01-30-12 11:49 PM
34 12
tools
    FYI, as we all suspected, I just got the official answer from Blackberry.

"You are unable to remove the second 'To:' field in the Text Message application it automatically appears by design."
    roughout123 likes this.
    01-30-12 12:45 PM
    Hmmm I don't think that's a problem for me, am surprised few people have issues with it
    01-30-12 12:54 PM
    I'll be surprised if it doesn't.

Obviously I've never used a 9930, but we've had 2 'To'fields on the 9900 in every OS7 and 7.1 version since at least .296 which was the OS mine shipped with.
    He's right - when you compose from the SMS message list - you will have 2 "to" fields, but if you hit "C" from the home screen and choose "SMS", you only have one "to" field...and you can't even add the 2nd one in there....it's just so f ~ c k i n g dumb. They should both be identical; there's no valid reason for them not to be...
    01-30-12 12:55 PM
    but if you hit "C" from the home screen and choose "SMS", you only have one "to" field...and you can't even add the 2nd one in there......
    Yes there is one, but once you enter a contact, the second field shows for secondary contact. Just hit enter and it jumps down to text field.
    01-30-12 01:08 PM
    He's right - when you compose from the SMS message list - you will have 2 "to" fields, but if you hit "C" from the home screen and choose "SMS", you only have one "to" field...and you can't even add the 2nd one in there....it's just so f ~ c k i n g dumb. They should both be identical; there's no valid reason for them not to be...
    Just tried that and I still have two name fields. What is so difficult about hitting enter?
    wolfee48 likes this.
    01-30-12 01:10 PM
    Just tried that and I still have two name fields. What is so difficult about hitting enter?
    Exactly, I didn't even notice until this thread. It is what it is.
    01-30-12 01:36 PM
    Hank so when u go into sms and put a contact in urs dosent then add a spot to add a second contact if u want? I know on mine when I first enter the sms it only has 1 but it adds a second as soon as I put the contacts name in.

Never mind, when I choose a contact another field opens up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-30-12 01:56 PM
    I just don't like having to hit the extra enter. It's a nitpick admittedly but after not having to do it for years with all of my previous blackberries, it's a big adjustment. If I want to text something quickly (which is my primary use for the phone), it takes a second longer. I just think it should be a menu option to add a field instead of forced.
    01-30-12 02:44 PM
    As stated previously, just use yer finger! T-A-P
    wolfee48 likes this.
    01-30-12 11:49 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD