05-11-11 10:05 AM
45 12
tools

check out berryfication editor rezn's review of SLATE here!
    bbt's SLATE by bbt Designs | Berryfication Theme of the Week!

OS6 now supported!

It's got some pretty unique features I think youll enjoy, and was entirely handcoded, so even with all the moving elements (like the today area) and icons on the homescreen, SLATE runs incredibly smooth.
    some unique features:
    8 icon sliding, hideable dock + 1 slot for weather next to the clock
    customizable and wallpaper friendly
    hide weather slot, dock, today area via shortcut keys
    options panel that allows you to customize or hide banners (see navigation preview below)
    available with os6 icons or custom icons (see screens)
    no transitions
    handcoded svg for optimal performance, no lag, just smooth
    So here is SLATE!

There are 8 shortcuts on the homescreen (use the caps key for letters):
    • N = BBM
    • M = Messages
    • $ = SMS/MMS
    • L = Profiles
    • @ = Connections
    • Spacebar = Slot 10 in application list
    • K = Calendar
    • O = Options

And homescreen feature shortcuts

• * shows dock, # hides it
    • Z shows weather icon, X hides it
    • + shows options panel, # or * hides it
    • G shows today area, H hides it (Calendar<-SWIPE->Messages<-SWIPE->SMS/MMS)

And SLATE comes in multiple versions, to fit your needs!

• Blacked out with original icons
    • Normal with original icons
    • Blacked out with OS6 icons
    • Normal with OS6 icons

Links are up!

let me know what you think!
    And feel free to post screenshots!

Enjoy!
    bbt

**please do a battery pull after installing a new theme!**
    melandcleve likes this.
    01-30-11 08:58 PM
    Oh thank god I bought both versions for my 9700. Great to see it for 6.0!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    blackberrytourer likes this.
    01-30-11 09:05 PM
    Thank you so much. I bought your Metro theme a while back on my Bold 9650, only theme I ever used. This looks great, especially now that I'm on OS6. I'd love it if you could port Metro to OS6 as well, I'd even buy it again. Thank you so much, this looks amazing!

I'm sure some people disagree with me, but I do like transitions. If this theme had transitions, it would be perfect, but I'm rocking it anyways.
    Last edited by audiosupernova; 01-30-11 at 10:32 PM.
    01-30-11 10:15 PM
    Check out the screenshots.
    01-30-11 10:35 PM
    OP... Please check your PM box.
    01-31-11 12:06 AM
    Thank you so much. I bought your Metro theme a while back on my Bold 9650, only theme I ever used. This looks great, especially now that I'm on OS6. I'd love it if you could port Metro to OS6 as well, I'd even buy it again. Thank you so much, this looks amazing!
    hey audio those are some great shots! as for metro, I am planning to port to os6, just slate is taking a little longer than i expected. hopefully will have it out next week!
    02-05-11 09:26 PM
    Just updated to version 1.00 of the black and white OS6 icon themes, and I've now lost the G/H today area feature.

Done a couple of battery pulls, but still the same. Is this a bug, or is it me?

02-06-11 07:35 AM
    phill its not a bug, he changed all the hotkeys which were causing conflicts. its still there here is a list of the new hotkeys.
    *change shortcut to open today area to "3" (alt+R) instead of "G" to fix conflict
    *change shortcut to close today area to ESCAPE (button right of trackpad) instead of "H" to fix conflict
    *change shortcut to show weather slot to "7" (alt+Z) instead of "Z" to fix conflict
    change shortcut to hide weather slot to "8" (alt+X) instead of "X" to fix conflict
    *added shortcut "s" to launch Universal Search function!
    02-06-11 07:55 AM
    phill its not a bug, he changed all the hotkeys which were causing conflicts. its still there here is a list of the new hotkeys.
    *change shortcut to open today area to "3" (alt+R) instead of "G" to fix conflict
    *change shortcut to close today area to ESCAPE (button right of trackpad) instead of "H" to fix conflict
    *change shortcut to show weather slot to "7" (alt+Z) instead of "Z" to fix conflict
    change shortcut to hide weather slot to "8" (alt+X) instead of "X" to fix conflict
    *added shortcut "s" to launch Universal Search function!
    Thanks very much for the info rryoung... I guess I should have read the instructions first before updating
    02-06-11 08:00 AM
    If I dont want the custom icons anymore how do I switch to reg icons?
    02-07-11 07:33 PM
    good looking theme. retains the professional look of a berry unlike sooo many of the themes found on the market.

some of the shortcuts are different than indicated though. ex) K locks the screen instead of opening the calendar as indicated.
    02-07-11 08:15 PM
    If I dont want the custom icons anymore how do I switch to reg icons?
    They're 2 different themes to purchase. Either custom icons OR os6 icons...

02-07-11 08:45 PM
    good looking theme. retains the professional look of a berry unlike sooo many of the themes found on the market.

some of the shortcuts are different than indicated though. ex) K locks the screen instead of opening the calendar as indicated.
    +1. This theme is sick.

Also when the device is set to "Application Shortcuts", the device's native application shortcuts are prioritized, which would be K=Lock or L=Calendar. The descriptions just have to be fully updated, which will be soon hopefully.

This is also the reason for the previously mentioned remapping of certain keys because people with GoogleTalk installed had a conflict when pressing G, or people who do not shrink out the help menu had problems with the help menu appearing when pressing H, and so on...
    02-07-11 10:13 PM
    They're 2 different themes to purchase. Either custom icons OR os6 icons...

So now I have to buy the version with the reg OS 6 icons? That can't be
    02-08-11 05:52 PM
    Yep! I bought both.

02-08-11 06:01 PM
    Just bought this. Love it.
    02-08-11 06:27 PM
    I like the theme but if I want to switch to reg OS 6 Icons with white background I have to pay another $5. That's crazy. Guess that was a waste.
    02-08-11 06:30 PM
    another thing.. I would recommend the White version. Core BB apps are adjusted to the black theme but some 3rd party apps won't show any text with the black background. Bought the black one first but I ended up getting the white version few days later.

PS - it's on sale for 3.99 till the end of the day.
    02-12-11 06:26 PM
    I like the theme but if I want to switch to reg OS 6 Icons with white background I have to pay another $5. That's crazy. Guess that was a waste.
    What prevented you from purchasing the regular default OS6 icon set of your choice in the first place, if I may ask?
    02-12-11 11:32 PM
    This theme is so hot and VERY wallpaper friendly!!!

02-13-11 08:56 PM
    dont have to.. it's available to you initially at purchase, just have to buy the one you want.

if you got the wrong version you can request a swap (replace the one you got with the one you wanted), i never received an email from you i don't think, check your pm!

[Center]This theme is so hot and VERY wallpaper friendly!!!
    thanks brad!

thanks everyone for the feedback! as always you can email me at bbtdesigns@gmail.com for any questions

best,

bbt
    02-13-11 10:35 PM
    Very nice! My only complaint is that opacity option is not saved when device is reset.
    m
    02-14-11 08:35 AM
    Very nice! My only complaint is that opacity option is not saved when device is reset.
    m
    agreed! i wish blackberry made this possible but they don't allow settings to save on the homescreen, as it reloads the code on each reboot

glad you're liking the theme!

best

bbt
    02-22-11 12:18 PM
    Love the theme. One question: when i hit the 'back' button on the home screen the today screen disapears. When i now try to get the today screen to show again with the shortcut 'g' nothing happens. What am i doing wrong?

02-22-11 02:27 PM
    I bought this last week, and I'm loving it. I'll be glad to see metro make it's return to 6.0 this week hopfeully! Keep up the great work bbt! You're themes are worth every penny.

02-22-11 04:56 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD