check out the review of v2.0 by berryfication editor rezn!
    bbt�s Metro White|Black v2.0 by bbt Designs | Berryfication

thanks again rezn!

some unique features:
    • OS6 Devices have Calendar, Messages and Text previews on the homescreen!
    • nearly everything on the homescreen is hideable, making Metro highly customizable and wallpaper friendly!
    • dock icon text is hideable via shortcut keys (see navigation preview below)
    • today area is hideable via shortcut keys (see preview below) - swipe right from calendar to show SMS, left from SMS for calendar
    • the dock FADES in/out when you show/hide respectively
    • the weather icon FADES in/out when you show/hide respectively
    • the weather icon has status text (app icon name)
    • custom flash animation on focus of homescreen icons (the box around the icon flashes and then stays visible)

so here it is, Metro!

Also, there are 9 shortcuts on the homescreen (use the caps key for letters):
    • N = bbm
    • M = Messages
    • $ = SMS/MMS
    • L = Profiles
    • @ = Connections
    • Spacebar = QuickLaunch
    • K = Calendar
    • O = Options
    • s=Universal Search

And homescreen feature shortcuts
    • 5 locks dock, 6 unlocks it
    • 7 hides weather, 8 shows weather
    • * shows icon text, # hides icon text
    • 1 hides dock underlay, # or * shows it
    • 3 shows today area, ESCAPE hides it (swipe right from calendar for Messages and SMS, left to get back to Calendar)

And with the Metro bundle, your device can adapt to your lifestyle!
    Metro White's stark contrast of black text on white background for message lists, menus and popups make it ideal for use in bright settings.
    Metro Black is ideal for nighttime or dark settings (cinemas or lowlit parties).
    With its smooth grey fonts on black background, its easy on the eyes.

I worked very hard to make this theme work perfectly, I hope you all enjoy it!

Links are up!

if you are on a mobile device, go to themes>bundles to access the bundle (should be within the first 3 pages)

let me know what you think!
    And feel free to post screenshots!

Enjoy!
    Bbt

**please do a battery pull after installing a new theme!**
    liltoadie, runlsd, lappeso and 1 others like this.
    02-23-11 07:56 PM
    keep up the good work, bbt! I'm a fan of your work. When I had a Bold 9700, I purchased both the Black and the White. Would it be possible to swap to the OS 6 versions for 9780?
    02-23-11 09:38 PM
    I also have ?s about 5.0 to 6 swapping

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-11 10:54 PM
    I'm so glad to see this theme ported over! Now it's just a waiting game for mobihand to swap me over to the 6.0 version. Geez it seems like it's taking forever.

02-23-11 11:03 PM
    I also have ?s about 5.0 to 6 swapping

02-23-11 11:26 PM
    Cool theme, thx u
    02-24-11 05:01 AM
    My only true complaint about this theme is the font size on all the screens. For instence, the message screen, I have my font set to 5, and it appears like the font is about an 8 or 9. It's not that big of a deal, but I just don't remember it being this way. But then again it's been months since I've used this theme, so I don't really remember it. Great work bbt.

02-24-11 06:33 AM
    Just purchased the Black Metro w/colour and love it. Not many carry the colour scheme throughout including BBM but this is super. Thank you
    blackberrytourer likes this.
    02-24-11 08:28 AM
    Thanks for the version swap!
    02-24-11 08:59 AM
    I Downloaded Metro White Blue with OS6 icons (for OS6) on my 9650. And although the list views, messages, sms, settings, is white with black text, the menus with you click the blackberry button is still black NOT white, as are the pop-up dialog boxes (see picture). Please update, so i can redownload.

02-25-11 05:30 PM
    My only true complaint about this theme is the font size on all the screens. For instence, the message screen, I have my font set to 5, and it appears like the font is about an 8 or 9. It's not that big of a deal, but I just don't remember it being this way. But then again it's been months since I've used this theme, so I don't really remember it. Great work bbt.

+1 - i wish all fonts were user definable.
    02-26-11 09:15 AM
    I Downloaded Metro White Blue with OS6 icons (for OS6) on my 9650. And although the list views, messages, sms, settings, is white with black text, the menus with you click the blackberry button is still black NOT white, as are the pop-up dialog boxes (see picture). Please update, so i can redownload.
    +1 - i wish all fonts were user definable.
    hey guys, i'm going to try to explain what is happening that you are seeing.

some areas of OS6 don't seem to support the user definable font size. It seems to be something to do with it being a beta of theme builder although I am not sure, all I know is there is something not working in this version of theme builder when it comes to user definable font.

the way it works is if the theme builder keeps fonts set to default the user will then be able to set their own style and size from within the device. so i kept the font default for this purpose. you will find most parts of the OS now support your own settings for font size/style that you set in device settings. any parts of the OS that you see do not support it (are the default bbalphasans size 8 or whatever it is) are limitations with the system (i have no control over that and cannot fix it without setting the font throughout the system as my own font size/style, which would then make it impossible for you the user to define your own font size/style from within the device).

i hope that was clear, just trying to explain it thoroughly so you know what is happening.

As for Metro White, I kept the menus/popups black as well to allow support for user-definable font size/style via options. If I made them white you would not be able to define your own font size for menus. I do say this in OS6 notes on the product description

would you all rather have white menus and non-user-definable font size/style for menus?

thanks for the feedback everyone! i will change the menus to white for metro white if you would prefer not having customizable font, i just thought you might like that!

best,

bbt
    02-27-11 03:09 PM

would you all rather have white menus and non-user-definable font size/style for menus?

thanks for the feedback everyone! i will change the menus to white for metro white if you would prefer not having customizable font, i just thought you might like that!

best,

bbt
    No! Keep the menus as is. Very few themes have the menu white because it would be a pain to read throughout the theme.
    02-27-11 03:43 PM
    Just. Download and installed rhe black on. My 9780 so far I am liking great work

02-27-11 07:02 PM
    Is it just me or does this not seem to be an issue with your Slate Theme?

Slate:

Metro:

Don't get me wrong... I love Metro, i actually prefer it to Slate, so I hope this isn't coming across as nit-picking
    Last edited by mdalgart; 02-27-11 at 08:11 PM.
    02-27-11 08:09 PM
    Is it just me or does this not seem to be an issue with your Slate Theme?

Don't get me wrong... I love Metro, i actually prefer it to Slate, so I hope this isn't coming across as nit-picking
    no not at all

the reason this is is because Slate uses default blue highlights, whereas Metro uses those custom horizontal blue highlights. with theme builder, as soon as you change the highlights it seems to break some of the ability to customize fonts

hope this is clear, it's something to consider when making themes, but i felt because most areas of the OS support customizable font sizes/style i would leave fonts default to support those areas. if i change the font then no areas would support customizable font size/style

let me know if you have any other questions!

best,

bbt
    02-28-11 08:33 PM
    No! Keep the menus as is. Very few themes have the menu white because it would be a pain to read throughout the theme.
    I'm totally agree with u man. +1 from me.
    03-01-11 02:56 AM
    First off, I wanted to say great theme, I'm so glad you made a 9780 version as I purchased the theme for the Torch but ended up switching devices! Luckily mobihand allows product swaps

So I read your response to the font in some menus not being user definable due to limitations in this version of themebuilder and I understand that this is out of your control. But I was wondering if you are at least able to change the size of the fonts that are not user-definable? I find that 8 pt font is a little big for the limited screen space on the 9780, 6 pt or 7 pt would look better! Is the font size something you can change without affecting the rest of the theme or is that also part of the font limitation?

In any case, thank you for making these themes! They're efficient and they look great

03-02-11 12:22 PM
    First off, I wanted to say great theme, I'm so glad you made a 9780 version as I purchased the theme for the Torch but ended up switching devices! Luckily mobihand allows product swaps

So I read your response to the font in some menus not being user definable due to limitations in this version of themebuilder and I understand that this is out of your control. But I was wondering if you are at least able to change the size of the fonts that are not user-definable? I find that 8 pt font is a little big for the limited screen space on the 9780, 6 pt or 7 pt would look better! Is the font size something you can change without affecting the rest of the theme or is that also part of the font limitation?

In any case, thank you for making these themes! They're efficient and they look great

I would TOTALLY love the Blue White with a 6 pt default... When it comes down to it i'd rather it be smaller if it can't be custom.
    03-02-11 03:48 PM

here is the hard part with setting the font, i tried to set it at a middle-of-the-range size, to appease everyone. where it's at right now seems to be a happy medium. the problem with going down to 6 or 7 is some would find that too small

i hope this makes sense, there's a lot of different preferences out there and it's always a feat to find what will appease the most people, but i'm always trying to improve. because the font has been set this way and adopted by so many who are now used to it that is something i wouldn't be comfortable changing at this stage, but i will definitely keep it in mind for future themes.

thanks so much, and glad you're enjoying the efficiency/looks of my themes that's exactly what I'm going for!

best,

bbt
    03-08-11 01:33 PM
    This theme is hotter than the devil's throne baby!!!
    So sharp I could cut myself just by lookin' at it.....
    blackberrytourer likes this.
    03-08-11 02:16 PM
    This theme is hotter than the devil's throne baby!!!
    So sharp I could cut myself just by lookin' at it.....
    haha thank you Brad!
    03-16-11 02:58 PM
    thx !!!!!!!!!
    03-19-11 07:04 AM
    thx !!!!!!!!!
    you're welcome!!!
    04-09-11 02:28 PM
    I see in your screenshots that the full date is shown, yet mine has the name of day shortened (i.e. Thursday = Thu). Is there a way to make it so that the full date shows?
    04-14-11 06:02 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD