Hello,

I work at an ad agency as a creative and I my life line is now most certainly emails.

Currently, I work off of an iPhone 4 (on Verizon) and it definitely doesn't push any of my mails unless I setup an exchange server (which I don't have) or setup a secondary gmail account, then proceed to add a google sync'd account, forward the mail from my work email server to the newly made gmail account, begin getting pushed emails and review them under the newly made gmail account mail box, go back to my work account to reply and feel the desire to hang myself. lmao

*takes a breather* My simple question is as follows;

Does the Blackberry take care of incoming emails for you, so you don't have to manually check your inbox. Does it alert you of an incoming email in real-time or does it only check every 5-15-30minute intervals? (My iPhone 4 has the ole' 15-30minutes check intervals but sometimes 15 minutes is far too late.)

Thanks in advance for the help, I greatly appreciate it.
    08-18-11 12:14 AM
    BB definitely pushes your email in realtime as far as I know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    exoseer likes this.
    08-18-11 12:16 AM
    oh boy. If this can be confirmed, i'll be firing up the ole' eBay and packing this iPhone 4 so it can go to a good home lol
    08-18-11 12:22 AM
    Yes and YES BB is the most Powerful Device when it comes to Email !
    and it take a couple of sec to set up you email account
    After that you don't have to worry about cheeking you mail box so often all you mails will be pushed and you get a notification of your email right on the home screen.
    I love this future BB have.

Here is the 101 how to setup email.
    http://crackberry.com/setting-email-...rry-smartphone
    Last edited by UnknownError507; 08-18-11 at 12:28 AM.
    08-18-11 12:24 AM
    I receive my email on my BB before my computer, always!

08-18-11 12:28 AM
    Man, you just made a 25 year old male get all giddy like a school girl, and realize that he'll never be late to work email replies EVER again.

Thank you both for clarifying that for me.

After watching the 9930 Verizon review of the phone, I'm very happy to see they finally produced a product that runs visually smooth just like the iPhone's always have. Not even Android runs visually as smooth, there's still some chop and "low framerate" issues when moving through menus etc. Very excited to take a trip to my Verizon store and see what I an do very soon... the only thing is, since I'm a new Verizon customer, I'm gonna have to pay retail right off the bat lol
    08-18-11 12:29 AM
    The email on my blackberry is fantastic. It receives the email even faster than my cpu. I was on my yahoo and gmail accounts on my computer. My blackberry gets the email faster than the actual computer lol..
    08-18-11 12:29 AM
    Lol that's outstanding. Now what about email accounts outside of yahoo and gmail?

For instance, the server my work uses for both in and out is mail.companyurl.com

Would that still work just like the gmail and yahoo?
    08-18-11 12:33 AM
    Just be careful of the fact that bb receives mails only under 3mb of size. if you don't receive large attachments, then bb is definitely the way to go

I heard rumors though, that during the fall there will be a BIS update that will support 10mb email size

08-18-11 12:34 AM
    Lol that's outstanding. Now what about email accounts outside of yahoo and gmail?

For instance, the server my work uses for both in and out is mail.companyurl.com

look up on one of my post you have a link there for how to set up you email.
    08-18-11 12:36 AM
    Just be careful of the fact that bb receives mails only under 3mb of size. if you don't receive large attachments, then bb is definitely the way to go

I heard rumors though, that during the fall there will be a BIS update that will support 10mb email size

Thank you, that's great to know. As of right now, we tend to send PDF's to clients very often, and to one another as well which all seem to be around the 1-2mb mark. An update to 10mb max size sounds absolutely perfect and I hope that becomes true.
    08-18-11 12:37 AM

Yes. My personal email from my Internet provider is pushed just like Yahoo, Gmail, or Hotmail.
    08-18-11 12:37 AM
    Yes. My personal email from my Internet provider is pushed just like Yahoo, Gmail, or Hotmail.
    Well that's amazing and great information! Thank you for clarifying that for me.
    08-18-11 12:40 AM
    If your company uses a pop account you could simply set up a pop account on the iphone. You would just have to cc yourself each time to respond to email to keep a copy. That's how I've set up everyone on an iphone at the company I work for ( except for those on our exchange ).

Email is one thing the blackberry does better than any other phone out there.
    08-18-11 12:55 AM
    I have my own domain and it even pushes that email to my BB which I could not setup on the Droid 3 I bought last month. Never should've left BB. The only app I really with BB would get is an Onstar app.
    08-18-11 12:59 AM
    After having an iPhone and a blackberry, if you have BIS I think my iPhone actually received the emails a second or so earlier. That being said, the notifications on a bb are much better. Of course ymmv
    08-18-11 01:03 AM
    If you can POP your company email it's a very simple setup to get it pushed to your BB. If not you just need to get the right info, server address, mail box name etc. to set it up.
    08-18-11 01:03 AM
    An iphone has no problem with a pop or imap email account - if you don't have an exchange just pop it to yer iphone.
    08-18-11 01:11 AM
    oh boy. If this can be confirmed, i'll be firing up the ole' eBay and packing this iPhone 4 so it can go to a good home lol
    How much you selling for? My wife likes apple

08-18-11 01:15 AM
    I always get emails on my blackberry before they reach my inbox at work, by maybe 3 to 4 seconds.
    diegonei likes this.
    08-18-11 01:21 AM
    Every email account set up to BIS is push, some will have a 10-15 minute delay but the delay happens at the server and when the server gets it, it will push it to your blackberry.

There is no way of checking emails on a BB, they come to you

You can have up to 10 email accounts set up and an extra one that will only exist on your BB, it can't be checked online or on a PC, just on your BB.

08-18-11 01:27 AM
    Well you could check your emails through your Browser in your mail account, but that destroys the idea of Push lol.

Also you can select which emails you want pushed and customize it to your own liking.

Setting up a new email is quick as others have said, but the server will take approximately 20 minutes until you can start getting your emails pushed.
    08-18-11 01:32 AM
    If your company uses a pop account you could simply set up a pop account on the iphone. You would just have to cc yourself each time to respond to email to keep a copy. That's how I've set up everyone on an iphone at the company I work for ( except for those on our exchange ).

Email is one thing the blackberry does better than any other phone out there.
    Yeah I was trying that for a bit and it just wasn't what I needed. I felt like I was being cheated, such an expensive device, desired by many yet it can't function properly for a graphic designer in the advertising world that doesn't own an exchange server haha.
    08-18-11 01:34 AM
    A pretty important feature in BB emails is the ability to set filters. Want to stop emails from a particular email address to be sent to your BB? No problem, takes about 60 seconds.

Emails marked as Spam in your PC will not be sent to your BB by default.

08-18-11 01:38 AM
    How much you selling for? My wife likes apple

Firstly, I'm floored at the support I'm receiving right now, thank you all so much for your help!

To answer your question twelvezero8, I'm browsing eBay and they go used (16gb mind you) anywhere between 200-275 dollars. I do own my box, and all the original accessories, plus it has the invisishield on the front, but I kept it out of a case since I had the 15 dollars a month protection from Best Buy Mobile... though I can honestly say it's in great condition.
    08-18-11 01:39 AM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD