First off, I totally love OS 6 and how it runs on my 9780. I have no gripes with the default theme either, but I would like to tweak one thing. Instead of the menus highlighting blue, I would like them to highlight black. I don't think there's any way of doing that without editing the theme itself. That said, does anyone know where I can get the "source" project files of the default theme?
    12-04-10 10:36 PM
    1- No on knows?
    2- It doesn't exist?
    3- It exists but nobody knows where to get it from?
    4- No idea what I'm talking about?

Which one?
    12-05-10 09:26 AM
    Since theme builder isn't compatible with the 9780 even if the file was somewhere, there is no way u can edit it afaik

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-10 03:56 PM
    Candy is correct.

The theme source file is created using Theme Builder, and since there is no compatible version for the 9780... there is no source file

You'll just have to wait like the rest of us
    12-05-10 04:26 PM
    Ah, thanks guys. If anyone finds anything out, do let the rest of us know.
    12-05-10 06:12 PM
    Ah, thanks guys. If anyone finds anything out, do let the rest of us know.
    I'm sure it'll be all over CB the day RIM finally gets around to adding a 9780 simulator.
    12-05-10 09:33 PM
    Ummm, I just checked the RIM website and there seems to be a simulator for 9780?

Simulators Available for the BlackBerry Bold™ 9780 Smartphone with OS v6.0
    12-06-10 02:51 PM
    So I suppose my question now goes back to: where can I get the project files for the default theme so that I may tweak it?
    12-06-10 02:53 PM
    Ummm, I just checked the RIM website and there seems to be a simulator for 9780?
    The simulator is just for people to try out the OS before buying the phone... it has nothing to do with themes.

So I suppose my question now goes back to: where can I get the project files for the default theme so that I may tweak it?
    The answer is, still... there is no theme source file
    12-06-10 03:08 PM
    I'm waiting impatiently as well to tweak the default theme. I don't only want to make color changes but also stop the endless scrolling of the icons tray among the different types of menus. Hopefully we get these source files before the end of the year with a 9780 compatible version of TB.
    12-06-10 03:10 PM
    Alxis, I feel your pain. The everscrolling trays are the first thing I would like to get rid of. Extremely annoying.

And Phill_UK, no offense dude, but if you post in my threads with the intention to help, can I please pass? I have little to no need for your "British humor (or lack of it thereof)"/wit/snark/<insert your favorite description of your annoying behavior>, and I'm quite content with the assistance I'm getting from others. Do me a favor and **** off, m'kay?
    12-06-10 03:22 PM
    And Phill_UK, no offense dude, but if you post in my threads with the intention to help, can I please pass? I have little to no need for your "British humor (or lack of it thereof)"/wit/snark/<insert your favorite description of your annoying behavior>, and I'm quite content with the assistance I'm getting from others. Do me a favor and **** off, m'kay?
    Offense taken, dude... so **** off yaself, m'kay?
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 12-06-10 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Retaining some residual etiquette
    12-06-10 03:25 PM
    Offense taken, dude... so f*ck off yaself, m'kay?
    Dear Phill,

Perhaps my previous post wasn't clear enough, so please allow me to elaborate. I would like it if you and I don't communicate past this point, so your request is somewhat obsolete. Hopefully, my position is clearer now.

And just to be clear on one final thing, the word I actually used was "p*ss off" (which the board censored for some reason). Perhaps not a big difference from your "f*ck off", but retains some residual etiquette nonetheless. In any case, bugger off, (to use a term more familiar to you). Okie?
    12-06-10 03:55 PM
    Bio, you don't want help from Phill, I suggest you put him on your ignore list. I'm obviously missing something here.
    12-08-10 08:21 PM
    Dear Phill,

Perhaps my previous post wasn't clear enough, so please allow me to elaborate. I would like it if you and I don't communicate past this point, so your request is somewhat obsolete. Hopefully, my position is clearer now.

And just to be clear on one final thing, the word I actually used was "p*ss off" (which the board censored for some reason). Perhaps not a big difference from your "f*ck off", but retains some residual etiquette nonetheless. In any case, bugger off, (to use a term more familiar to you). Okie?
    love the british stereotype ya just threw out

either way iv read the thread twice and cant see where phil_uk could possibly of offended you, he merely stated that the simulator being available doesnt solve your problem, which sadly is true.

i for one hope the full version of TS6 comes out soon, as i know there are many like yourself wanting to ditch the `pages` look for a more `OS5 look` (for lack of any better comparison).
    12-09-10 09:56 AM
    Bio, you don't want help from Phill, I suggest you put him on your ignore list. I'm obviously missing something here.
    I reserve the ignore function for people who annoy me without specifically addressing me, per say. I hope that clarifies whatever it is that you've missed.
    Last edited by Bio; 12-09-10 at 11:50 PM.
    12-09-10 11:42 PM
    love the british stereotype ya just threw out
    No Stereotype. That was in reference to something Phill said in a different thread.

either way iv read the thread twice and cant see where phil_uk could possibly of offended you, he merely stated that the simulator being available doesnt solve your problem, which sadly is true.
    He offended me in a different thread, and I, being the vindictive hypocrite that I am, let it trickle into this thread and manifest itself as lowered tolerance (from my part) for any kind of Phill-snark, however slight. I'm well over it today though. (All tongue in cheek)

i for one hope the full version of TS6 comes out soon, as i know there are many like yourself wanting to ditch the `pages` look for a more `OS5 look` (for lack of any better comparison).
    AMEN.
    12-09-10 11:44 PM
    Alxis, I feel your pain. The everscrolling trays are the first thing I would like to get rid of. Extremely annoying.

Dude Phill_UK did nothing wrong. He merely said that the simulator can't be used as a theme builder and he was quite polite in the way he said it. And in response to the British Lack of Humour remark Phill isn't the only British person on here and we got a good sense of humour (just check sickipedia)

Thanks!
    12-24-10 01:23 PM
    I also don't care for the blue highlighting of the home page areas either.... Am looking to trying new themes, hopefully ones without the tabbed viewing.
    12-26-10 07:18 PM
    Hello all,

Please excuse my ignorance but am i correct in thinking that there is no way of changing your Theme for the 9780?

If so then i will be sending mine back, as i might aswell keep my 9700.

Regards

Michael
    01-13-11 05:17 AM
    Hello all,

Please excuse my ignorance but am i correct in thinking that there is no way of changing your Theme for the 9780?

If so then i will be sending mine back, as i might aswell keep my 9700.

Regards

Michael
    not currently, but its coming......
    01-14-11 10:29 AM
    So did anyone create a stock theme minus the side trays yet?
    02-24-11 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD