A new version of the popular leebo theme...

leeboUltraDock: Focus on what matters.

This theme is the product of years of absolute reliance upon (and, well, let's face it, addiction to) BlackBerry. The home screen presents crucial data at a glance, while showcasing your dazzling wallpaper.

How many of us rely on our BlackBerry as our handiest timepiece? The clock is large and easily visible, yet unobtrusively placed. Date is conveniently provided beside the time in the form of the dynamic calendar icon of OS6 and takes up a minimum of screen real estate.

The meter system is equally efficient and focused on providing users key information when needed, but staying out of the way otherwise. The battery meter is a large green dot at 100% and gradually decreases in size as the battery depletes. It is smallest at the 50% mark when it chages to yellow in color. As the battery level further decreases, the dot will again increase in size, now red, quickly alerting you to the current status (and need to find a charger to keep your chat sessions going). WiFi and cell signals are blue and white dots, respectively, which also decrease in size according to signal level.

Banners have been carefully designed to be consistent throughout the theme, so as to blend into the OS and feel completely natural.

Four hotspots are available on the homescreen: the Profiles icon (which can also be toggled using +/-); the time (clicking launches Clock); the meter area (clicking launches Manage Connections); and leebo's usual off-screen button, which allows users to completely remove icon highlights from the homescreen (clicking the offscreen button launches the first application in the app list). Navigation between these hotspots is left-right on the trackpad.

A weather icon sits under the time and can be toggled on and off with # and * hotkeys.

Unlike previous versions of leebo, this version uses hotkey shortcuts sparingly:

$ - SMS/MMS
    0 - Profiles (useful if you choose to hide the home screen icon)
    +/- Toggles for Profiles
    #/* Toggles for Weather (uses icon in 12th position on app list)

There is also a dock of 12 mini-icons that slides up with a downward-swipe of the trackpad, and tucks away again with an up-swipe. Considerable time and planning went into this dock and the swipe response is fluid with no worries of "overshooting" (users of themes with lots of hotspots know what that means).

The theme features OS7 icons throughout - and this is the only OS6 theme to also offer the OS7 homescreen folders.

Again using meticulous (ok, ok, obsessive) coding efficiencies, this theme weighs in at less than 340 kb, which means fast response times and no lag.

Please note, the screenshots below feature custom wallpapers not included in the theme itself.

Available on MobiHand and AppWorld. A 24-hour clock version (no am/pm) is available here.
    Last edited by wu-wei; 02-14-12 at 04:55 AM.
    01-24-12 03:10 PM
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-24-12 03:22 PM
    wu-wei and andyahs like this.
    01-25-12 06:16 AM
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-25-12 07:10 PM
    Absolutely a "Must Have" if you are considering adding another theme to your collection.
    Is likely the one I would keep if I had to delete all my themes in order to make room for more memory. An absolute bargain at $2.99.......

wu-wei likes this.
    01-26-12 08:20 AM

wu-wei likes this.
    01-26-12 10:16 AM
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-27-12 07:43 AM
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-27-12 07:33 PM
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-28-12 01:08 PM
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-29-12 11:23 AM
    Absolutely a "Must Have" if you are considering adding another theme to your collection.
    Is likely the one I would keep if I had to delete all my themes in order to make room for more memory. An absolute bargain at $2.99.......

Click to view quoted image

DUDE!!

those are some very nice wallpapers

and also what is that battery meter app, that you're using, called?
    01-29-12 09:30 PM
    01-30-12 07:37 PM
    DUDE!!

those are some very nice wallpapers

and also what is that battery meter app, that you're using, called?
    It is Battery EX app and the skin is cotton candy by hamsterwheel...all found on the batt ex thread under applications.
    01-30-12 09:33 PM

GO WU-WEI! ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY!

the only down side to this app [and its with every theme that uses the "no-trays" option (including mine)] is that I cannot access the "Home Screen Preferences" option. I was wondering if there is a fix to that? Other than that this theme is PERFECT.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by 4one1; 01-30-12 at 10:50 PM.
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-30-12 10:34 PM

the only down side to this app [and its with every theme that uses the "no-trays" option (including mine)] is that I cannot access the "Home Screen Preferences" option. I was wondering if there is a fix to that? Other than that this theme is PERFECT.

Thanks again!
    Yup - use an older version of net_rim_bb_ribbon_app. For the 9700, I recommend using 6.0.0.461
    01-31-12 01:49 AM
    wu-wei likes this.
    02-01-12 12:08 PM
    andyahs likes this.
    02-03-12 03:30 AM
    curvedthumb likes this.
    02-08-12 03:28 PM
    Can there be a bottom dock with 6 icons version added for those of us who do not need that many icons? thanks
    02-08-12 05:31 PM
    02-13-12 08:37 PM
    I forgot to announce AppWorld availability.
    andyahs likes this.
    02-14-12 04:56 AM
    wu-wei likes this.
    02-14-12 08:23 AM
    Hi Wu-Wei! i used to have a 9650 and loved your leebo theme. i now have a 9300 for work and cannot use leebo since it's not compatible. would you ever consider making a version for the 9300? i would gladly pay! thanks!
    02-18-12 06:59 PM
    02-24-12 07:52 AM
    Yup - use an older version of net_rim_bb_ribbon_app. For the 9700, I recommend using 6.0.0.461
    does changing this effect the battery life?
    03-15-12 07:47 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD