Hi All,

This is my first attempt at actually publishing a theme - although I've played around with them before and have a lot of BlackBerry experience. Feedback appreciated.

This is an animated theme - everything else is standard. The first attached thumbnail below is an animated screen capture that shows how it will look on your BlackBerry. It's designed to be used with no icons showing - although actually there's room on screen for one row to be shown. If anyone wants, I can move the animation up slightly on screen to make this look better [Update: This has now been done - see the versions below]. Let me know.

Cheers,
    CB

Download v1 OTA here: http://db.tt/lzAH8nS
    Download v2 OTA here: http://db.tt/GWYuWNG (same as v1 but animation slightly higher on screen to allow for '1 icon row' users
    Download v3 OTA here: http://db.tt/4iGy1qE (same as v1 but icon focus and screen highlights now in an appropriate shade of green)
    Download v4 OTA here: http://db.tt/to3Twxv (same as v2 but icon focus and screen highlights now in an appropriate shade of green)
    Download v5 OTA here: http://db.tt/rmuAA4r (same as v3 but animation slowed down slightly to take pressure off OS and improve responsiveness, also image file optimised slightly)

If you like this theme, please post comments as any feedback for free themes is really appreciated. Feel free to donate if you like and use this or any other of my themes.

Donate via PayPal by clicking HERE.

Last edited by CelticBerry; 02-07-11 at 05:42 AM. Reason: More download link options, more screenshots, adjusted title
    DawgMan likes this.
    02-02-11 11:49 AM
    Thanks for sharing. I'm going to try leaving this on while in a meeting and have people start at my phone...

02-02-11 01:36 PM
    Just downloaded, battery pull completed. I really like the animation, thank you for sharing. One question though, how can I get my botton dock not to show so it looks like the images posted by jknutzen above? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-11 02:58 PM
    Just downloaded, battery pull completed. I really like the animation, thank you for sharing. One question though, how can I get my botton dock not to show so it looks like the images posted by jknutzen above? Thanks.

Look under your "Home Screen Options", and where it says "Number of Icon rows", change to "No Icons".

DawgMan likes this.
    02-02-11 03:44 PM
    To find the Home Screen Options, just hit the menu key, scroll down to Options...that's the one.

02-02-11 03:49 PM
    So as well as perhaps moving the animation slightly higher up (to accomodate '1 row of icons' users) I was looking at it and thinking that maybe having the highlighted blue focus (i.e. when the icon bar is selected or the manage connections, etc.) looked odd contrasting with the 'radioactive' green of the animation. Wondering whether I should match the green to make it look better. Thoughts?

CB
    02-02-11 04:38 PM
    So as well as perhaps moving the animation slightly higher up (to accomodate '1 row of icons' users) I was looking at it and thinking that maybe having the highlighted blue focus (i.e. when the icon bar is selected or the manage connections, etc.) looked odd contrasting with the 'radioactive' green of the animation. Wondering whether I should match the green to make it look better. Thoughts?

CB
    You know, I was thinking the same thing. I think that would be really neat. I commend you on a great original theme, thanks.
    02-02-11 04:53 PM
    Look under your "Home Screen Options", and where it says "Number of Icon rows", change to "No Icons".

Thanks that did it. Loving this theme.
    02-02-11 05:10 PM
    is there anyway to get just that background? Thanks
    02-02-11 08:00 PM
    is there anyway to get just that background? Thanks
    Attached as a wallpaper.

CB
    spegs likes this.
    02-03-11 02:37 AM
    Is it possible to remove the horizontal line below the notifications and on the bottom? You don't need to do it, I just want to know if it's possible
    Thanks!
    02-03-11 06:41 AM
    Is it possible to remove the horizontal line below the notifications and on the bottom? You don't need to do it, I just want to know if it's possible
    Thanks!
    Interesting question - and I can see why you might want to do it...

I've had a fiddle around and as far as I can see it's not an option you can adjust on the standard OS6 theme. Of course you can create a fully custom theme from scratch - but that's a lot more work and personally I think the standard theme is pretty good and I wouldn't want to lose a lot of the benefits it offers.

CB
    02-03-11 07:18 AM
    well what I need is to be able to see my full screen wallpaper while still maintaining all the functionalities such as scrolling down and opening the menu icons....
    I'm on the hunt for tuts to build a theme from scratch though so all help is welcome, and thanks again for your input and theme.
    02-03-11 08:09 AM
    You know, I was thinking the same thing. I think that would be really neat. I commend you on a great original theme, thanks.
    New versions added above with a green focus instead of the standard blue.

CB
    02-03-11 09:49 AM
    **Update**

I spotted a small glitch in the animation of v3 - now fixed with a replacement upload if anyone wants it.

Cheers,
    CB
    02-03-11 02:19 PM
    This theme made my 9780 jerky

Uninstalled
    02-03-11 11:34 PM
    Odd - it works smoothly on mine (and was deliberately designed to allow time between animations for the device to do everything else it needs to).

Are you sure it wasn't indexing files after a reset? On mine it can take up to half an hour for it to fully index everything and settle down (having a 32GB card installed being why!)...

CB
    02-04-11 03:02 AM
    thank you for the theme
    02-04-11 09:51 AM
    My pleasure
    02-04-11 12:57 PM
    This theme made my 9780 jerky

Uninstalled
    Ditto. Made universal search very slow also. This was after I installed version 1. Version 4 was worse - universal search stopped working.
    02-05-11 01:43 AM
    Looks to be a bug in the Theme Builder software whereby if you change the colour of the search bar then the universal search stops working!

Guess that's what you get with beta releases - hopefully they'll fix it in the next release.

CB
    02-05-11 03:13 AM
    **Update**

Added v5 - same as v3 but animation slowed down slightly to take pressure off OS and improve responsiveness, also image file optimised slightly.

CB
    02-05-11 07:15 PM
    Added an animated thumbnail to the original post to give a much better idea of what it looks like on your BlackBerry. Have attached it here also.

Cheers,
    CB
    02-07-11 05:40 AM
    A couple of minor theme fixes added to v5. Download location remains the same.

If anyone has problems with other versions (search bar, etc.) then please let me know and I'll update those too.

Cheers,
    CB
    02-09-11 04:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD