[ Social ] by TheThemeBox

Released on: February 5, 2011

Honored with BQC Certification: February 9, 2011 (click here for details)

[ Description ]

The Theme Box is proud to present Social, a theme with a familiar design and many unique features, such as:

- "Profile Pictures" (can be set by changing your wallpaper)
    - Owner Name displayed on home screen
    - Dedicated full-screen Messages and Calendar viewer
    - Access 8 theme-defined icons via the side bar, as well as 8 user-defined icons of your own
    - Keyboard shortcuts: Spacebar launches QuickLaunch (sold separately) and Dollar Sign launches SMS

[ Notes ]

- Trackpad navigation is enabled on the Torch 9800, but landscape mode is not supported

[ Compatibility ]

OS 6 - 9800, 9780, 9700, 9650, 93xx
    OS 5 - 9700, 9650, 9630, 8900, 93xx, 85xx

[ Purchase ]

Don't forget to visit our website to learn how you can instantly save 20% off this purchase!

Purchase from: MobiHand | CrackBerry

[ Updates ]

v1.1 - February 7, 2011
    - Darkened battery and signal meters for easier readability
    - Fixed illegible notification fonts
    - Fixed calendar font (bug only on OS 6 devices)
    - Moved indicators that were too hard to read to a better spot
    - Added icon backdrops to all homescreen apps, as some icons were difficult to see
    Last edited by TheThemeBox; 02-14-11 at 01:34 PM.
    02-05-11 01:58 AM
    looks amazing !
    vincetheprince likes this.
    02-05-11 05:21 AM
    Social has been updated to v1.1 with lots of important fixes and enhancements. See first post for the official change log.
    02-07-11 10:51 PM
    This theme is hands down the best concept I've ever seen! I'm absolutely in love with it and naturally will be using it for a while. There are a few things that I would like to suggest that I think would make this the best theme ever made:

1. Theming of the entire OS UI, meaning changing all icons, menus and native applications so that they look like FaceBook. For example, the music player and App World.

2. Custom FaceBook alert sounds.

Thank you very much!
    02-15-11 12:03 PM
    Thanks for the kind words! Unfortunately, we cannot skin applications themselves. On that note, pretty much everything has been skinned to the extent that the theme builder lets us. As for custom sounds, we do not specialize in anything audio-related and so would prefer to stay away from that.
    02-15-11 12:37 PM
    I've been running it for about an hour now and notice the following:

1. The signal strength indicator bars should be made a bit darker, so it would be easier to see when you drop bars. All the bars look almost the same right now even when you drop a bar since the colours don't contrast enough.

2. The notification counter on the homescreen when I receive a message, i.e. the little "1'' is not legible. Also, the label that says "Notifications" right behind the counter on the homescreen should be justified to the left so that it doesn't look so jumbled up and hard to read. It would look very clean and professional that way IMO.

These are all my humble requests. Thank you very much.

Great job so far!

Thanks for the kind words! Unfortunately, we cannot skin applications themselves. On that note, pretty much everything has been skinned to the extent that the theme builder lets us. As for custom sounds, we do not specialize in anything audio-related and so would prefer to stay away from that.
    Last edited by goldmemba; 02-15-11 at 01:05 PM.
    02-15-11 12:48 PM
    I like the Social theme. Makes it looks fresh and bright. I do have a few remarks in regards to the look on Bold 9780:
    - The bottom line (with 6 icons) could be expanded to add 2 more (optional)
    - The number on the calendar icon is hardly visible
    - The alarm icon (top row) is cut off on right and bottom side
    - When unlocking sometimes the ‘Events’ tab content is put over the main tab
    - In the ‘Events’ tab the title column isn’t wide enough, the location is wider which would be the other way around width wise
    - When having the Messages icon in one of the 2 big icon places (next to ‘profile picture’) it is cut off on the right side when the star is showing for new messages
    - Bluetooth icon hardly visible on top bar
    - Icons not all clearly visible on white background in icon menu (eg Google Maps, legacy Search)
    - Only square boxes instead of nice icons for Music, Pictures and Video
    - Font size of certain items, example in messages, i have default size 5, but the lines look like size 9, when going into a message it does show the correct size.
    . This is also seen while downloading/uploading that the percentage number is too big for the available space
    . The default size of the date bar (in messages) it also bigger, when moving cursor on it, it shows it as size 5

I am looking forward to an update Keep up the good work
    Last edited by SpeedFreak73; 02-24-11 at 09:13 AM.
    02-24-11 09:02 AM
    same with speedfreak73..
    the alarm icon is cut off...
    the text for BlackBerry Messenger doesn't fit in the black box when the icon is highlighted on the bottom dock. my notifications on the bottom dock and my messages on the right side are cut off and can't see the whole thing...
    02-26-11 12:16 AM
    and how do i make my profile picture the whole picture instead of just a corner of the picture?
    02-26-11 12:17 AM
    Hey guys, as always we appreciate the feedback. We are currently working on our new theme Encapsulated right now, we can make note and revisit these issues once that project is completed.

Thanks for your support.
    02-26-11 12:52 AM
    Hi,

I have made some screenshots on my BB 9780

Here it shows:

- Clock on top isn't complete (right and bottom are cut off)
    - The 'star' on the new messages icon is cut off on the right
    - The number in the calender icon is not readable
    - The app title like 'Blackberry Messenger' is too long for the black backdrop
    - Both the Messages and Events are overlay on the home page from coming back of the screensaver.

Here it shows that the white background isn't working for all icons. The Google Maps icons half showing. One other would be the Bluetooth icon.

Here it shows:

- Bluetooth icon hardly showing
    - The icon for games is incorrect. I think this icon should be used for the Applications folder

Here it shows that the font size is too big. You can hardly ready the '92%' while with the default theme it shows it in smaller size.

Here it shows the font size also being too big.
    Last edited by SpeedFreak73; 04-11-11 at 04:19 PM.
    04-11-11 05:04 AM
    Is there any indication when there will be an update for this theme?
    04-20-11 06:13 AM
    If ur running os6 the clock icon is a TB6 issue. The 92% could be if u have any font other than stock font.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 04:07 PM
    But why is it that clock symbol is cut of only on the home screen, if you check the other screenshots the clock symbol is complete in the top bar. I haven't used any other font on my BB. It is just that with any theme I have installed it shows it the wrong size, only the default theme acts normally.
    04-21-11 03:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD