If any of you downloaded the recent theme that was leaked out to use cb users, yes, the porsche theme for the bb 9900/9930 you might have noticed that the theme file replaces your current os7 original theme and puts the porsche one as the main theme. Have any of you had this problem? If so, if there a fix around to this? I've thought up of an idea such as reinstalling the os7 software again and this maybe should fix the problem? Any ideas people?
    01-05-12 11:24 AM
    Yes you'll have to reload the OS to get rid of the Porsche theme.
    01-05-12 11:35 AM
    It's not a problem, it's a well known fact.

If you want to return to the default theme, go to Application Management and delete the Porsche theme from the list.
    01-05-12 11:36 AM
    Yes you'll have to reload the OS to get rid of the Porsche theme.
    Not necessary, just delete it.
    01-05-12 11:37 AM
    Not necessary, just delete it.
    Got it... thought I read that somewhere.
    01-05-12 12:57 PM
    options>display>screen display>theme

delete the one you don't want
    01-13-12 03:16 PM
    If any of you downloaded the recent theme that was leaked out to use cb users, yes, the porsche theme for the bb 9900/9930 you might have noticed that the theme file replaces your current os7 original theme and puts the porsche one as the main theme. Have any of you had this problem? If so, if there a fix around to this? I've thought up of an idea such as reinstalling the os7 software again and this maybe should fix the problem? Any ideas people?
    Ive purchased the premium-version of the Porsche-theme... it looks and works awesome, exacly like the default theme.
    It overwrites the preinstalled default-theme, but it doesnt delete anything.

I handle it in this way (cause I cant decide which theme I prefer and I want be able to switch between both themes):

After installing and activation (by selection OR reseting by press alt/right shift/del) you can decide to "recover" and reinstall the default theme. Go to application administration and delete the porsche theme. You will be invited to restart the device... The default theme will appear automaticly and will be reinstalled.

To get the deleted Porsche-Theme back, I have stored the link to "My apps" in "My account" at CB (where my purchased themes are registered) under the "smart tag" app.

Its easy to open the link, to login, to download and install the Porsche-theme again...

It needs just a little bit more effort to "switch" between both themes, but it seems to be a uncomplicated and safe way...

01-14-12 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD