Hi all,

I found on ebay a replacment battery for 9900/9930 with 1500mah

I think its from Hong Kong

Did anyone try it? Is it better than the orignal?
    12-25-11 02:11 PM
    i have also found this but dont think this will fit the blackberry 9900 and my old 9800 torch when i bought copy battery did not work only a x on the battery logo
    12-25-11 02:57 PM
    that I am, I bought one last week. As soon as it comes, I'll post the results. Have a bad feeling it won't work. But it was cheap enough to take a shot. Have a Merry!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-11 03:48 PM
    i was just looking up on google and found charging bundle from jm-1 battery great i fink i will try that extra battery with a usb charging
    BlackBerry JM-1 Battery Charging Bundle - UK MOBILE STORE

12-25-11 04:08 PM
    Hi all,

I found on ebay a replacment battery for 9900/9930 with 1500mah

Yes, I'm using it and it is better. Do a search, there are a few long threads about it.
    12-25-11 06:41 PM
    i dont think that would work as copy batteries does not work with the blackberry phones its best to get the blackberry own extra battery charging bundle
    12-26-11 05:12 AM
    The battery came from Hong Kong today and to my utter amazement actually fits and works. You have to follow the simple directions to condition it, which only take a few minutes and then it really does work. According to MeterBerry, it's discharging at 8.8%/hour, which I think is actually less than the RIM standard battery was. It's been running for 11 hours now, has not gotten hot (77* now), nor has it blown up or had smoke coming from it or any other horrific thing. So far, so good. Tomorrow, starting the day with a full charge, I'll be better able to judge whether or not it lasts longer between charges. At this point I think my money was well spent, especially since Seidio seems to be dragging their on building one for us.
    01-01-12 12:42 AM
    The problem with such batteries is that the actual capacity may not be 1500mAh. Difference between a good battery and a lousy battery is the actual capacity. Say there are two batteries with the same advertised capacity. The better battery would be rated at at 90% of its actual capacity while the lousier battery can be down to as little as 60% of its advertised capacity.

- Charles
    01-01-12 01:14 AM
    Are there any apps that measure the battery's capacity (mah)? I see those that measure percentage, voltage and time remaining, but nothing to measure the capacity.

01-01-12 08:57 AM

Oh yes. Cheap knock-offs are always better than OEM and are not in any way dangerous or a false saving.
    01-01-12 10:37 AM
    Ok, so now after two days of monitoring, I can say that it lasts slightly less between charges than the original battery. Plus f you do a reset you have to recondition the battery all over again. This sucks. Why can't Seidio come up with some batteries for us?

AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    01-03-12 01:18 PM
    I'm still using the stock battery, but an extended battery would definetly interest me. What's with all this having to clone it though? I had an extended battery for my Samsung Captivate and cloning didn't even enter my vocabulary.
    01-03-12 02:17 PM
    I gave up today and went back to the original battery. The Hong Kong battery has been lasting less time between charges than the original and having to recondition it after every reset sucks. Just heard that Seidio announced that they were not developing an extended battery for the 9900/9930 and that sucks even more! There has to be a reputable battery maker that can make a quality extended battery for us!
    01-03-12 06:57 PM
    Well, I recently bought a battery from the same source I've been buying batteries from since my 8330, and if it proves to be any good, I'll let you guys know. Typically I buy seidio but this time around it's not from them. I'll let u guys know what happens.
    01-03-12 07:34 PM
    I gave up today and went back to the original battery. The Hong Kong battery has been lasting less time between charges than the original and having to recondition it after every reset sucks. Just heard that Seidio announced that they were not developing an extended battery for the 9900/9930 and that sucks even more! There has to be a reputable battery maker that can make a quality extended battery for us!
    They CAN make a better battery, the problem is with the device. Due to the form of the 9900, it's impossible to have a high capacity battery without changing the back cover. It's expensive and useless. Stop buying the 9900 device, this is what you all should do!
    01-04-12 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD