Hello,

Recently I have had a free replacement device given to me under warranty, I am experiencing some issues i have not had with my old device.

Firstly i have only had this device for about a week now and there is a noticeable amount of dust building up underneath the screen which is getting very annoying, i also have a case on the phone which i used for my old Blackberry, and i had no trouble with dust what so ever. I was just wondering if there is any way of getting the dust out? I was considering taking the phone apart and using a can of compressed air to get the dust out..

My other issue i have is the left side shift key is sticking since i got the phone, i have to press down on it hard and it will make a clicking noise and then the button will move as it should, it will be fine after that if i keep pressing it regularly but i leave it for about 30mins it will get stuck again and the next time i press it will make the clicking noise again. It sounds like to me something sticky has been spilt on the device but i can guarantee that i have not spilt any form of liquid onto the device, and this problem has been there since i got the phone brand new from O2.

So i was just wondering if there is any simple fix to these just before i take my phone apart and replace the keyboard, i cant be asked with taking it back to O2 to fix as I have only just got my phone back from them.. lol

Many Thanks.
    06-19-12 08:02 AM
    Hello,

Recently I have had a free replacement device given to me under warranty, I am experiencing some issues i have not had with my old device.

Firstly i have only had this device for about a week now and there is a noticeable amount of dust building up underneath the screen which is getting very annoying, i also have a case on the phone which i used for my old Blackberry, and i had no trouble with dust what so ever. I was just wondering if there is any way of getting the dust out? I was considering taking the phone apart and using a can of compressed air to get the dust out..

My other issue i have is the left side shift key is sticking since i got the phone, i have to press down on it hard and it will make a clicking noise and then the button will move as it should, it will be fine after that if i keep pressing it regularly but i leave it for about 30mins it will get stuck again and the next time i press it will make the clicking noise again. It sounds like to me something sticky has been spilt on the device but i can guarantee that i have not spilt any form of liquid onto the device, and this problem has been there since i got the phone brand new from O2.

So i was just wondering if there is any simple fix to these just before i take my phone apart and replace the keyboard, i cant be asked with taking it back to O2 to fix as I have only just got my phone back from them.. lol

Many Thanks.
    Return it, sounds like you have got a "lemon".
    06-19-12 08:08 AM
    Your replacement device should be replaced. Those issues are covered under warranty and there's no reason you should void that warranty because they gave you a bad device. Get it replaced.
    06-19-12 08:10 AM
    Sounds like they replaced your phone with a used or returned 9900. TAKE IT BACK and test phone before you leave the store
    06-19-12 08:53 AM
    Take it back. The dust problem will only get worse.

Your entitled to a problem free phone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-19-12 08:55 AM
    I didnt know that they could replace your phone with an already used one.. Thats bad!
    06-19-12 08:56 AM
    I didnt know that they could replace your phone with an already used one.. Thats bad!
    When I took my 9900 in on saturday for the space bar issue, they told me outright that it will get replaced with a refurbed unit.

Vodacom in S.A.
    06-19-12 09:12 AM
    Yea they simply replace it with someones old broken phone. Hey "original poster", don't worry man I've been there too. I hate the way carriers send you refurbished phones when you clearly bought it brand new. Its bs. And every model they've sent me has its own unique problem that's wrong with it
    06-19-12 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD