How do I start the customization! I downloaded it but now I'm lost!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    To get started, type * on your keypad to bring up the customization menus. There is a help screen at the bottom of the first menu to guide you in using the options. Also, you can type # to bring up a list of the themes shortcuts.

Thanks for your interest in my theme, please don't hesitate to post if you have anymore questions!

Russ.
    06-24-11 09:40 PM
    Very nice!

06-26-11 03:10 PM
    I find it difficult to select some of the top row icons because of the way the cursor moves when in the top row. For instance, if you brush the trackpad in the up direction while in the top row, the cursor will move to the bottom row (sort of like a loop). It would be best (IMO), if it stayed in the top row...

IMO, this is one of the mis-steps that RIM made with OS 6 - it seems to be optimised for touch, but trackpad users have a frustrating time with unintentional movement from pane to pane in the theme.

This, and the ability to save configurations would make this the best theme out there. I have heard that saving the theme options isn't possible, but I also have Optique, which seems to remember options across reboots.

Bob
    06-26-11 04:01 PM
    I find it difficult to select some of the top row icons because of the way the cursor moves when in the top row. For instance, if you brush the trackpad in the up direction while in the top row, the cursor will move to the bottom row (sort of like a loop). It would be best (IMO), if it stayed in the top row...

IMO, this is one of the mis-steps that RIM made with OS 6 - it seems to be optimised for touch, but trackpad users have a frustrating time with unintentional movement from pane to pane in the theme.
    Thank you for this input, being a touchscreen owner myself (storm2) it is often difficult to gauge how my themes run on a trackpad/ball device. The focus loops in Morph to ensure that the menus and options screens can always be navigated easily, i.e. so moving either up or down would move the highlight into the menu. I will have a think about a way around this so that the icon dock is easier to use.

This, and the ability to save configurations would make this the best theme out there. I have heard that saving the theme options isn't possible, but I also have Optique, which seems to remember options across reboots.

Bob
    Thank you for the kind words, Bob! I worked very hard on Morph (almost 3,700 lines of handwritten code) and it is always rewarding to see nice comments about my work.

After reading your comments about optique I purchased and downloaded it then proceeded to set a different color scheme and hide the OCD icon. After some minutes had elapsed I rebooted my phone, but the options I had changed were back at their default values as I expected. Can you shed any light on exactly what is being retained across reboots with optique?

Russ.
    06-26-11 04:39 PM

Bob
    Optique, just like every other theme will reset to default settings, except for wallpaper and icon settings.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    06-26-11 04:39 PM
    Yeah Russ, sorry but my memory is faulty - I just did an experiment and verified that the options get reset across reboots as well.

I owe you a coffee if you are ever in the DC area ;-)

Bob
    andyahs and russnash like this.
    06-26-11 05:09 PM
    Yeah Russ, sorry but my memory is faulty - I just did an experiment and verified that the options get reset across reboots as well.

I owe you a coffee if you are ever in the DC area ;-)

Bob
    No problem at all Bob!
    06-26-11 05:45 PM
    The version 1.2 update for Bold OS5 and OS6 has been uploaded to Mobihand. If you do not receive the upgrade notification email, please log into your Mobihand account page to download it.

Updates in this release:

- Theme customization menus now have checkmarks to show selections.
    - Focus color on the homepage and within the configuration menus is now configurable from a choice of nine colors.
    - User customizable fonts now work correctly on OS6.
    - Wifi banner items fixed on OS5.
    - Focus bars in BlackBerry applications and menu are now dark blue as the gray was reported as hard to see.
    - Island underlay color tint now works properly.

The next upcoming v1.3 release will include the following:

- Icons will be individually moveable and configurable.
    - OCD's will have a choice of icons / text / icons AND text.
    andyahs likes this.
    06-29-11 07:33 PM
    Propably I am an ***** but I got no clue how to get a customization screen I downloaded this theme and do not know where to navigate in my BB menu to customize this theme. Any help, guys ?
    07-07-11 03:13 PM
    Propably I am an ***** but I got no clue how to get a customization screen I downloaded this theme and do not know where to navigate in my BB menu to customize this theme. Any help, guys ?
    To begin customizing your theme, type an * on your BlackBerry to open the customization menu. You can also type a # for a handy list of shortcuts.

Russ.
    07-07-11 08:35 PM
    Unlucky it's not working
    # changes profile on my BB
    * activates lock

I am typeing booth when in main screen. Trying as well from menu screen.

07-07-11 11:57 PM
    Unlucky it's not working

# changes profile on my BB

* activates lock

I am typeing booth when in main screen. Trying as well from menu screen.

Which model of blackberry do you have? Make sure you are using the alt key combination to type * or #.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by russnash; 07-08-11 at 12:09 AM.
    07-08-11 12:02 AM
    This thread is about 9780 so conclusion is simple - 9780

07-08-11 12:18 AM
    This thread is about 9780 so conclusion is simple - 9780

I would assume so too, but it doesn't hurt to double check

As I mentioned above, make sure you are using the alt key in combination to type the * or #. I don't have a 9780 to look at but I believe it is, for example alt + q for the #.

Russ.

07-08-11 12:25 AM
    I didn't know about alt now it works.

Thank You

07-08-11 12:52 AM
    I didn't know about alt now it works.

Thank You

You're welcome, glad you got it working. Sorry for the confusion.

Russ.

07-08-11 01:47 PM
    Theme is really great. Any chances it would be possible in future to save customization ?
    07-08-11 02:45 PM
    Theme is really great. Any chances it would be possible in future to save customization ?
    From Russ's description of the theme in 1st post:
    While this theme does offer very high levels of customization, it unfortunately cannot offer the ability for your customizations to be saved across reboots of your BlackBerry or between switching themes. This is a limitation of the SVG language used for developing themes which provides no method for storing information on your BlackBerry device or media card. If you are in the habit of rebooting your phone often this may not be the theme for you.
    russnash and andyahs like this.
    07-08-11 03:38 PM
    The key here would be "any chances" and "future"
    07-09-11 02:52 AM
    I guess what I was trying to say, using Russ's KIND words (since mine will not be so) is that because the SVG code limits this function, the CODE itself will have to be developed and changed in order for this to happen. The TB software is inadequate and needs work. No one can predict the future. Will it be changed? Will it be fixed to allow us to save? No one has a crystal ball. I thought it was pretty obvious in what Russ wrote that it WOULD NOT happen.

That is why I posted his disclaimer.

Oh and why am I answering? I am a beta tester for several theme makers. We have been questioning and working with this for a while now. Hope this helps.
    07-09-11 05:53 AM

I'm hoping that RIM will see a need to thoroughly overhaul the theme engine in the near future, svg is so limiting. I had to literally reverse engineer the theme compiling process just to be able to do the things that are at morphs core. The majority of its capabilites would not have been possible using RIMs provided theme studio tools. The simple inclusion by RIM of a half decent scripting language within the theme engine would be a major leap in the right direction.

I'm currently researching possibilities for bypassing the theme engine altogether so that java could be used to control the homescreen but am a long way from any success here yet.

Russ.

07-09-11 10:52 AM
    The Morph v1.3 update has been released to Mobihand. Should you not receive the update notification email, please login to your Mobihand account page to download the update.

Changes in this release:

- User configurable today displays available for Calendar, Email, Call log, SMS & BBM (BBM only available on OS6).
    - Dock icons can now be moved and hidden individually.
    - Text and/or icon choice is now available for all dock and OCD icons.
    - Added touch focus color to the central hotspots on touchscreen versions.
    - Touchscreen versions now have 6 available dock icons, four initially visible and two initially hidden.
    - Hidden icons can still be selected and used, allowing for hidden icon/hotspot creation.
    - Three different font choices now available for the clock.

Please note:

Due to their size, the today displays are initially configured to all occupy the same position on the homescreen, should you wish to enable more than one you must change the position of the additional displays so that they do not overlap each other.
    albertjo likes this.
    07-20-11 08:46 AM
    The Morph v1.3 update has been released to Mobihand. Should you not receive the update notification email, please login to your Mobihand account page to download the update.

Changes in this release:

- User configurable today displays available for Calendar, Email, Call log, SMS & BBM (BBM only available on OS6).
    - Dock icons can now be moved and hidden individually.
    - Text and/or icon choice is now available for all dock and OCD icons.
    - Added touch focus color to the central hotspots on touchscreen versions.
    - Touchscreen versions now have 6 available dock icons, four initially visible and two initially hidden.
    - Hidden icons can still be selected and used, allowing for hidden icon/hotspot creation.
    - Three different font choices now available for the clock.

Please note:

Due to their size, the today displays are initially configured to all occupy the same position on the homescreen, should you wish to enable more than one you must change the position of the additional displays so that they do not overlap each other.
    cool update...

btw anyone has memory leak issue i have trouble with this issue
    07-20-11 11:06 AM
    the file size is getting bigger huh
    07-20-11 11:14 AM
    the file size is getting bigger huh
    More content means a larger theme file, but everything being hand coded and not created in Theme Studio keeps it fast.
    07-20-11 11:30 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD