After using themes like 'Leebo', 'Minimal 6' and 'Minimax' I got inspired. This resulted in.....
    Bare!

I made it for myself, but I also want to share it with the world. I hope you enjoy this theme. Feel free to use it, all I ask in return is your feedback.

Theme Features:

OS7 icons
    Wallpaper friendly Homescreen
    Profiles Icon on Homescreen
    Clock on the Homescreen is a shortcut
    No transitions, so optimized for speed
    Basic Application Screen background to enhance visibility
    Replaced backgrounds for Active and Incoming calls, aswell as the Lock screen.

Hotkeys:
    (Updated to v1.2.1)

c: Calender
    e: Messages
    f: FaceBook
    i: Pictures
    j: GoogleMaps
    l: Lock device
    m: MeterBerry
    r: App World
    s: Universal Search
    t: Twitter
    u: Music
    w: WhatsApp
    v: Videos
    x: Maps (BB)
    y: Manage connections
    0: Profiles
    $: SMS

Screenshots

HomeScreen Bare! v1.2

AppScreen Bare! v1.2

LockScreen Bare! v1.2

OTA v1.2.1 <--- Click here

Or scan this QR-code

Application Shortcuts need to be enabeled on the Homescreen to use these hotkeys.
    This theme is for OS6 only !
    Make sure to do a battery-pull after installing !!

Enjoy !!

Previous/Other versions:
    Summer Treat
    OTA v1.0 Click here
    OTA v1.1 Click here
    Last edited by FRanatic; 07-25-11 at 02:50 PM.
    andyahs, henghs, creepy09 and 16 others like this.
    07-08-11 03:00 PM
    Nice!

ikinws likes this.
    07-08-11 03:07 PM
    I love this bare with all simplicity and clear homescreen.. Just a lil' bit request, can you make a shortcut for facebook?

Thanks in advance..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-11 09:59 PM
    I like it dude! Thanks.

07-09-11 12:38 AM
    Great theme! Anychance you can make a fade transition version?

07-09-11 01:54 PM
    Transitions are easy to implement. I'll see what I can do. Not before next week though. So sit tight and make sure to follow up on this thread !

07-09-11 03:17 PM
    samurai08 and ikinws like this.
    07-09-11 05:02 PM
    I really like it and how fast it remains! I'm quite new to themes but I was wondering is there a way to make a shortcut/hotkey for universal search and messages? If I leave universal search on, I can still use the shortcuts whilst the unassigned ones can still do the search (tho i do need to delete a letter I typed) . Using this theme, I kinda miss the expanding notifications bar but if there was an option to enter into it from the homescreen then I'd hardly ever have to leave the home screen.
    In the end my suggestions really don't add to much that I can't find other ways to deal with it. e.g shortcuts or convenience key.

I love what you did and your minimalist approach, I'm digging the hotkeys, the one button press to get to the application screen and the subtle return to the home screen when it begins to power down - I can see more of my wallpaper and I like that you didn't tamper with the battery icon etc .
    I loved the panes on the default but I can see how ppl would prefer this and shortcuts.
    what do you mean "Clock on the Homescreen is a shortcut" - are you talking about when i press down on the trackpad?
    Only one nitpick in your design, when you go to the icon screen the battery and connection icons aren't aligned with the homecreen at the top.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by zensen; 07-09-11 at 08:00 PM.
    07-09-11 06:36 PM
    After sticking so long with themes that have docking 10 icons I decided to try this one out...

Luv it! A great combination with quick launch.. freeing up the home screen for beautiful wall papers...

FRantic... you rock!
    07-11-11 06:34 AM
    @zensen: Hotkey for Universal Search is planned for the first revision. Somehow it doesn't work at the moment, so I'll have to look into that. The alignment will be adressed aswell.
    07-11-11 12:28 PM
    I noticed the battery does not change to charging icon when charging (just like the battery icon in "option screen" during charging).

Is it possible to add this feature?
    07-11-11 01:36 PM
    I noticed the battery does not change to charging icon when charging (just like the battery icon in "option screen" during charging).

Is it possible to add this feature?
    That's a theme builder bug. I can't help that.
    07-11-11 01:38 PM
    That's a theme builder bug. I can't help that.
    hmm... but the other developer developing on their themes somehow managed to get the charging icon up? hmm...
    07-12-11 12:56 AM
    hmm... but the other developer developing on their themes somehow managed to get the charging icon up? hmm...
    Like I said...I can't help that. For me it's not an issue, so I don't bother putting time in it to sort out how to fix it

henghs likes this.
    07-12-11 01:19 AM
    I have been tweaking Bare! here and there.
    I've added some hotkeys (search and facebook) and did some layout tweaking.

I'll be testing this for a few days and if it works without issues, I'll release v1.1 here.

Stay tuned !!
    henghs and PiotrJot like this.
    07-12-11 01:12 PM
    I've added some hotkeys (search and facebook) and did some layout tweaking.

I'll be testing this for a few days and if it works without issues, I'll release v1.1 here.

Stay tuned !!
    i will love it !!
    07-12-11 01:53 PM
    (...)
    Would you consider as one of the tweaks replacing the alarm icon?
    I keep asking about this once a while, as I do think the OS 6.1 (or 7) clock icon match quite good the shiny profile icon
    Attached the icon + resized icon (credits to the sabisgeek for extracting them a while back and posting in the theme developers section)
    07-12-11 02:02 PM
    Would you consider as one of the tweaks replacing the alarm icon?
    I keep asking about this once a while, as I do think the OS 6.1 (or 7) clock icon match quite good the shiny profile icon
    Attached the icon + resized icon (credits to the sabisgeek for extracting them a while back and posting in the theme developers section)
    Consider it done !
    Thanks for supplying the icons !!
    07-12-11 02:05 PM
    Please consider adding these(it doesn't matter to me which keys to assign to the apps, just some suggestions):
    W: Whatsapp
    Shift+N: Blackberry News Feeds
    Shift+G: Google Maps
    Shift+B: Bolt Browser
    Shift+T: PB Task Manager (BlackBerry App World - PB TaskManager - keep your phone faster)
    Very good for killing unresponsive apps, the trial works forever I think it's ad supported.

Thanks
    07-12-11 07:58 PM
    Please consider adding these(it doesn't matter to me which keys to assign to the apps, just some suggestions):
    W: Whatsapp
    Shift+N: Blackberry News Feeds
    Shift+G: Google Maps
    Shift+B: Bolt Browser
    Shift+T: PB Task Manager (BlackBerry App World - PB TaskManager - keep your phone faster)
    Very good for killing unresponsive apps, the trial works forever I think it's ad supported.

Thanks
    Using key combo's defy the purpose to set them as hotkeys imho.
    If you are willing to hit two keys to launch an app, install QuickLaunch and use that. Awesome app.
    07-13-11 01:06 PM
    Any chance you can leave or have an option to leave the lock screen wallpaper the same as the main one? Great job on the theme!
    07-13-11 02:09 PM
    Any chance you can leave or have an option to leave the lock screen wallpaper the same as the main one? Great job on the theme!
    I was planning on redoing the Lockscreen. I'll fix it up with the same wp (balls).

07-13-11 02:12 PM
    everytime I try to download this theme it takes me to a forum and says that the security token is wrong so it won't let me download. Help?
    07-15-11 07:17 PM
    everytime I try to download this theme it takes me to a forum and says that the security token is wrong so it won't let me download. Help?
    I'll fix that asap ! Thanks pointing it out !!
    07-16-11 01:02 PM
    Updated to v1.1 !!!

Download link is in the first post !

Please leave some feedback !

Enjoy !
    Last edited by FRanatic; 07-17-11 at 06:59 AM.
    07-16-11 03:11 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD