http://www.megacapacity.com/1238.html
    Is that large capacity battery company a good one? I mean how is their reputation? The size of the battery is the same as the OEM one? I am a bit confused. Anyone here already have a large capacity battery and what brand? Thank you for any input from you guys.

My Bold is almost out of battery at the end of the school day. I go to school at 7am and come home at 10pm everyday. After texting, BBMs from millions of friends plus emails from profs I am out of juice. If anyone knows a large cap batt that works with the original door, please let me know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-11 09:49 AM
    1. That battery is labeled incorrectly, it's not for the 9900/9930 -- others have ordered it and it doesn't fit.

2. No company has an extended battery for the 9900/9930 on the market yet. Nobody.

3. Mugen Power and Seidio are the only two companies with extended batteries for Blackberry devices that are of the quality at least equal to the original OEM batteries.

4. An extended battery will always be over $40-50. The research and development costs dictate so... if you see any extended battery for under $20, it's either crap or flat out fake.
    OniBerry, mssca, llch81 and 1 others like this.
    10-01-11 10:02 AM
    The megacapacity battery does not fit the 9930, I know, I bought one. Like mpscan said, wait for Siedio!

OniBerry and mssca like this.
    10-01-11 01:17 PM
    I ordered one also. After years of using Seido I should have known the price was too good. It arrived and as others have stated it is taller (longer) than the 9900 battery. Completely useless. Oh well, it will make a good paper weight... and serve as a good reminder that if it seems too good to be true it usually is.
    mssca likes this.
    10-01-11 10:27 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I will wait for Siedio battery and their belt clip.

Thanks.

10-01-11 10:34 PM
    1. That battery is labeled incorrectly, it's not for the 9900/9930 -- others have ordered it and it doesn't fit.

2. No company has an extended battery for the 9900/9930 on the market yet. Nobody.

3. Mugen Power and Seidio are the only two companies with extended batteries for Blackberry devices that are of the quality at least equal to the original OEM batteries.

4. An extended battery will always be over $40-50. The research and development costs dictate so... if you see any extended battery for under $20, it's either crap or flat out fake.
    To add to ur #3... Momax also makes really good "smart" batteries... Can't wait until theirs comes out

10-02-11 12:03 AM
    11-17-11 10:11 PM
    After converting that into US dollars, it comes out to about $30. Is it legit? A real 1400 mAh battery?
    11-17-11 10:54 PM
    I've written an email to Seidio for a request to be sent to the development team for a JM-1 extended battery substitute. Just by making an extended battery with the JM-1 footprint and size, they would have captured the market on SEVEN, yes SEVEN Blackberry devices. If that isn't a good reason for them to develop a battery, I don't know what is. The following models use the same JM-1 battery:

Bold 9900
    Bold 9930
    Torch 9850
    Torch 9860
    Bold 9790
    Curve 9380
    Porsche 9981
    11-17-11 11:20 PM
    Seidio has already said on their Facebook page they are not developing a battery for the 99xx.
    11-17-11 11:26 PM
    Seidio has already said on their Facebook page they are not developing a battery for the 99xx.
    Don't think so, posted a few days ago:

"No worries, it has not yet been determined whether we'll make extended batteries for the 9900/9930. Please check back at a later time and if anything changes on our end, we'll update everyone on FB!"
    11-17-11 11:32 PM
    Don't think so, posted a few days ago:

"No worries, it has not yet been determined whether we'll make extended batteries for the 9900/9930. Please check back at a later time and if anything changes on our end, we'll update everyone on FB!"

They've been saying the same thing for months... don't count on one.
    11-17-11 11:51 PM
    After converting that into US dollars, it comes out to about $30. Is it legit? A real 1400 mAh battery?
    Well, the brand is quite well known in Asia.

and the Original BlackBerry JM-1 cost $30 as well.
    11-18-11 12:23 AM
    Threres also an extended JM1 battery in my country
    I sell them,
    The brand is Watson, its quite popular here as they give us 1 year 1to1 exchange
    And they claimed that their JM1 is 1500 Mah,
    I've tried my self that I can average about 10%-15% more battery life.
    But the problem is that in newer Blacberries, you must "clone" any 3rd party battery with your original battery first before you can use it.
    I don't know wheter this will give us problems in the long run or not.

Anyway this watson brand is quite cheap here, it cost around US$30 with the cloning device included

11-18-11 03:07 AM
    What about a portable power pack? Then you can recharge (probably only once) in the middle of the day. This Motorola product looks quite compact and only weighs about 60 grams (2 ounces).
    Amazon.com: Motorola Universal Dual-Charging Portable Power Pack (Black, Retail Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories
    11-18-11 03:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD