I'm only surprised because I haven't seen anyone else b!tch about this in this forum yet. Is there any way around this? Before I added the plan my browser redirected me to a t-mo flash page telling me to signup for tethering service.
    12-01-11 11:43 AM
    i was wondering if the Tether app will work with this and get away from the monthly tethering fee...

However, i read in another thread that the Tether app does not seem to work properly...
    12-01-11 12:37 PM
    So let me get this straight, you installed OS 7.1 and when you used the wifi hotspot, thats the message you received?

If so then thats a good thing, it means Tmo can tell where the data is coming from. And they could have let you use it and charged you insane overage charges
    12-01-11 04:31 PM
    i was wondering if the Tether app will work with this and get away from the monthly tethering fee...

However, i read in another thread that the Tether app does not seem to work properly...
    If the app works properly it will get around it, because they redirect all their traffic.
    12-01-11 04:41 PM
    I'd like to know also. With the 7.1 leak I was using Hotspot just fine, but today it's not working, but I don't get redirected at all either.

EDIT: Turning off all connections and restored them and now I can use Mobile hotspot again!!

Edit 2: I can get Hotspot to enable, but I can't actually get a data connection once connected to it from my laptop. I also have to disable and restore the connections each time to be able to get Hotspot activated. Something's going on here...
    Last edited by bryanus; 12-01-11 at 05:20 PM.
    12-01-11 04:43 PM
    It's that cheap? Wow.
    12-01-11 05:24 PM
    Occupy TMo!!!
    12-01-11 06:05 PM
    I'm actually a T-mobile user and I have my 9900 on OS 7.1 and my data plan is unlimited data with 2 GB of high speed data which slows down after 2 GB is used but is still unlimited. I called and checked to make sure no overage would be on my account and they said that unlimited means unlimited so no matter even if I use my phone for mobile hot-spot, my plan will still be the same.
    12-01-11 09:32 PM
    Either your settings must be off or something must be up with your phone for it to give you that message, I set up mine and helped my friend set up his 9900 as well and we both just sign in with epc.tmobile.com and use the hot-spot option fluidly without having to add anything else.
    12-01-11 09:34 PM
    Do you T-Mo users that have loaded 7.1 get UMA (or wifi calling)?

Many thanks.
    12-01-11 10:08 PM
    Yes we do have UMA (wi-fi calling).
    12-01-11 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD