Hello all,

My BB 9790 and WhatsApp both worked perfectly well through the 1st of July, but as I did not have an inbuilt email account I had to do a wipe to attempt to save the messages (that being the only way I was aware of at the time). I initially had problems with my carrier getting BIS restored, and attributed the 'Whatsapp no longer supports this phone' to that. Now that issue is resolved however and here is no sign of WhatsApp working. With no apparent cause given they have extended it through the end of December according to their latest message.

Are any of you still able to use WhatsApp on a 9790? I am not sure if it may be to do with my software version (7.1 Bundle 2039, v7.1.0.714). If anyone has suggestions or is having similar problems would appreciate any workarounds you can think of.

snhs
    07-06-17 01:16 PM
    Hi, I too experienced the "WhatsApp no longer supports this phone" error on my Torch 9810 running BBOS 7.1, but it disappeared after few days and got replaced with "application is too old" which I'm stuck with ever since, because I have the newest version and the "update" is offering me version even older ...

I can see on the forums and BB AppWorld that I'm most definitely not the only one having this problem, however I still haven't been able to find any solution So any help would be much appreciated - and yes, I have deleted and reinstalled the app many times, refreshed app list on BB World, nothing helped ...
    07-06-17 01:54 PM
    I have found a workaround for my phone at least, may be worth a go with the Torch as well. Ralph Morton's post in the thread below suggests changing the year to 2016, it then worked instantly for me and with a bit of fiddling with the backups now seem to be up and running again. Quite why WhatsApp could not make it a bit easier I am not sure though.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post12930525
    07-07-17 06:40 PM
    I have found a workaround for my phone at least, may be worth a go with the Torch as well. Ralph Morton's post in the thread below suggests changing the year to 2016, it then worked instantly for me and with a bit of fiddling with the backups now seem to be up and running again. Quite why WhatsApp could not make it a bit easier I am not sure though.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post12930525
    Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately it didn't work on my device - if I set the date wrong, WhatsApp just tells me that the date is wrong and won't let me to continue until I set it right ...
    07-12-17 06:14 PM