Yesterday RIM released the themes category in App World and this lead me to experiment with some downloads as I was a huge theme downloader when I still used my 9780 - and was very excited to do the same on my 9900.
    I installed two themes and activated them, then did a restart to make sure all of the icons would skin properly (if possible) however the issue raised when I tried to go back to the default OS 7 look (theme). Downloading themes seems to remove the default theme making it impossible to return back to what the device is designed to look like; the way I found to fix this was to delete all of the themes I had downloaded directly from App World.
    Doing the delete of the themes and restarting the device made my original theme come back - but it is still an extraordinarily painful glitch. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can theme experiment and switch back when I need to?
    Also - why do these themes always pull out strange icons that are normally not visible on the device - such as a second music, pictures, and video icon (without the graphically designed icon), as well as a search icon - and a few other ones.
    Thanks for the help all!
    02-01-12 12:15 PM
    Yesterday RIM released the themes category in App World and this lead me to experiment with some downloads as I was a huge theme downloader when I still used my 9780 - and was very excited to do the same on my 9900.
    I installed two themes and activated them, then did a restart to make sure all of the icons would skin properly (if possible) however the issue raised when I tried to go back to the default OS 7 look (theme). Downloading themes seems to remove the default theme making it impossible to return back to what the device is designed to look like; the way I found to fix this was to delete all of the themes I had downloaded directly from App World.
    Doing the delete of the themes and restarting the device made my original theme come back - but it is still an extraordinarily painful glitch. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can theme experiment and switch back when I need to?
    Also - why do these themes always pull out strange icons that are normally not visible on the device - such as a second music, pictures, and video icon (without the graphically designed icon), as well as a search icon - and a few other ones.
    Thanks for the help all!
    Ive noted this effect of "overwriting" the default theme ONLY in context with the offered so called Porsche-Theme (Bold9981). I dont know why, but this Porsche theme seems to be replace the preinstalled default theme. Nevertheless- after deleting the Porsche theme the default theme appears again... All the other themes Ive had downloaded until now (f.ex. Mini banner -free at CB-; Reduce9900; Seven Point Five) doesnt harm anything and are listed correctly in my themelist. I can switch and change them as I like... Reduce9900 and Seven Point Five (BTW: really awesome themes!) are downloaded @ appworld- theres no glitch... Maybe an another softwareproblem (in the row of a loooooong list) with the OS7...
    02-02-12 01:09 AM
    I have the same problem, i have downloaded the Porsche P'9981 Theme, and lost my original default blackberry OS7 theme, All thought the P'9981 is the only theme i have downloaded I cannot seem to delete it, in order to get the default back! If anyone can help me with this issue, please post or message me!
    02-06-12 12:52 AM
    Correction I have found the fix, simply search Application Management into your device and look through the list until you find your theme ex. P'9981 Theme and highlight > blackberry menu button > delete. I have done this and have my original default theme back!
    02-06-12 12:56 AM
    I have the same problem, i have downloaded the Porsche P'9981 Theme, and lost my original default blackberry OS7 theme, All thought the P'9981 is the only theme i have downloaded I cannot seem to delete it, in order to get the default back! If anyone can help me with this issue, please post or message me!
    Normaly you can manage your themes in the theme-list you will find under setup/options and screen (Date/clock/theme/etc.) But you cant delete the porsche theme from this place.
    You have to go to setup/options- Device- Management Apps. There will you be able to delete the porsceh theme. The dafault theme will appear automaticly... (Sorry for the wrong men-terms- I use a german men and have tried to translate the german items useful)
    02-06-12 01:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD