Maybe I'm paranoid but I just installed it and I feel like battery is already draining. Does anybody else experience significant drain that he/she has pinpointed to this theme? Was anybody able to fix the problem?

And how many of you reverted to a different theme because of the battery drain?

I really love this theme and would love to stick with it!
    04-15-12 06:28 PM
    Maybe I'm paranoid but I just installed it and I feel like battery is already draining. Does anybody else experience significant drain that he/she has pinpointed to this theme? Was anybody able to fix the problem?

I was concerned about battery life with this theme. I've had it for over a week and haven't noticed any difference.....for now I'm sticking with it.
    04-15-12 06:35 PM
    if it was good for a week, i'd be happy to conclude that it does not adversely affect battery life. Did you run device analyzer with the banner? I'm curious to know what percentage it was taking up so I can compare mine.
    04-15-12 06:36 PM
    Hahah i hope for you that you don't constantly keep looking at the lovely moving mini banner!
    If that's so it can drain the battery a little by a little. Funny part that i just switched back to this theme today lol.
    04-15-12 06:38 PM
    if it was good for a week, i'd be happy to conclude that it does not adversely affect battery life. Did you run device analyzer with the banner? I'm curious to know what percentage it was taking up so I can compare mine.
    I don't use device analyzer. Maybe with that we may see a difference. The theme seems to be very popular so I'm sure someone else has some input with the DA.
    04-15-12 06:39 PM
    yes whoever is out there that may have done tests with the device analyzer, please give me your input!
    04-15-12 06:41 PM
    Does this issue really merit its OWN THREAD?

Seriously...

The svg...not gif...only runs when the homescreen is ON...not when screen is dimmed, not while inside of an app...on the homescreen...

Version 3.0 even gives the option to TURN IT OFF...the animation, not the homescreen

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-15-12 06:50 PM

Rest easy lil buddy...been running this theme non-STOP since v0.0.1...

It doesn't get much more stable than this...

04-15-12 07:15 PM
    Does this issue really merit its OWN THREAD?

Seriously...

The svg...not gif...only runs when the homescreen is ON...not when screen is dimmed, not while inside of an app...on the homescreen...

Version 3.0 even gives the option to TURN IT OFF...the animation, not the homescreen

how do i upgrade to version 3.0?
    04-15-12 08:45 PM
    I assume he is still working on it. I took a peep @ here though. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ucky45-701237/
    04-15-12 08:49 PM
    I've been monitoring my battery over the last 3 hours and indeed I believe everything is ok. Still averaging below 3% per hour. Yay! this theme is a keeper!
    04-15-12 11:45 PM

I got the exam same feeling, so I came back to the native OS 7 thème... Sad cause I found the mini banner so much customized, the design of icons, the fonts... Actually, is there a way to change the color of the banner ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-17-12 02:41 AM
    I got the exam same feeling, so I came back to the native OS 7 th�me... Sad cause I found the mini banner so much customized, the design of icons, the fonts... Actually, is there a way to change the color of the banner ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I don't really know how to customize it and I'm happy with the way it is for me. Also, there was very minimal battery life drain for me. I've been measuring with device analyzer and whereas before I had around 2.9% drain throughout a day on average, I now experience 3.5%. I did make more phone calls but this additional drain is still good enough for me. Hope this might ease your worries.
    04-17-12 12:01 PM
    I use the mini banner live 2.0 with 9860..
    I guess it's the same with 9900..
    For battery drain, I didin't notice it.. If there was any battery drain, maybe just a bit..
    What I notice is mini banner slow down the phone performance..

In my experience, scrolling isn't as smooth as before..
    Can anyone confirm this? Try to scroll rapidly and fast between the homescreen..
    CMIIW..
    04-17-12 11:52 PM
    No problems here with scrolling on the mini banner live theme on the homescreen.
    04-18-12 01:41 AM
    No problems with battery life or scrolling when I used Mini Banner Live
    04-18-12 03:03 AM

04-18-12 05:56 AM
    Since the glow of Mini-Banner LIVE is also being used by black helicopters as a homing device to find my location, I fixed all my problems by making a case out of aluminium foil and fitting it to my phone.
    Last edited by 69goat; 04-18-12 at 02:17 PM.
    04-18-12 02:09 PM

Hi, I ran into this too - went back to Lucky 45 mini banner theme
    04-18-12 09:43 PM
    Hi, I ran into this too - went back to Lucky 45 mini banner theme

Ran into what???? Paranoia? Lol

04-19-12 03:55 AM
    Since the glow of Mini-Banner LIVE is also being used by black helicopters as a homing device to find my location, I fixed all my problems by making a case out of aluminium foil and fitting it to my phone.

The pattern formed by the motion of the "LIVE" banner is subliminal Morse code...

It says "Buy De_Nex7 and Follow @drkapprentice and @_Lucky45"

You guys figured us out lol

04-19-12 03:59 AM
    The pattern formed by the motion of the "LIVE" banner is subliminal Morse code...

It says "Buy De_Nex7 and Follow @drkapprentice and @_Lucky45"

You guys figured us out lol

Too Fonny!!! Mel Gibson is that you???
    04-19-12 06:56 AM
    Ran into what???? Paranoia? Lol

Jeez !! Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning? Lol
    04-19-12 09:53 AM
    Jeez !! Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning? Lol

Twas but a jest.

You quoted a post and said that you ran into the same 'issues'.
    While the only 'issue' stated in said post was rampant unfounded paranoia...

04-19-12 10:36 AM
    Twas but a jest.

You quoted a post and said that you ran into the same 'issues'.
    While the only 'issue' stated in said post was rampant unfounded paranoia...

As was I just jesting (smile) no paranoia just moved back to my fav Lucky 45
    04-19-12 11:48 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD