This theme (actually 12 versions) is based largely on 'Deathcommand's Minimal 7 theme and much/most of the credit needs to go to him for developing it. I liked it because of the very wallpaper friendly semi-transparent mask used (which is perfect for using with BerryWeather!) and it's shortcut usage. I wanted to change a few things however so I used his screen mask and developed my own version...

Minimalist 2

There are two versions - Minimalist 2 (above) has no hotspots at all on the screen - just one hidden one which when the touchpad is clicked brings up the clock - and Minimalist 1 (below) which has the hidden one but also access to the sound profiles icon and the manage connections icon.

Minimalist 1

I deliberately kept the menu backgrounds opaque because I found the half-transparent ones slightly distracting in the original.

I've not changed from the stock OS6 icons - although I might be persuaded to use a set of OS7 icons if people particularly want them.

Also the lock screen uses the homescreen wallpaper - so when you change it to your favourite it should use that.

There are a number of shortcut keys on the homescreen as follows:-

Q - Unassigned (because it confuses the 'vibrate' toggle)
    W - Unassigned (deliberately - I use it for BerryWeather)
    E - Files
    R - Pictures (New)
    T - Tasks (standard shortcut)
    Y - Manage connections
    U - Calculator (standard shortcut)
    I - Twitter
    O - Options (standard shortcut)
    P - Password Keeper (standard shortcut for this is Phone - but seems pointless to me!)
    A - Address Book / Contacts (standard shortcut)
    S - Universal Search
    D - Memos (standard shortcut)
    F - Facebook
    G - Google maps
    H - Help (standard shortcut)
    J - Music (Jukebox!)
    K - Keyboard lock (standard shortcut)
    L - Calendar (standard shortcut)
    Z - App(z) World (New)
    X - BlackBerry maps
    C - Contacts (standard shortcut)
    V - Saved Messages (standard shortcut)
    B - Browser (standard shortcut)
    N - BBM (standard shortcut)
    M - Messages (email) (standard shortcut)
    $ - SMS
    0 - Profiles

OTA Downloads are:

Minimalist 1: http://db.tt/vfk90kF (Hotspots)
    Minimalist 2: http://db.tt/VdI7MNq (No hotspots)

Minimalist 1.1: http://db.tt/EwfLKta (As v1 but touchpad points to apps screen, apps screen background changed)
    Minimalist 2.1: http://db.tt/LIKNsAq (As v2 but touchpad points to apps screen, apps screen background changed)

Minimalist 3.0.4: http://db.tt/lhKQx2Y (As v1 but OS7 icons)
    Minimalist 3.1.4: http://db.tt/tpByNAN (As v2 but OS7 icons)
    Minimalist 3.2.4: http://db.tt/WWE537t (As 3.0 but no transitions)
    Minimalist 3.3.4: http://db.tt/epgozdz (As 3.1 but no transitions)

PLEASE NOTE: A battery pull will be necessary in order to fully switch over to this OS7 theme once installed.

New:
    Minimalist 4.0.0: http://db.tt/It2JGiU0 (As 3.0 but Alt+ hotkeys - see below)
    Minimalist 4.1.0: http://db.tt/zLF3nCL2 (As 3.1 but Alt+ hotkeys - see below)
    Minimalist 4.2.0: http://db.tt/dE7TKwUG (As 3.2 but Alt+ hotkeys - see below)
    Minimalist 4.3.0: http://db.tt/yv3qXx7j (As 3.3 but Alt+ hotkeys - see below)

In v4.x the hotkeys have been changed so as not to interfere with either the built-in hotkey shortcuts or any speed dial shortcuts that the user might set. Hence the hotkey shortcuts for this version are:-

Standard Shortcuts:
    Q - Vibrate Profile Toggle
    T - Tasks
    U - Calculator
    O - Options
    P - Phone
    A - Address Book / Contacts
    D - Memos
    H - Help
    K - Keyboard Lock
    L - Calendar
    C - Contacts
    V - Saved Messages
    B - Browser
    N - BBM
    M - Messages

Theme Shortcuts:
    $ - SMS
    0 - Profiles

Alt+E - Files
    Alt+R - Pictures
    Alt+T - Twitter
    Alt+Y - Manage Connections ('Y' looks like an antenna! )
    Alt+P - Password Keeper
    Alt+A - App World
    Alt+S - Universal Search
    Alt+F - Facebook
    Alt+O - Google Maps
    Alt+X - BlackBerry Maps (Ummm... 'X' marks the spot?)
    Alt+V - Videos
    Alt+I - Music

V3.x with OS7 icons (and dark Calendar icon)

And finally, a screenshot of how I use the theme myself - with BerryWeather in max size homescreen mode!

Enjoy,
    CB

PS: Happy to make a few tweaks and changes if people want - let me know.
    Last edited by CelticBerry; 10-03-11 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Updated v3.0.4, 3.1.4, 3.2.4, 3.3.4
    09-03-11 06:38 AM
    Is there a way to make this compatible with the BB 9300? Thanks
    amanda.m.tietsort likes this.
    09-03-11 03:35 PM
    Thanks CB! May I ask if you can make Minimalist 2 but the hidden hotspot calling the app screen (icon tray) instead of the the clock?

Edit: OS7 icons also if possible?
    Last edited by alfons1; 09-03-11 at 10:45 PM.
    09-03-11 07:44 PM
    Hi is it possible to have no transitions in this theme? I love this theme otherwise!
    09-03-11 09:53 PM
    yeah no transition is more faster, i agree with this hehe
    09-03-11 11:37 PM
    this is a dope theme! using it now on my bold, it looks sweet!!
    if you dont mind, could you make a version that has: 6.1 icons, "q" for pictures, "r" for shortcutme, "w" for whatsapp and "a" for blackberry app world? if you can't, im cool with it haha
    Last edited by jman94; 09-04-11 at 02:02 AM. Reason: added another key suggestion
    09-04-11 01:59 AM
    Very nice theme among the minimalist bunch! (Minimal 7, Leebo, Bare_v121, etc.). Loaded minimalist 1.

Another vote for the OS7.0 icon set. BTW very nice default wallpaper. I like the transitions. As well, I was always impressed with the Minimal 7 app page background with the blend. This ones a little more pixalated.

Can you check the network status indicators. Don't seem to be working quite right on the switch between Wi-fi and 3G. (seems stuck on the 3G) and doesn't show on the app page.
    09-04-11 10:08 AM
    Is there a way to make this compatible with the BB 9300? Thanks
    Sorry no - different screen size essentially means starting from scratch - plus I've not got a 9300 to test it on.

May I ask if you can make Minimalist 2 but the hidden hotspot calling the app screen (icon tray) instead of the the clock?

Edit: OS7 icons also if possible?
    Changing the hidden hotspot not a problem - will generate a version like that. OS7 icons - per the various requests - will take a little longer but I'll get something out in the next few days.

Hi is it possible to have no transitions in this theme?
    Will generate a transitions-free version also.

Can you check the network status indicators.
    Seems to work fine on my device - did you do a bat pull?

I've taken the other comments on board too and will see what variants I can generate in the coming days.

Cheers & thanks for the feeback.

CB
    09-04-11 01:22 PM
    Thanks a million CB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 10:29 AM
    Have now added v1.1 and v2.1. Basically the touchpad now calls the apps screen instead of the clock. Also changed the background on the app screen to something slightly plainer.

More to follow...

Cheers,
    CB
    alfons1 likes this.
    09-05-11 11:30 AM
    Added v3.0, 3.1, 3.2, and 3.3 to original post above.

v3.0 and 3.1 are the same as v1 and v2 - except OS7 icons have now been swapped into the theme and the app background changed for the standard OS7 background.

v3.2 and 3.2 are the same as 3.0 and 3.1 respectively except all transitions have been removed.

I've pointed the touchpad back to activating the clock since I saw little point in it activating the app screen - the menu button right next to it does this already! A few other minor tweaks added.

May add some of the requested extra shortcuts in shortly.

The only other thing I want to change is to switch the various folder icons to their OS7 version - but I'm not yet sure if this is possible. Will investigate.

PLEASE NOTE: A battery pull will be necessary in order to fully switch over to this OS7 theme once installed.

Cheers,
    CB
    alfons1 and toiletbowl like this.
    09-07-11 09:36 AM
    zoc hybrid and your theme is a fantastic combination so fr**king fast run like h**l

Maraming Salamat CB!!
    Last edited by toiletbowl; 09-07-11 at 08:01 PM.
    09-07-11 07:42 PM
    A quick update this morning to the 3.x versions from yesterday. Mainly to fix a small bug in the time display that I noticed last night - but also to add in a couple of new (requested) shortcuts.

Q - Pictures
    R - App World

I haven't (and won't) add any 3rd party app shortcuts because simply they're not universal - not everyone uses these applications.

Will add these shortcuts to v1 and v2 in due course.

CB
    09-08-11 03:40 AM
    Thanks for the great work! Just 1 thing, can you please make the shortcuts (not standard ones) work while in the apps screen?
    09-08-11 02:11 PM
    Thanks for the great work! Just 1 thing, can you please make the shortcuts (not standard ones) work while in the apps screen?
    Sadly this isn't possible in RIM's current version of Theme Builder, sorry.

CB
    bpanesar likes this.
    09-09-11 06:07 AM
    Have just updated all the 3.x versions again. This does two things:

1) Fixes a bug whereby the BlackBerry 'B's didn't really track the data lock from WiFi to 3G and back again on the home screen.

2) I've changed the calendar icon to a darker version so that there's better contrast with the light grey date font - see below.

Cheers,
    CB
    eddietta and me02 like this.
    09-09-11 06:10 AM
    Great theme for showing off colorful wallpapers. And light on the 9700 resources as well.

09-10-11 08:38 AM
    Hi CelticBerry,

Can you make shortcuts and Speed Dial work at the same time?
    09-11-11 09:19 AM
    Hey Eddietta,

They work on mine - I'd suggest a few batt pulls and some 'bedding in' and hopefully that'll fix it.

CB
    09-11-11 05:32 PM
    Hey Eddietta,

They work on mine - I'd suggest a few batt pulls and some 'bedding in' and hopefully that'll fix it.

CB
    All shortcuts work? Mine only the standard shortcuts are fine The rest when I press and hold for a few seconds, the apps always launch first and there ll be no Speed Dial... Are they fine on yours?
    09-11-11 06:35 PM
    When you say "only the standard shortcuts are fine", do you mean the speed dial shortcuts or the app shortcuts? Either way, both work fine on mine. A very quick key press for the app shortcuts and a longer continuous press for the quick dial (and make sure that you don't accidentally 'bounce' the key otherwise you might get both.

I did have some issues with it trying to launch both at the beginning but a few batt pull resets seemed to resolve the issue.

Cheers,
    CB
    eddietta likes this.
    09-12-11 04:06 AM
    Can you unassign the Q shortcut - its used by default to switch the profile from normal to quiet (vibrate). Works on the app screen fine.

Thanks,

me02
    09-12-11 10:11 AM
    Will do - will update in the next couple of days and switch it to something else.

CB
    09-12-11 03:20 PM
    i would love to see a hidden today version of this theme-- even if only for calendar entries!
    09-14-11 01:32 AM
    when i press M it goes to search option not in messages how do i fix this
    09-14-11 02:46 AM
94 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD