Given the lack of Theme Builder, is it just layout and icons you are currently able to change?

I just want the default theme, with 5 calendar entries (as I did with my beloved 9700)!!!
    12-23-11 07:48 AM
    You can download Fancy Widgets which allows you to put a today screen on your device. And you can get the free/trial version (which allows for the use of two widgets only), and just activate the calendar widget and wallpaper widget.

BUT, I've been working with some devs as a tester and there is some progress into more advanced themes than just icon and banner changes. Today themes may be coming soon.
    TESTNULLUSER and nololos like this.
    12-23-11 11:16 AM
    You can download Fancy Widgets which allows you to put a today screen on your device. And you can get the free/trial version (which allows for the use of two widgets only), and just activate the calendar widget and wallpaper widget.

BUT, I've been working with some devs as a tester and there is some progress into more advanced themes than just icon and banner changes. Today themes may be coming soon.
    Thanks, that's encouraging.

Currently have widgets and de today. Would prefer the stock OS theme with just the today - I prefer the look plus I it'll be one less app to affect the battery )

Fingers cross the devs and you sort it soon!
    12-24-11 12:08 PM

I can be a beta tester if you need. Waiting for the good classic today theme !!!
    01-13-12 08:27 PM
    I doubt you'll even need a today theme if you happen to have an OS 7 device. If you tap/click on the status bar it drops down and shows you the calendar entries you have and all that jazz. To be honest, I personally don't see a problem with the stock theme, but then again we are all different, and like different things, right? lol
    01-26-12 02:43 AM
    Why Tapping here and there to show something that we use to have ALL THE TIME showing the main screen? Going backward is what happen when you get a newer Blackberry phone... so bad...
    Precision Zen Theme is what we need for 9900 like on the previous version... removing functionnality is NOT going forward...
    01-31-12 12:33 PM
    any news?
    02-17-12 10:27 AM
    I happen to also use and NEED the "fixed" Calendar; However, thanks to "Fancy Widgets", I have everything I need. The customization is MUCH further ahead, as YOU decide How Many Dates are shown, YOU decide the Font and Font Size, AND You decide where to position it on your screen!
    So to say that the technology has gone "backwards" is 100% Incorrect....

-JoeyLee*
    02-17-12 10:54 AM
    I happen to also use and NEED the "fixed" Calendar; However, thanks to "Fancy Widgets", I have everything I need. The customization is MUCH further ahead, as YOU decide How Many Dates are shown, YOU decide the Font and Font Size, AND You decide where to position it on your screen!
    So to say that the technology has gone "backwards" is 100% Incorrect....

-JoeyLee*
    im gonna disagree and argue that many features of BB7 go backwards in time. the lack of the precision zen theme is absolutely ridiculous, they should not be forcing users to a new UI, i personally absolutely abhor the pages, as i find it confusing and dont like how things end up as doubles (why do i need a media folder if i have a media page etc). this is just my opinion of course, but i see no reason that RIM couldnt have included the pages view as a theme for those who want to use it, and include the precision zen theme as well for those who prefer the look of OS5 such as myself. additionally, i see no reason they couldnt have taken it a step further and included a hidden today feature as well (my favorite 3rd party theme feature and what i miss most about not having an official theme builder for BB7). Another aspect that goes back in time is of course the non-AF camera, the "new" round LED, battery life etc but thats unrelated, as this is a conversation about themes. the point is, there are some key features i loved from my bold 9650 that just arent an option on my 9930, which left a bitter taste in my mouth and is why i bought an iphone4s. i switch back to the 9930 periodically, but it never lasts long because the UI bothers me so much. its nice having some themes available now, but until we get a real theme builder its never going to solve all the issues it suffers from now. to each their own though, i know some people love the new layout...one of my fav aspects of os5 was its simplicity, paired with a Hidden today theme, it was a perfect communications device...now if only it had a touch screen and the 9930s keyboard..
    02-17-12 08:23 PM
    So, disagree then.
    02-20-12 08:26 AM
    im gonna disagree and argue that many features of BB7 go backwards in time. the lack of the precision zen theme is absolutely ridiculous, they should not be forcing users to a new UI, i personally absolutely abhor the pages, as i find it confusing and dont like how things end up as doubles (why do i need a media folder if i have a media page etc). this is just my opinion of course, but i see no reason that RIM couldnt have included the pages view as a theme for those who want to use it, and include the precision zen theme as well for those who prefer the look of OS5 such as myself. additionally, i see no reason they couldnt have taken it a step further and included a hidden today feature as well (my favorite 3rd party theme feature and what i miss most about not having an official theme builder for BB7). Another aspect that goes back in time is of course the non-AF camera, the "new" round LED, battery life etc but thats unrelated, as this is a conversation about themes. the point is, there are some key features i loved from my bold 9650 that just arent an option on my 9930, which left a bitter taste in my mouth and is why i bought an iphone4s. i switch back to the 9930 periodically, but it never lasts long because the UI bothers me so much. its nice having some themes available now, but until we get a real theme builder its never going to solve all the issues it suffers from now. to each their own though, i know some people love the new layout...one of my fav aspects of os5 was its simplicity, paired with a Hidden today theme, it was a perfect communications device
    I have to agree, I so miss good old Precision Zen.
    DarshOne and nololos like this.
    02-20-12 03:22 PM
    im gonna disagree and argue that many features of BB7 go backwards in time. the lack of the precision zen theme is absolutely ridiculous, they should not be forcing users to a new UI, i personally absolutely abhor the pages, as i find it confusing and dont like how things end up as doubles (why do i need a media folder if i have a media page etc). this is just my opinion of course, but i see no reason that RIM couldnt have included the pages view as a theme for those who want to use it, and include the precision zen theme as well for those who prefer the look of OS5 such as myself. additionally, i see no reason they couldnt have taken it a step further and included a hidden today feature as well (my favorite 3rd party theme feature and what i miss most about not having an official theme builder for BB7). Another aspect that goes back in time is of course the non-AF camera, the "new" round LED, battery life etc but thats unrelated, as this is a conversation about themes. the point is, there are some key features i loved from my bold 9650 that just arent an option on my 9930, which left a bitter taste in my mouth and is why i bought an iphone4s. i switch back to the 9930 periodically, but it never lasts long because the UI bothers me so much. its nice having some themes available now, but until we get a real theme builder its never going to solve all the issues it suffers from now. to each their own though, i know some people love the new layout...one of my fav aspects of os5 was its simplicity, paired with a Hidden today theme, it was a perfect communications device...now if only it had a touch screen and the 9930s keyboard..
    I agree big time. I've been using Fancy Widgets and it's pretty good. But a Today Theme is better. Today theme is "live" or interactive so it brings functionality to the homescreen. Fancy Widgets displays calendar but not recent emails. And you can't launch calendar or email directly from the homescreen.

RIM really screwed this up. I still love my 9930 but it could be many times better with custom themes.
    02-28-12 06:57 PM
    any news? any good classic today/calendar theme for OS7 devices?
    I can see now a crazy one: Buy EGFOX HD Theme (Today Plus) - Download EGFOX HD Theme (Today Plus) - Buy Themes from BlackBerry App World i'm not sure if it's true today OS7 or just wrong info/work arrounds like Fancy Widgets etc.
    03-31-12 03:06 PM
    i personally absolutely abhor the pages, as i find it confusing and dont like how things end up as doubles (why do i need a media folder if i have a media page etc).
    i feel the same way about some of the doubles, but you do realise you can edit which `pages` are showing? thats what i did and its miles easier

as for non OS7 UI themes, sure people can make them, but sadly because theres no TB7 you wont be able to see the items inside your folders this for many devs is a dealbreaker.
    03-31-12 06:53 PM
    I'm new to the Bold Touch 9930 and downloaded Fancy Widgets to I can add the today screen. All in all, I'm pleased, but any idea how to change the background from black? I can change the widget's color, but the whole background is black regardless.
    10-12-12 08:59 PM
    What's the need for a Today theme when there is a drop down menu which has calendar events,texts,emails and other app notifications? I like the fact that i can hide it whenever i want as well.
    10-14-12 12:39 PM
    What's the need for a Today theme when there is a drop down menu which has calendar events,texts,emails and other app notifications? I like the fact that i can hide it whenever i want as well.
    The drop down menu is very good, but the Today Theme is even better. No button pushes at all. I take my blackberry out of holster on average every 20 seconds to see what's next. I like to see the information how I want to see it. Not how RIM wants to display it. So with the today screen, i used to be able to have 8 icons with next 3 appointments and latest 3 emails.
    10-14-12 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD