hi

can you recomend me any good Themes for 9900 where the menu is on left please?
    thank you
    03-21-12 05:51 PM
    You're going to need to be more specific...

Isn't the menu (when you press the menu/BB button) on the left by default?
    03-21-12 05:59 PM
    no its on the bottom, and when u press it comes the hole menu itto the homescreen

i am looking for a theme that insted the menu with its (6 icons) that stays on bottom of the phone to be on the left of the phone...
    03-21-12 06:19 PM
    Do you mean a zen layout?
    03-21-12 06:35 PM
    i havent seen zen layout, is there an image to show?
    03-21-12 06:37 PM
    Could you be more specific
    03-22-12 12:15 AM
    the OP is struggling becuase they clearly dont waste time on CB forums like we do.

no there is no theme for the 9930 or 9900 that has 6icons on the left side instead of a bottom dock. in case u havent noticed BB OS7.x is much different than OS4.x which was the last software version to include that theme.

since RIM is intent on failing at most every task, and seems to enjoy dissapointing its customers, they decided to release the 99xx with no theme builder support, no default theme choice, hardly any application support (starting to get better but still pitiful when next to competition), a smaller battery, awful camera and no time frame for the release of theme builder or even a mention that they decided to drop one of the previously most popular features on a blackberry, and certainly my favorite aspect until uproar on the internet, to which they replied they "cant make theme builder work with the liquid graphics engine". clearly this is just a PR excuse for "were so out of touch we didnt even think of themes as we struggled and rushed the production and launch of the device that we could have been working on for the past 5 yrs but decided not to."

obviously the liquid graphics engine can be themed as the stock BBOS UI is none other than...A THEME. or how about the fact that RIM releaseed that hideous failure of a sleek design by porshe with none other than?? a custom theme.

RIM can do it, amateurs can do it, but apparently those "amazing" (read: laughable) "liquid graphics" cant handle theme builder. os 4.x-6.x? sure theme all you want! o u want to buy the most expensive underperfoming blackberry to date (99XX)? no sorry youre not allowed to make themes, cuz it cant handle it.. #FAIL

people are getting around the lack of theme builder by hand editing/coding over the default theme i believe, but im not tottally sure. i just know that its unofficial (even tho RIM put a "theme" section for os7 in app world..still not sure why since they clearly see the demand for themes, and are allowing people to make them, they just dont seem to have any interest in bringing the official tools to do so.)

seems to me like bbos is long dead as all RIM cares about now is trying to play catch up with the playbook before they attempt to play catch up again when BB10 drops in a few years or so (i assume it will be delayed just like every RIM launch).

im pretty dissappoined cuz i loved my 9650 in it hayday, but its pretty sad that 2 years later i plopped down 300$ for my 9930 that had and still has literally like half the functionality of my 9650..

99XX keyboard is the best known to man. everyhing else, literally everyhing else sucks.
    Last edited by DarshOne; 03-22-12 at 02:45 AM.
    anon2100101 likes this.
    03-22-12 02:36 AM
    Seems as though DarshOne needs a ninja star used on them...
    03-22-12 03:11 PM
    DarshOne....Breath!!!! I hope that made you feel better, because just reading it made me feel better!!!
    03-22-12 03:29 PM
    i havent seen zen layout, is there an image to show?
    03-22-12 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD