Hey All,

Anyway/tweak to remove the stock theme tabs (all, frequent, favorites...), they are really annoying
    12-25-10 05:49 PM
    Nope...
    12-25-10 05:57 PM
    No, maybe in the future though...

Just don't use them, use only the "All" one. I'm not sure how they can be annoying if you never see them...
    12-25-10 05:57 PM
    Just don't use them, use only the "All" one. I'm not sure how they can be annoying if you never see them...
    Wanna guess again?
    12-25-10 06:42 PM
    Wanna guess again?
    I never said I was guessing...
    12-25-10 06:52 PM
    Right. So anyway, they are annoying because every time you try to reach an icon that's on the rightmost or leftmost position, there's a fair chance that you will accidentally slide out into the nearby tray. And when your icon is within a folder under the "All" tray, you need to scroll back to the All tray, click back on the folder you were in, and then scroll towards your icon. That's three extra corrective moves every time this happens. If you use your BB as much as I do, it can get pretty tedious FAST. I really like my Bold, but I think my experience will be 100% improved when I get rid of all the trays.

Unfortunately, all we can do for now is sit and wait it out meanwhile RIM gets off its *** with theme builder 6.
    sherifbmw likes this.
    12-25-10 07:05 PM
    Get a theme... I got the HTC theme and there are no tabs
    12-25-10 07:23 PM
    Get a theme... I got the HTC theme and there are no tabs
    There are NO themes for the 9780 yet!!!
    12-25-10 07:26 PM
    You can scroll through menus when the tab is opened. You could also adjust your trackpad sensitivity to make it respond to your touch more efficiently.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-10 07:51 PM
    if it is on O6 there are themes, not on this site, but on another, as I just bought it and have only one screen....is the 9780 same as torch.....
    12-25-10 08:16 PM
    if it is on O6 there are themes, not on this site, but on another, as I just bought it and have only one screen....is the 9780 same as torch.....
    The only OS6 themes currently available are for the Torch... and no, the 9780 is not the same as the Torch
    12-25-10 08:21 PM
    If you're in another screen and want to get back to the 'all' screen, you can press the 'end' (red) key and it'll bring you back home. Just a little trick until a tweak it released

lcw731 likes this.
    12-25-10 08:36 PM
    If you're in another screen and want to get back to the 'all' screen, you can press the 'end' (red) key and it'll bring you back home. Just a little trick until a tweak it released

Yep, I use that. It's still 3 corrective actions to go back to an icon within a folder (hang up button -> scroll to folder and hit -> scroll to icon and hit). That of course assumes you do get your sought icon on the second try and don't overshoot it AGAIN to the nearby tray, and THAT's when your real love for the trays comes out in not-so-nice language
    12-25-10 08:45 PM
    No, maybe in the future though...

Umm because when you're scrolling under the All section, if you aren't precise and go too far in one direction, it kicks you over to the other tabs... It is annoying for me as well... I don't need/want those extra tabs.
    12-25-10 09:17 PM
    Right. So anyway, they are annoying because every time you try to reach an icon that's on the rightmost or leftmost position, there's a fair chance that you will accidentally slide out into the nearby tray. And when your icon is within a folder under the "All" tray, you need to scroll back to the All tray, click back on the folder you were in, and then scroll towards your icon. That's three extra corrective moves every time this happens. If you use your BB as much as I do, it can get pretty tedious FAST. I really like my Bold, but I think my experience will be 100% improved when I get rid of all the trays.

Unfortunately, all we can do for now is sit and wait it out meanwhile RIM gets off its *** with theme builder 6.
    Umm because when you're scrolling under the All section, if you aren't precise and go too far in one direction, it kicks you over to the other tabs... It is annoying for me as well... I don't need/want those extra tabs.
    Operator error...

Options> Typing and Input> Trackpad Sensitivity> Horizontal Sensitivity

If that doesn't help you then maybe you should think twice next time you buy a brand new phone with a brand new OS.
    12-25-10 09:26 PM
    Hi ppl,
    I got a prob here. Hope u can help. I just started using my BB9780 few days ago. I made a folder and moved all my email icons eg yahoo, hotmail, gmail etc into the newly created folder called Mail. I then accidentally deleted it from the screen. Now I can't find any of the email icon. I did a power on and off also to no avail. I can still receive email under notification and click to read it. But I can't simply just access any of my email folders! When I go to set up I can still see all my email accounts. How to get back or retrieve my lost email icons on the screen? Pls advise. Thks in advance.

12-25-10 09:47 PM
    Operator error...

Options> Typing and Input> Trackpad Sensitivity> Horizontal Sensitivity

If that doesn't help you then maybe you should think twice next time you buy a brand new phone with a brand new OS.
    Nominated for dumbest post of the year.
    12-25-10 10:32 PM
    Nominated for dumbest post of the year.
    Thank you!

It does seem dumb that I would have to even mention that. It's really too bad that people don't know how to use their own phones, or buy one not knowing what it does. You would think people would do some research prior to spending lots of money on a phone in this economy.

I nominate your post for the "most useless post of the year" though...
    12-25-10 10:40 PM
    Thank you!

It does seem dumb that I would have to even mention that. It's really too bad that people don't know how to use their own phones, or buy one not knowing what it does. You would think people would do some research prior to spending lots of money on a phone in this economy.

Oh so because some of us will intermittently & accidentally overshoot our desired cursor location, we don't know how to use our phones???

No offense intended but that was a pretty dumb post.

Many of us have no use for those extra navigation tabs, so why do we need to modify our phone settings and be extra careful not to navigate to those tabs inadvertently? You should be able to toggle them off if you don't need/want them, plain and simple... How hard of a feature is that to integrate? The O.S. should only navigate to those taps when you have that upper tab bar highlighted, not when you move too far to the left or right when navigating between the actual icons below it.

By the way, my 9780 cost me $84 through T-Mobile so I don't know what all this "lots of money" talk is....
    Last edited by wolfgaze; 12-25-10 at 11:17 PM.
    12-25-10 11:15 PM
    Oh so because some of us will intermittently & accidentally overshoot our desired cursor location, we don't know how to use our phones???

No offense intended but that was a pretty dumb post.

Many of us have no use for those extra navigation tabs, so why do we need to modify our phone settings and be extra careful not to navigate to those tabs inadvertently? You should be able to toggle them off if you don't need/want them, plain and simple... How hard of a feature is that to integrate? The O.S. should only navigate to those taps when you have that upper tab bar highlighted, not when you move too far to the left or right when navigating between the actual icons below it.

By the way, my 9780 cost me $84 through T-Mobile so I don't know what all this "lots of money" talk is....
    Thank you!

Also, $84 is like 4 cases of beer, which is "lots of money" for some people. I know I don't like going around spending any amount of money on things that are "cool" and "the new gadget" that I don't really know how it works or how to use it.

You're right, it's probably not that hard of a thing to implement, but that's what you get for being an early adopter to a phone and OS. YOU chose to spend that $84 on a phone and extend your contract when you could have used that money to put to something else...

Really though, what are your options? Do what I said, be more careful when flipping the trackpad back and forth, or return the phone until they update the OS. Based on your options it's not that dumb of a post after all is it?

Edit: I just want to add that if you do overshoot the icon you're wanting to go to you're obviously doing it wrong. If the trackpad sensitivity is set correctly you won't ever go past that icon. Or just think about what you're doing instead of flailing your finger around on the phone.
    Last edited by ridesno159; 12-26-10 at 12:11 AM.
    12-25-10 11:50 PM
    Euh No. I would like to have both, sensitivity AND precision, without having to compromise. Perhaps it is RIM that should think twice before releasing a new phone without a duly customizable OS on it. When I bought my Bold, I didn't realize I'd have to wait so long to be able to customize something this basic on it. I'm not regretful for my purchase or anything, I like my phone a lot. I'm just irritated by this and by the fact that RIM won't even let out a single peep on a time frame for TB6 release.

I love it though when a usability issue somehow becomes the user's fault. Thanks for that, Captain Obvious.
    Last edited by Bio; 12-26-10 at 12:20 AM.
    12-26-10 12:14 AM
    In my opinion, if you are struggling with the control of the screens then you are struggling with motor skills. That said, I would prefer to just have the all option and I am guessing it will be an option in the future.
    12-26-10 12:19 AM
    Also, $84 is like 4 cases of beer, which is "lots of money" for some people. I know I don't like going around spending any amount of money on things that are "cool" and "the new gadget" that I don't really know how it works or how to use it.

You're right, it's probably not that hard of a thing to implement, but that's what you get for being an early adopter to a phone and OS. YOU chose to spend that $84 on a phone and extend your contract when you could have used that money to put to something else...

Really though, what are your options? Do what I said, be more careful when flipping the trackpad back and forth, or return the phone until they update the OS. Based on your options it's not that dumb of a post after all is it?

Edit: I just want to add that if you do overshoot the icon you're wanting to go to you're obviously doing it wrong. If the trackpad sensitivity is set correctly you won't ever go past that icon. Or just think about what you're doing instead of flailing your finger around on the phone.
    Where did any of us communicate that this was a deal breaker and that we couldn't enjoy our phones without this modification to the O.S.? It's simply a desired change/feature. There's going to be a lot of complaints/gripes posted about this phone and O.S., and any future phone or O.S. for that matter... So you better learn to deal with that and not recommend that people don't understand their devices or should return their phones if they have any complaints....

And how on earth does one purchase a new piece of technology with full knowledge of how to operate it in advance? You learn as you go, that's the way it works.

$89 is not a lot of money by today's standards, especially when you consider many BB owners are probably paying that much per month for their phone bill (or more)....

Do you gauge value in everything based on how many cases of beer that amount of money can buy you?

Better start drinking Schlitz.
    sherifbmw likes this.
    12-26-10 12:21 AM
    In my opinion, if you are struggling with the control of the screens then you are struggling with motor skills. That said, I would prefer to just have the all option and I am guessing it will be an option in the future.
    Um, again, no. As a matter of fact, my very day job requires that I perform tasks of extreme precision and handle materials and fluids in the order of micrograms and microliters. If I had motor issues, I'm pretty sure they would show up there before anywhere else.

And why is the point being missed here? We've already established that what works for one doesn't necessarily work for all. The issue here is the lack of OPTION, not whether it is awesomest of all.
    12-26-10 12:22 AM
    Where did any of us communicate that this was a deal breaker and that we couldn't enjoy our phones without this modification to the O.S.? It's simply a desired change/feature. There's going to be a lot of complaints/gripes posted about this phone and O.S., and any future phone or O.S. for that matter... So you better learn to deal with that and not recommend that people don't understand their devices or should return their phones if they have any complaints....
    Where did I recommend that you return your phone? I listed your options, and my "dumb" post was the best one. You can want and talk about all you want from the phone, but don't complain about it because we don't need to hear any moaning and groaning. RIM will put whatever they want in the OS when and wherever they want. If you think they should be quick and have already had it done then you didn't do any research into the phone and the company that makes it before you bought it. Everyone knows RIM is slow at everything.

And how on earth does one purchase a new piece of technology with full knowledge of how to operate it in advance? You learn as you go, that's the way it works.
    You don't, but you can play with it in the store, read lots of reviews (this tab issue was mentioned before the Torch dropped), and know by researching that custom themes aren't available yet.

$89 is not a lot of money by today's standards, especially when you consider many BB owners are probably paying that much per month for their phone bill (or more)....
    I thought it was $84? Either way that is a lot of money. Lots of beer, McDonalds, a nice dinner out with the significant other, or even a months cell phone bill. You also had to sign a contract I'm sure to get that phone. Now you're out of cheap options for any other phones that might come along in the future too.

Do you gauge value in everything based on how many cases of beer that amount of money can buy you?

Better start drinking Schlitz.
    Ummm yea! I'm a college student, and Schlitz isn't bad at all, just not really for me...
    12-26-10 12:46 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD