I've now had my Bold for 10 days.

I love everything about the 9930, except the battery life. However, relatively speaking when compared to current 1+ghz smartphones the battery is fair.

I actually don't mind the sacrifice of a little battery life for less weight and slimness. I will also gladly trade some speedy processing for less hourglass! I won't judge the 99xx based on previous BB battery standards. Although it's tough not to.

The keyboard has allowed me to type quicker than I ever have since I retired my 8330 2.5 years ago. That was the last full-qwerty BB that I really enjoyed using. I place the SureType models in a different category NOBODY on a touch screen can beat us BB addicts with our physical keyboards.

Although I enjoy the simplicity and efficiency of BB, I can still see why competing smartphones have more-compelling offers. Multimedia and web browsing on BBs still lag behind the competition, while the consumer market craves for that experience. But things will only get better, because they have.

Meanwhile: for us who crave being connected, BlackBerry is still the way to go. After all, I carry a cell phone for communication.
    08-30-11 02:04 AM
    Good post, but I still don't understand how a lot of you folks are having battery issues. Mine could pretty much last the whole day and I am somewhat of a heavy user.
    08-30-11 05:15 AM
    Good post, but I still don't understand how a lot of you folks are having battery issues. Mine could pretty much last the whole day and I am somewhat of a heavy user.
    I'm with you. Mine will easily last all day and I do a lot of talking over bluetooth, email, BBM, and some light browsing.
    08-30-11 05:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD