Hey mate,

Can you make a version with the banner backgrounds black, in stead off transparent and 25% transparent.
    I would really appreciathe that, thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Here you go! [=

Black Banner Background Versions:
    Minimax 6.1.0.3 (Regular)
    Minimax 6.1.1.3 (Weather Slot)

As requested in another thread:

Big Clock Versions:

Minimax 6.1.0.4 (Regular)
    Minimax 6.1.1.4 (Weather Slot)
    Last edited by ahbengish; 05-07-11 at 02:42 PM.
    contactchris and FRanatic like this.
    05-07-11 01:24 PM
    Hi thanks for the great theme could you possibly post a link for the wallpapers you used?

Thanks

05-07-11 06:50 PM
    Hi,

I don't post too often on the forums, more a reader than a writer

But after using this theme for sometime I thought it would be rude not to say at least a thank you!

Also I was curious how you managed to setup the hotkeys and whether or not these are interchangeable. Some of the applications you've listed I do no use and would love to make some changes of my own to make this the perfect theme.
    05-08-11 04:11 PM
    Finally noticed another bug. Upon installing the theme and doing a battery pull, you get a dialogue box saying "java.null.pointerexception"...I did a security wipe on my phone and once the theme was installed this popped up.

05-08-11 06:27 PM
    It is a third party theme error .. Have you got any other 3rd party themes installed on ur device .. If yes delete them one by one and do battery pull ..

05-08-11 06:54 PM
    I do not. Only rocking this one.

05-08-11 08:10 PM
    Using the grey banner version right now with some bright spring wallpapers, looks great!

Thank you for sharing

05-10-11 03:17 AM
    It's just getting better! I LOVE the black banner version!
    Thank u so much man!
    05-11-11 12:47 AM
    Hiiiii... can u plzz share the WHITE PANDA wallpaper pls.. i js simply love tht one.. pls share it if u can...
    05-13-11 04:19 PM
    Like it, Love it.
    I'm a sucker for Minimal Theme's and hotkeys.
    You gave us both, with a big clock to top it off !

Thanks.
    05-14-11 04:56 AM
    Hi,

I don't post too often on the forums, more a reader than a writer

But after using this theme for sometime I thought it would be rude not to say at least a thank you!

Also I was curious how you managed to setup the hotkeys and whether or not these are interchangeable. Some of the applications you've listed I do no use and would love to make some changes of my own to make this the perfect theme.
    Let me know what hotkeys you'd like and which version of the theme you use and I can make a custom version of the theme when I have time. [=

Finally noticed another bug. Upon installing the theme and doing a battery pull, you get a dialogue box saying "java.null.pointerexception"...I did a security wipe on my phone and once the theme was installed this popped up.

Thanks for the bug report, I could not duplicate the bug though. Does it occur only once when you do a battery pull?

Hi thanks for the great theme could you possibly post a link for the wallpapers you used?

Thanks

Hiiiii... can u plzz share the WHITE PANDA wallpaper pls.. i js simply love tht one.. pls share it if u can...
    Sure, I've uploaded the wallpapers I've used to my photobucket album:

Pictures by ahbengish - Photobucket
    05-15-11 03:58 AM
    +1 on the java exception error.
    I think it's triggered by Theme Builder when using a custom theme (opposed to the os6 zen template).

I have had this error before on my device with more than 1 other theme's.
    OS version is afaik not related, since I've seen the same issue on different os versions (official and hybrid).
    Possibly it's device related. Mine is a 9700 and has the java exception error on boot. Other than that, it actually doesn't affect anything, as far as I can tell.

05-15-11 04:11 AM
    You are awesome. This is my first post after lurking for a few months and I felt compelled to tell you your themes are exactly what I've been looking for. Your quick replies and your willingness to take suggestions is a pleasure to deal with. Thanks again.
    05-16-11 04:02 PM
    The message only does come up on a battery pull, yes.

I believe I found where the pointer error may be. When i back out of the browser and reopen it afterwards, whatever page im only becomes highlighted like i selected text.
    Last edited by canook; 05-16-11 at 07:00 PM.
    05-16-11 06:56 PM
    After a few days of use, I'm starting to get used to your set of hotkeys. Not nearly using all of them, but my needs are covered.
    Luckily you have the 'hidden icon' set to the first app on the appscreen. That way I can still easily access my messages (the hotkey for twitter is default for messages when language is set to dutch).

Things that would make this theme even more appealing, would be the PB battery and signal meters in color and adding the current profile icon somewhere on the homescreen (just the icon, no need for a shortcut to profiles). I know the latter
    makes it less minimalistic, but essential imho.

Just some feedback. Really liking this theme !

And regarding the java exception error on boot: For which device was the theme initially build for ?
    I know TB asks which theme you want to build. So a theme built for 9780, will work on 9700 (resolution wise), but will display the error (hardware wise).
    I hope you understand what I'm saying here. If we know which device its compiled for by TB, then we could determine if this causes the error.
    Last edited by FRanatic; 05-17-11 at 10:25 AM.
    05-17-11 10:18 AM
    Minimax - Ultra-minimalistic OS6 theme with maximal functionality
    Compatible with any 480x360 device (9650/9700/9780) running OS6

Minimax was initially meant to be a theme for myself and a few friends with two goals: to explore how minimalistic yet functional I could build a theme, and to plan out a large set of hotkeys that could mostly replace QuickLaunch in my daily usage, but could be easily picked up by others as well.

Since I am quite satisfied with how it turned out, I decided to polish it up for release to the community. This is my first released theme, do enjoy and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Features:
    • 24 hotkeys (Tried to make them as logical as I could - apps that need to be switched between frequently as one-key hotkeys, others as shift+key combinations. Do try to remember some of them if you can, you might find that you almost never need to even go to the app menu!)
    • Small memory footprint
    • Extremely wallpaper-friendly
    • 6.1 icons
    • FAST - No transitions!
    • Ample space for up to 5 notification icons
    • Pixel-perfect alignment
    • Default wallpaper has hotkey list for ease of initial familiarization
    • Hidden button on home screen which launches 1st app in your app menu, scroll up to Signal meter to launch Manage Connections

Changelog:
    6.1.0.0:
    Initial version
    6.1.0.1:
    Switched to correct set of 6.1 icons
    Shifted overlapping lock icon
    Weather slot version
    6.1.0.2 & 6.1.1.2
    25% transparent banner background versions
    6.1.0.3 & 6.1.1.3
    Black banner background versions
    6.1.0.4 & 6.1.1.4
    Big clock versions

Hotkeys:
    $: SMS/MMS
    0: Profiles
    E: Twitter/UberSocial
    I: Pictures
    J: Manage Connections
    K: Clock
    Z: Muzik
    F: Facebook
    G: Google Maps
    R: Opera Mini
    S: Universal Search
    W: WhatsApp
    Shift+A: App World
    Shift+B: BerryBuzz
    Shift+C: Camera
    Shift+D: Dictionary
    Shift+M: MeterBerry
    Shift+N: Voice Notes
    Shift+V: Video Recorder
    Shift+F: FileScout
    Shift+G: Grooveshark
    Shift+R: RepliGo Reader
    Shift+S: Social Feeds
    Shift+W: BerryWeather

Note:
    Minimax is meant to be used with "Application Shortcuts" enabled. To enable, go to Options -> Display -> Home Screen Preferences and set "Launch by Typing" to "Application Shortcuts".

lucky45 & sabisgeek for extracting and resizing 6.1 icons
    other minimalist themers whose work has inspired me in the past, especially dagobah30, Ducaticorse and wu-wei

Regular Version:

Minimax 6.1.0.1 OTA

Weather Slot Version:
    In this version, weather slot corresponds to 1st app in app menu and hidden button corresponds to 2nd app - it's below the weather slot.

Minimax 6.1.1.1 OTA

25% Transparent Banner Background Versions:
    I personally prefer the ultra-clean look of having no banner backgrounds at all, but as requested, here they are for use with brighter wallpapers.

Minimax 6.1.0.2 (Regular)
    Minimax 6.1.1.2 (Weather Slot)

Black Banner Background Versions:
    Minimax 6.1.0.3 (Regular)
    Minimax 6.1.1.3 (Weather Slot)

Big Clock Versions:

Minimax 6.1.0.4 (Regular)
    Minimax 6.1.1.4 (Weather Slot)

05-17-11 11:03 AM
    +1 on the java exception error.
    I think it's triggered by Theme Builder when using a custom theme (opposed to the os6 zen template).

I have had this error before on my device with more than 1 other theme's.
    OS version is afaik not related, since I've seen the same issue on different os versions (official and hybrid).
    Possibly it's device related. Mine is a 9700 and has the java exception error on boot. Other than that, it actually doesn't affect anything, as far as I can tell.

The message only does come up on a battery pull, yes.

I believe I found where the pointer error may be. When i back out of the browser and reopen it afterwards, whatever page im only becomes highlighted like i selected text.
    And regarding the java exception error on boot: For which device was the theme initially build for ?
    I know TB asks which theme you want to build. So a theme built for 9780, will work on 9700 (resolution wise), but will display the error (hardware wise).
    I hope you understand what I'm saying here. If we know which device its compiled for by TB, then we could determine if this causes the error.
    @canook: What device/hybrid are you using?

I'd like to track down the bug, but I'm using a 9700 with 6.0.0.534 official and can't duplicate the bug. The themes are all built for 9700, in theme builder I can only see options to build for 9650 and 9700, not 9780? Since it occurs on FRanatic's 9700 too, I suspect that might not be it.

After a few days of use, I'm starting to get used to your set of hotkeys. Not nearly using all of them, but my needs are covered.
    Luckily you have the 'hidden icon' set to the first app on the appscreen. That way I can still easily access my messages (the hotkey for twitter is default for messages when language is set to dutch).

Things that would make this theme even more appealing, would be the PB battery and signal meters in color and adding the current profile icon somewhere on the homescreen (just the icon, no need for a shortcut to profiles). I know the latter
    makes it less minimalistic, but essential imho.

Just some feedback. Really liking this theme !
    When I was first creating the theme, I did experiment with adding a profile icon and colored meters but yeah I felt they took away from the theme's minimalism so I didn't include them. But sure, I can see how it's useful for others, so I'll make a not-so-minimalistic version with those! [= It'll take a bit more work though, so I'll do it this weekend.
    FRanatic likes this.
    05-17-11 11:24 PM
    I'd like to track down the bug, but I'm using a 9700 with 6.0.0.534 official and can't duplicate the bug. The themes are all built for 9700, in theme builder I can only see options to build for 9650 and 9700, not 9780? Since it occurs on FRanatic's 9700 too, I suspect that might not be it.
    So if it's not device related, it must be OS (lol...what else)
    I think I know what causes it though.

I have run this theme on .546 official and currently on a hybrid .570 FJ over .546 both giving me the exception error.
    The thing both installs have in common is the fact that I have shrunk out the theme's. My best guess is that causes the error.

When I was first creating the theme, I did experiment with adding a profile icon and colored meters but yeah I felt they took away from the theme's minimalism so I didn't include them. But sure, I can see how it's useful for others, so I'll make a not-so-minimalistic version with those! [= It'll take a bit more work though, so I'll do it this weekend.
    Awesome !! Don't sweat it, take your time ! You are willing to put in your time, least we can do is be patient AND very gratefull !!
    05-18-11 10:06 AM
    I got a confirm on my theory.
    When not shrinking the theme on the same OS (hybrid) install I'm running the java exception error does NOT occurr.

So it's not TB and/or theme related this 'bug'.
    Maybe this weekend I'll re-install my OS with the default theme, to get rid of the error.
    I'll report back with my findings on that.

05-19-11 02:33 AM
    Just out of curiosity... It's been very quiet the past week.

Are you still working on and/or improving this theme with the recently released TB final ?
    Still hoping to see those colored meters and profile icon on the hoemscreen.

Also I did some testing. The java exception error after each boot is caused due to shrinking out the theme's before installing the OS.
    So if the default/standard themes are present there's NO error.
    RC211V likes this.
    05-26-11 09:12 AM
    A bug with this version:

6.1.0.2 & 6.1.1.2

- "G" Opens both Google Maps and Google Talk at the same time

shift+G only opens Google Talk (which is good but i would prefer g for talk shift+g for maps, most people IMO would as well).

Edit: I think the bug is a bit more complicated. Seems your shortcuts clashes with the systems defaults. If I have universal search on for the theme, pressing "f" would open facebook AND universal search with "f" inside. The same happens with every one of your shortcuts.

If I have app shortcuts on for the theme. This works better but like I said G opens both talk and maps.
    Last edited by hahree; 05-30-11 at 01:05 AM.
    05-29-11 11:26 PM
    A bug with this version:

6.1.0.2 & 6.1.1.2

- "G" Opens both Google Maps and Google Talk at the same time

shift+G only opens Google Talk (which is good but i would prefer g for talk shift+g for maps, most people IMO would as well).

Edit: I think the bug is a bit more complicated. Seems your shortcuts clashes with the systems defaults. If I have universal search on for the theme, pressing "f" would open facebook AND universal search with "f" inside. The same happens with every one of your shortcuts.

If I have app shortcuts on for the theme. This works better but like I said G opens both talk and maps.
    What you need to do is activate keyboard shortcurts in the theme settings. I believe it is stated in red in the first post.

Also, the G shortcut isn't a 'bug' the theme is coded that way. But I do believe that G should be reserved for Talk and not for Maps.
    05-30-11 01:48 AM
    Yea, i just saw that.

But does "G" open both maps and talk for you as well, and shift+G opens talk only ? You don't think that's a bug ?

For me it slows down opening maps and i had a couple connectivity error this way. I don't usually use google talk so it's not running in the background. I use trillian mostly for all IMs. So this is like opening two fresh apps at the same time.

I would remove talk but it's good to have it around when trillian is down.
    05-30-11 02:54 AM
    Great theme! I have a few requests/suggestions
    1. Sound profile icon
    2. move wireless and BIS icon to right side by signal
    3. Clicking on the network status would give same behaviour as default theme (allowing to set alarms, etc as well as manage connections)
    4. Allow universal search (i don't use shortcuts)
    05-31-11 02:44 PM
    Love it! By far the most functional app I've ever used. All the shortcuts are AWESOME! Thank you so much for the upload.

Last edited by lavendear; 05-31-11 at 03:22 PM.
    henghs likes this.
    05-31-11 03:19 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD