09-27-15 09:37 AM
94 1234
tools
    Could suggest looking at a right align on the pair however as a 12-hour time format pulls the time out of the box on a sub 10 hour.
    That's odd! It doesn't on mine. However I'm tinkering with using a right-align as you suggest...

CB
    09-27-11 04:26 AM
    I think "Alt + E" should be "File Manager Pro" or "FileScout". The built in File Manager is less features (cannot do anything w compressed files....) so I don't think many people would use it.
    I've been thinking about investing in a better file management utility for a while and your comment was the catalyst required to make me do something! I'm now testing both these apps with a view to buying one. Will then see about adding that shortcut...

Moreover, suddenly I think if you change the shortcuts like that, there will be no advantage over using 3rd party apps like "Quicklaunch", "Hotkey Mangager"...
    True. I'm a QuickLaunch user myself and these shortcut keys certainly mean that I use it less. But that doesn't mean that I don't want the shortcut keys.

CB
    09-27-11 04:34 AM
    I've now added v4.x variants onto the OP. These change the theme hotkeys/shortcuts to Alt+ versions as discussed above. Apologies for the delay - a couple of the planned shortcuts wouldn't work properly and had to be changed slightly. I've also right-justified the time and date as suggested by me02 above and I agree that I think it looks better than before.

My current homescreen (using BerryWeather on top of my wallpaper) looks like:

Hope you enjoy.

CB
    eddietta likes this.
    09-29-11 07:20 AM
    Hi CelticBerry,

Is there any way to change the icons in "Options" to match with OS7 look? Btw, thanks for the great theme, this is the only 3rd party theme I love to use so far and probably will stick with it for a long time!
    09-29-11 11:16 AM
    Hi, I like the new 4.x revision but would like to use the old shortcuts.
    Is it possible this way?

Q - Unassigned (because it confuses the 'vibrate' toggle)
    W - Unassigned (deliberately - I use it for BerryWeather)
    E - Twitter
    R - Opera Browser
    T - Tasks (standard shortcut)
    Y - Yahoo messenger (standard shortcut)
    U - Calculator (standard shortcut)
    I - File Scout
    O - Options (standard shortcut)
    P - Pictures
    A - Address Book / Contacts (standard shortcut)
    S - Universal Search
    D - Memos (standard shortcut)
    F - Facebook
    G - Google maps
    H - Social Feeds
    J - Music (Jukebox!)
    K - Keyboard lock (standard shortcut)
    L - Calendar (standard shortcut)
    Z - Repligo Reader
    X - Dictionary App
    C - Contacts (standard shortcut)
    V - Saved Messages (standard shortcut)
    B - Browser (standard shortcut)
    N - BBM (standard shortcut)
    M - Messages (email) (standard shortcut)
    $ - SMS
    0 - Profiles

Thank you
    09-30-11 10:08 PM
    Hi CelticBerry,

Is there any way to change the icons in "Options" to match with OS7 look? Btw, thanks for the great theme, this is the only 3rd party theme I love to use so far and probably will stick with it for a long time!
    I'm afraid there's not - RIM's Theme Builder software only lets you change the icons on the home screen and the apps screen.

Glad you like the theme anyway.

CB
    Last edited by CelticBerry; 10-01-11 at 05:53 AM.
    10-01-11 05:49 AM
    Hi, I like the new 4.x revision but would like to use the old shortcuts.
    Is it possible this way?

Q - Unassigned (because it confuses the 'vibrate' toggle)
    W - Unassigned (deliberately - I use it for BerryWeather)
    E - Twitter
    R - Opera Browser
    T - Tasks (standard shortcut)
    Y - Yahoo messenger (standard shortcut)
    U - Calculator (standard shortcut)
    I - File Scout
    O - Options (standard shortcut)
    P - Pictures
    A - Address Book / Contacts (standard shortcut)
    S - Universal Search
    D - Memos (standard shortcut)
    F - Facebook
    G - Google maps
    H - Social Feeds
    J - Music (Jukebox!)
    K - Keyboard lock (standard shortcut)
    L - Calendar (standard shortcut)
    Z - Repligo Reader
    X - Dictionary App
    C - Contacts (standard shortcut)
    V - Saved Messages (standard shortcut)
    B - Browser (standard shortcut)
    N - BBM (standard shortcut)
    M - Messages (email) (standard shortcut)
    $ - SMS
    0 - Profiles

Thank you
    Well the only change from 3.x to 4.x apart from the change to Alt+ shortcuts was the right-justification of the time and date - is that what you mean? I'm happy to update the 3.x themes to include this if you'd like?

CB
    10-01-11 05:55 AM
    I love your theme. This is so simple and professional looking. Thank you for creating it and keeping it free.
    10-01-11 10:49 AM
    Well the only change from 3.x to 4.x apart from the change to Alt+ shortcuts was the right-justification of the time and date - is that what you mean? I'm happy to update the 3.x themes to include this if you'd like?

CB
    Yes, please include the right justification of the time and date. I really hope you can update the shortcuts based from the list I made as I'm not into alt+ shortcuts since it's like using quick launch.

Thank you very much
    10-01-11 11:07 AM
    I myself also prefer version 3.x.x. It will be great if you just make the right justification of the time and date for it! Thank you CB! All the best!
    10-02-11 12:45 AM
    Hi, thanks for all your great work, excellent theme. Btw would you mind sharing the wall paper you're using? If I activate berry weather I'm having a hard time keeping the same wp. Thanks a lot
    10-02-11 04:12 PM
    I myself also prefer version 3.x.x. It will be great if you just make the right justification of the time and date for it! Thank you CB! All the best!
    Just now updated all the v3.x's to have this right-justified time and date.

Yes, please include the right justification of the time and date. I really hope you can update the shortcuts based from the list I made as I'm not into alt+ shortcuts since it's like using quick launch.
    Unfortunately I can't really change the shortcuts to suit each individual's preferences otherwise there would be dozens of different versions (and it would become a full-time job!). I've tried to get the main ones but obviously this leave a few not quite the way people want - sorry.

I love your theme. This is so simple and professional looking. Thank you for creating it and keeping it free.
    You're welcome Laura - glad you like it.

Hi, thanks for all your great work, excellent theme. Btw would you mind sharing the wall paper you're using? If I activate berry weather I'm having a hard time keeping the same wp. Thanks a lot
    No problem - here you are:

Cheers,
    CB
    Last edited by CelticBerry; 10-03-11 at 05:20 AM.
    eddietta likes this.
    10-03-11 05:12 AM
    Thanks a lot.
    10-03-11 08:47 AM
    Would you please check the "Manage Connections" shortcut version 3.3.4? It's now Alt + Y to proceed instead of Y. Thanks CB! Cheers!
    10-05-11 12:34 AM
    Ooops! So it was. I experimented with the Alt+Y early on in preperation for v4.x. I've now re-compiled and re-uploaded so hopefully all fixed. Sorry for the mistake.

CB
    eddietta likes this.
    10-05-11 02:57 AM
    It's ok, thank you very much for your great work! Love the theme!

1 small wish: Can you please make E shortcut for "File Manager Pro"? I know its a 3rd party app but it is popular and more convenient to use than the original Files manager...
    Last edited by eddietta; 10-05-11 at 11:31 PM.
    10-05-11 10:31 AM
    Hi Celticberry,

is there a way for me to edit the theme and put my own shortcuts? atleast that way I won't be wasting your time. Thanks
    10-07-11 10:49 PM
    So I installed the v 4.0.0. When I click Home Screen Preferences, which is under (Options -> Display -> Home Screen Preferences), nothing happened. It just returned to where it was, which is on the Display options. Is it supposed to be like this?
    10-09-11 11:05 AM
    1 small wish: Can you please make E shortcut for "File Manager Pro"? I know its a 3rd party app but it is popular and more convenient to use than the original Files manager...
    I'm going to try and adjust the theme so that when Alt+E is pressed it first looks for File Manager Pro, then FileScout, then defaults to the built-in 'Files' if neither of those are found...

Hi Celticberry,
    is there a way for me to edit the theme and put my own shortcuts? atleast that way I won't be wasting your time. Thanks
    Not unless you fancy trying to manually edit .svg files and then re-compile the theme on Theme Builder? And if you can do all that then you'd probably just want to build your own theme anyways tbh - you'd have done most of the work involved by then!

So I installed the v 4.0.0. When I click Home Screen Preferences, which is under (Options -> Display -> Home Screen Preferences), nothing happened. It just returned to where it was, which is on the Display options. Is it supposed to be like this?
    It's a known bug that appeared in OS v6.0.0.450 onwards I believe when using 3rd party themes - they all do this. Hopefully RIM will fix it in a new release fairly soon.

Cheers,
    CB
    10-10-11 04:32 AM

It's a known bug that appeared in OS v6.0.0.450 onwards I believe when using 3rd party themes - they all do this. Hopefully RIM will fix it in a new release fairly soon.

Cheers,
    CB
    Now that you said that I remembered about that bugs when I wanted to upgrade my OS. I think I read it somewhere and someone had the fix, if I'm not mistaken by injecting COD, something which I'm not very familiar . But I couldn't find it.

By the way, is it possible to integrate the pull down notification menu, like the one on the stock OS6 theme into this one. Because I find it very useful if we have many notifications.
    10-10-11 10:38 AM
    I'm going to try and adjust the theme so that when Alt+E is pressed it first looks for File Manager Pro, then FileScout, then defaults to the built-in 'Files' if neither of those are found...
    This is great! Please make it for version 3.x.x with single E shortcut too! Thank you very much!
    10-11-11 02:22 PM
    Been using this for a while. Fantastic theme.
    10-18-11 05:02 PM
    Been using this for a while. Fantastic theme.
    Glad you like it.

My apologies to anyone waiting for the new version with File Scout / File Explorer Pro shortcuts. Been very busy work-wise and just about to go on vacation for a week so it might not get done until I'm back - sorry.

CB
    10-20-11 02:48 AM
    Glad you like it.

My apologies to anyone waiting for the new version with File Scout / File Explorer Pro shortcuts. Been very busy work-wise and just about to go on vacation for a week so it might not get done until I'm back - sorry.

CB
    Dw, take your time! Have a nice holiday!
    10-20-11 06:32 AM
    Hi CelticBerry,

How was your holiday? It seems this project stopped? If you are still around, just want to let you know that version 4.2.0 and 4.3.0, the time and date haven't been right-justified yet.

Hope for your reply soon because I dont want the transitions at all... it makes slower and probably causes more battery drain...

Thank you!
    Last edited by eddietta; 12-21-11 at 06:38 PM.
    12-14-11 06:48 AM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD