Hey guys,

I just got a brand new Bell BlackBerry Bold 9780 for 200$ (good price?) from some guy. I'm on Rogers so I unlocked the phone and it now looks like a factory unlocked model: no logos, splashscreens, wallpapers, I took off the Rogers apps, etc.
    However, there is only one installed theme on it and it's a Bell one. Where can I find the factory unlocked BlackBerry Bold 9780 theme? The one that RIM puts on their phones, not the one that the carriers do.

Thanks!
    Last edited by BTFan; 07-31-11 at 11:47 AM.
    07-30-11 05:30 PM
    Anyone? I'm sure at least one person on CrackBerry wanted the factory default theme of the 9780...
    07-31-11 11:46 AM
    Bump.................
    08-01-11 11:16 PM
    As far as I'm aware, the only difference between the default BlackBerry OS6 theme and a carrier one is the wallpaper... so change it.

You can't unbrand a phone by unlocking it. You have a Bell phone, and always will do. The theme that loads to the phone is dependent on the device ID, and yours has a Bell ID. It is possible to load the default theme, but that will mean editing the BlackBerry alx file prior to installing an OS. Easiest option though... change the wallpaper!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-11 12:29 AM
    OP has a Bell phone so it doesn't even have Bell wallpaper on the default theme. Bell branded phones are pretty awesome like that. The only Bell logo is when you go to Options > Themes, the default theme shows Bell logo instead of . Pretty minor detail.

If you really want to get rid of it. Go to your OS java folder and delete the theme .cod file that shows your vendor id. Then only the default theme will be installed. Find out your vendor id by pressing & holding Alt-shift-H.

08-02-11 08:36 AM
    OP has a Bell phone so it doesn't even have Bell wallpaper on the default theme. Bell branded phones are pretty awesome like that. The only Bell logo is when you go to Options > Themes, the default theme shows Bell logo instead of . Pretty minor detail.

If you really want to get rid of it. Go to your OS java folder and delete the theme .cod file that shows your vendor id. Then only the default theme will be installed. Find out your vendor id by pressing & holding Alt-shift-H.

Thanks so much for the reply!
    Where would I find the OS java folder? As for the rest, I get it. Just delete 331.cod
    08-02-11 11:50 AM
    You can play with blackberry.alx and select Rogers theme
    Just swap your vendior I'd with Rogers in alx file

Debranding is risky and not advisable.

08-02-11 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD