Hey Folks, this is a quick 'open beta' for a little proof of concept theme I made.
    The idea behind it is to use the Trackpad on the homescreen to swipe the edges of the screen into view. If you swipe down, an options screen will swipe down. Swiping up will swipe up your six zen icons. Swiping left will swipe in the main menu from the left etc.

Even though the theme is fully functional and nicely useable, please note that the current stage is a PROOF OF CONCEPT stage. If it works out, Today screen, a refined options menu and more customisation might be possible.
    So please, feel free to download and shoot me any problems, concerns and ideas.

Know issues:
    -Options Menu is preliminary. For example is highlighted text not nicely readable.
    -depending on trackpad sensitivity, you might 'overswipe' and pull down a screen
    -profiles icon and coverage icon had to be removed from the homescreen (for now)
    -"new" icon (the little star) is cut off

DOWNLOAD HERE OTA

PS: Yes, one of the "RIGHT"s in the image should say left, too lazy to fix right now
    Last edited by elmorro; 04-15-11 at 07:03 PM.
    FRanatic and creepy09 like this.
    04-15-11 06:54 PM
    The concept is nice. Will give it a go later!
    04-15-11 07:12 PM
    I've seen a few themes in my time. However, this one is by far the most unique I've seen. Thanks for sharing!
    04-15-11 08:19 PM
    Wow, great concept.
    Great look.
    I'll be following this development and be testing your betas.
    I sure hope you are able to overcome the homescreen and cutoff icon issues.

Make sure to stick in all the hotkeys I am used to in there
    Last edited by FRanatic; 04-16-11 at 02:19 AM.
    04-16-11 02:17 AM
    I've tried this theme and the idea is nice actually. It's not my kinda theme yet since I prefer solid docks that don't get hidden and as much as possible have around 9 icons on that dock plus extra shortcuts, like the OS 6.1 mini icon theme around here.

I have however had the chance to try this one and well test it for a while and I have noticed that there are times when i "swipe" the function does not respond.

Also when i swipe up to show the icons, i can't seem to hide it back no matter how i swipe down or on every direction. I tried pressing back and nothing happened too but after repeated swipes it got fixed.

The problem does not necessarily occur all the time but there had been instances.

Hope that helps. Looking forward to "more" innovations and updates on this though
    04-16-11 02:28 AM
    I install OTA. It works, just like you said. But when I tried to switch back to the default theme, I got an app error 602. Maybe it was because I was running on 9700, but when everything rebooted I was forced to delete from phone as I couldn't activate back to main theme.
    04-16-11 10:32 AM
    I like it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-11 12:03 PM
    Love it! Very wallpaper friendly and very unique user navigation... ONLY thing i would add would be the hotspot key $ for sms messages... Great wurk! Looking forward to the complete/final theme!

04-18-11 01:17 AM
    anybody care to share some screenshots?
    04-18-11 02:08 AM
    Ok one thing I've noticed that might need some adressing to is the following:

When the bottom dock is 'open' I like to close it by swiping it down again. This works, but for a moment the options screen flashes before returning to an empty homescreen.

The rest of the navigation works just fine. It's sensitive, but works just fine.

Last thing I would like to point out, is that this theme would rock even more with the 6.1 icons !
    04-18-11 05:08 AM
    I will have an update for this real soon! I thank you so much for all your feedback.
    New features will include:

- Franatic: Flicking is solved
    - 'Options' now looks like the rest of OS6
    - the theme will have a unique 'look' with custom, yet familiar icons
    - there will be a weather slot (if wanted) !!! AN ELMORRO FIRST!
    - SMS "$" keyboard shortcut
    - The homescreen will be more self-explanatory

Will make this premium in a little while, even though will also have a free version
    04-21-11 11:39 AM
    One of the most interesting theme I've come across.!!
    The idea is freakin awesome..
    However, the UI and the usability has to be terribly worked upon.
    But otherwise, Its an amazing piece of work!!
    Keep them coming..
    Cheers
    04-21-11 01:44 PM
    I loved the idea of swipeable homescreens since I saw Crossroads by BBIN. Unfortunately, that version of swipeable homescreen was too difficult to use on a trackpad device, and more suited for a touchscreen, so I am excited to see where this theme goes!
    04-21-11 03:29 PM
    looking forward to seeing the finished product! Thanks in advance for the inclusion of the sms hotkey! ive been using this theme for the last couple of days and really liking it!
    04-21-11 04:23 PM
    Arrrgh, after I spent the last 2 hours figuring out the 'navigation model' (how to make the theme work smooth and seamless) I realized I was using an SVG WITHOUT THE DAMN SHORTCUTS, lol

I will upload the theme here very shortly, but it won't have shortcuts just yet. Probably not till tomorrow.....
    04-21-11 05:35 PM
    Nice theme. Thanks for sharing. It would be great if "End Call" or "Back" button would make it go back to the home screen.

04-23-11 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD