I see that many of you have began to develop OS 6 themes soon after the leaked Theme Builder was available, but unfortunately there is a common trend. These themes look more like an OS 5 update.

Users on Crackberry like myself, absolutely love all the work you put into producing these beautiful themes, especially after offering them up for free. What I'd like to see though is more of a variety of themes, a more diverse UI, WITH the sliding menus, transitions etc... Everyone seems to get rid of it. I mean, ok sometimes the sliding menus are a little daunting BUT you, the developer, have the most creative minds around here. I'm sure you can come up with a theme that's as wonderful as any other that also works.

I'm not putting you all down in any way, Your work is great, and very appreciated by the most of us, keep up the good work.

P.S: To any trolls, I dont have the skills to make themes unlike the developers which is why I'm REQUESTING a change in theme development. It's a REQUEST, never a demand.

Thank you
    01-28-11 07:10 AM
    I'll be the defense here lol. I'm thinking that turning off a capability is a pretty easy thing to do, but how to use an integrate a capability in a new way will take some time. I think a lot of us have learned to love some things about the stock theme. I almost cant stand NOT being able to flick down to all the apps and I'm sure I'm not alone.
    I remember seeing a warning about BB6; that some of the things will have to be there and can't be turned off. I thought those things would be stuff like the notification bar, but it was gone on the one theme I've downloaded. I'm not sure what can't be done if anything.
    Mostly, I'm looking forward to seeing some of the favorite OS5 themes not just ported over, but with some BB6 capabilities added.
    01-28-11 08:24 AM
    I'll be the defense here lol. I'm thinking that turning off a capability is a pretty easy thing to do, but how to use an integrate a capability in a new way will take some time. I think a lot of us have learned to love some things about the stock theme. I almost cant stand NOT being able to flick down to all the apps and I'm sure I'm not alone.
    I remember seeing a warning about BB6; that some of the things will have to be there and can't be turned off. I thought those things would be stuff like the notification bar, but it was gone on the one theme I've downloaded. I'm not sure what can't be done if anything.
    Mostly, I'm looking forward to seeing some of the favorite OS5 themes not just ported over, but with some BB6 capabilities added.
    Very true. Theme builder was leaked last night, it's FAR too small a sample size to highlight trends. I would suggest that early themes will be deleting annoyances and things will get more elaborate as time goes on. The opening post makes a nice point but it's too early to be concerned
    01-28-11 08:28 AM
    Sorry if I came out as a **** I didn't know any other way to put it, but thanks for responding nicely . You both make some valid points. After work I'm going to download the leak myself and try building a theme. The experience I have making themes is very bland but hey I could always learn. It did only leak last night and theme builders are only now learning a new system. Good points. Hopefully they do come out with something juicy soon though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-11 08:37 AM
    Not at all, you made a good point. To be honest you could well be proven right if the initial trend continues! Good to get the idea out there early
    01-28-11 08:50 AM
    Haha thank you! Listen, if when I get out of work I'm able to build a theme ill so try to develop a well designed and efficient one. For free of course lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-11 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD