Twice I have tried to use an earbud with MIC attached to my Olympus Digital Voice Recorder. It's designed to record telephone conversations. Twice my Blackberry Bold crashed. I don't get it since nothing attaches to the Blackberry. I called the first person back and was able to record just fine after that. But the same thing happened when I attempted to use it for a 2nd interview.

I do interviews for work. I can't have this happening. AT&T was useless. Olympus says it's not them. And I'm left holding the bag.
    08-04-14 12:27 PM
    earbud with MIC attached to my Olympus Digital Voice Recorder. ... Twice my Blackberry Bold crashed. I don't get it since nothing attaches to the Blackberry.
    You said it for yourself, nothing attaches to the phone so it is difficult to understand how a software crash could be caused. Unless you believe in things that go bump in the dark you should consider this to be coincidence and make more tests with a willing and cooperative call recipient. So far you have 2 failure events followed by success, which is hardly conclusive evidence for anything.
    08-04-14 01:01 PM
    Well the crashes have a better batting average than my success at getting help with this problem. ;-)
    08-06-14 09:49 AM