Hi all, I recently installed a BlackBerry 6 "torch theme" onto my bb. Afterwards, I removed it with BBSAK. On restart, I would get the white screen that indicated no theme present. Thereafter, I tried reloading the OS, downgrading, and doing a factory wipe as well as a security wipe before reupgrading to .480 I'm still getting the white screen and I'm going a little ocd about this. How can I fix it?

thanks guys!
    03-20-11 10:54 AM
    That wasn't a Torch theme, it was an early 9780 theme from OS .131

You need to reinstall the net_rim_theme_BlackBerry6_480x360_b cod file from .480 back onto your phone using BBSAK.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-11 11:02 AM
    Hmm. I just did that with BBSAK and I'm still getting the same issue..
    03-20-11 11:11 AM
    What OS did you install?
    03-20-11 11:12 AM
    You used the install cod file option in BBSAK, then browsed to and selected the above theme file I mentioned?

If you successfully selected and installed the correct cod file, then your phone should now have a working base theme.

Try a battery pull.

03-20-11 11:15 AM
    You used the install cod file option in BBSAK, then browsed to and selected the above theme file I mentioned?

If you successfully selected and installed the correct cod file, then your phone should now have a working base theme.

Try a battery pull.

But Phill, he said he wiped his device using BBSAK and installed a new OS, I have never experienced this in any OS that I installed starting from 294...

Don't you think it could be something else maybe? Just a thought
    03-20-11 11:24 AM

Try a battery pull.

Yes, I did exactly just that & I chose the same exact file you mentioned. I also just did a couple of battery pulls. Same issue.

I'm baffled by this.. Is there a way to do another complete wipe aside from the BBSAK factory reset & wipe device?
    03-20-11 11:28 AM
    Don't you think it could be something else maybe? Just a thought
    I ignored the rest

The mistake he made was removing the base theme file using BBSAK, and not replacing it with another.
    All I'm suggesting is to add that base theme file back onto the phone, which should solve his problem.

03-20-11 11:28 AM
    Yes, I did exactly just that & I chose the same exact file you mentioned. I also just did a couple of battery pulls. Same issue.

I'm baffled by this.. Is there a way to do another complete wipe aside from the BBSAK factory reset & wipe device?
    Can you find the Options icon?

If so, press it, then go to Display > Screen Display > scroll down to Theme and select BlackBerry6 if it's there.

If it's not, then I'm baffled because it should be there!

03-20-11 11:33 AM
    Can you find the Options icon?

If so, press it, then go to Display > Screen Display > scroll down to Theme and select BlackBerry6 if it's there.

If it's not, then I'm baffled because it should be there!

Yes, I was able to do that. I selected the theme and everything came back. However... I did a battery pull afterwards and the issue came back. On top of that, I got a App Error 602...
    03-20-11 11:44 AM
    The 1st part makes sense, because your phone's settings were telling it to activate a theme file that was no longer there. Once you manually activated the new theme file, you should have been ok.

As for the 602 Error... no idea I'm afraid

Why did you do another battery pull when all was good?

03-20-11 11:50 AM
    Check your PM, I sent you a message
    03-20-11 11:50 AM
    BTW, are you using a T-Mobile branded 9780?
    03-20-11 11:53 AM
    Try this:

wipe your device in bbsak again, install the 480 OS on your computer

these two files need to be deleted form the Java directory before you install, or need to be deleted using javaloader after it is installed (although that may be harder).

net_rim_theme_tmobile_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod
    net_rim_theme_tmobileeu_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\XXXyour OS folder\Java

please report back in the thread to my suggestion
    03-20-11 12:17 PM
    I am betting the above instructions will fix your issue.

Matrix Leader
    03-20-11 12:20 PM
    I am betting the above instructions will fix your issue.

Matrix Leader
    Doubt it... that was only required for TMO users doing very early OS updates, and was fixed by .359

03-20-11 12:23 PM
    Doubt it... that was only required for TMO users doing very early OS updates, and was fixed by .359

Since all solutions failed, worth a try mate
    03-20-11 12:31 PM
    Try this:

wipe your device in bbsak again, install the 480 OS on your computer

these two files need to be deleted form the Java directory before you install, or need to be deleted using javaloader after it is installed (although that may be harder).

net_rim_theme_tmobile_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod
    net_rim_theme_tmobileeu_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\XXXyour OS folder\Java

please report back in the thread to my suggestion

These instructions seem very logical as I once had a 9700 and had to remove those of those CODS prior to installing an os. However, I just did another wipe, removed the OS from my comp, reinstalled it, reloaded the OS onto my bb, and it seems that everything is working fine now. I'm not sure why it started working this time around..

I'd like to thank Phil and Matrixleader for both your guys assistance. It's good to know that I have people who are willing to help when I need it.
    03-20-11 12:37 PM
    Glad you're sorted now

03-20-11 12:44 PM
    It's our pleasure man!

Enjoy
    03-20-11 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD