This has nothing to do with entering my password incorrectly.

I just woke up to find that my blackberry 9930 has completely reset itself, default screen, no contacts, and its asking me to create a new password. Factory reset.

Everything was as normal when I put it to sleep last night. Now I wake up and I'm shocked to find that everything is gone. DELETED. Please help me.

Background: I have an unlocked phone from Verizon that a friend gave me. But I now use it on T-Mobile, shouldnt be a problem. When I first received the phone I had this same reset issue only when I was swapping SIM cards, but I haven't touched my SIM card for over a month now. Back then I spoke with Verizon and Blackberry support at length, with both being unable to help. Somehow I was able to "stabilize" the phone, it no longer reset itself and I thought the problem was in the past.

What would cause this serious error? I'm so angry, I could not have happened at a worst time. I dont want to go through customer support with Verizon again because that was a horrible ordeal I had to experience before!! I'm so close to selling this stupid thing/ suing Blackberry. Please help!!
    03-13-15 08:21 AM
    Sounds suspicious. I don't think a verzion phone would work very well on tmo but whatever. Someone snuck in your room and entered the wrong password 10 times trying to see who you have been talking to.
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    03-13-15 08:34 AM
    I dont live with anyone, so thats not possible. I find it hard to believe that is has anything to do with the carriers...the phone is unlocked.
    03-13-15 01:18 PM
    Hi I just wanted to come back with an update. I SOLVED the issue! After doing hours of research and crying I was able to figure out that the phone I had acquired was still linked to Blackberry Enterprise Service (BES) and my issues such as 5 password attempts instead of 10, wiping itself after changing SIM cards, and just wiping randomly were all related to the BES IT Policy still remaining on the phone. If this happens to anyone else, please google these directions to completely wipe the device including the IT Policy: How to reset the Blackberry smartphone to factory defaults. Its a Knowledge Base article on the Blackberry site (sorry I can't post links)

This allowed me to truly start afresh and I have had no issues to date.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-14-15 11:04 PM