for a replacement. you phone has either fallen down from a high point or factory defect. go for a replacement...."sharply"
    08-26-11 01:39 AM
    to be fair my doubt is if this is a design issue or a really faulty mobile. I do not know how the replacement process (CPW) and spend time to realize later the new mobile has the same problem.
    08-27-11 07:09 AM
    Yeah I wondering about the lighting issue. It seems on my keyboard that the left side where the numbers are, are more lighted the rest of the surface.....wasn't sure if this was by design or an actual flaw
    08-27-11 07:40 AM
    It seems like a generally bad design that is VERY vulnerable to inconsistencies. I don't see this changing for the Bold anytime soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    softmack and The_Kills like this.
    08-31-11 07:34 PM
    No problems here, works fine.
    08-31-11 10:47 PM
    I have the 9930 and none of those issues here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 10:54 PM
    I don't have any of those issue either! Sure would like about 3 to 4 more hours out of battery life,but I think we have enough threads talking about that lol.....
    08-31-11 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD